Blue Cheese + 1 Unknown????

argyle11

Hey guys. Back after a year traveling the world, getting my head together& doing just fine. We have started week 1 of flowering in our grow room, with 10 blue cheese plants, all looking awesome & all green as hell... We also have 1 unknown strain (female) but was hoping you guys could help?

Here are some photos so far. We are in 50litre coco bags, mixed with perlite, 5 x 600w bulbs, 2 x outlet fans & 1 inlet, temps at constant 29C feeding 1 every 2 days with the hybrid green house seed bag (was vegging bag for 1st 3 weeks due to veg)

any feedback would be totally awesome.

By the way, the 1 that were unsure of the strain of is the 1 that totally looks like a xmas tree in last photo

image_thumb_jpeg_0c703633b06f44d48b240e818fd0946c.jpg

image_thumb_jpeg_3ea3f6bca58ebae7fef504c74573772e.jpg

image_thumb_jpeg_4c72cc75243fa116a5e88688853b101e.jpg

image_thumb_jpeg_4e550b65cdb25f2501d0afe675782ffe.jpg

image_thumb_jpeg_5ca9a85c905c721f3202c7f26d1b3513.jpg

image_thumb_jpeg_5faac46bd3110365efbf47183a927ec6.jpg

image_thumb_jpeg_9dce5dbfc3d4aad736eb31a918c3ff9e.jpg

image_thumb_jpeg_55f2b3da045182427346afbf10f96199.jpg

image_thumb_jpeg_624a802bc2c98c6f00cb9a3a5c92128a.jpg

image_thumb_jpeg_822d398205d9ca17a8c80fd7b2eba85f.jpg

image_thumb_jpeg_3311edc4f14d2151932705d63c72e234.jpg

image_thumb_jpeg_47545dc7be0ac86ee214e665c5de6c99.jpg

image_thumb_jpeg_cc3e968a59aed6e705595fc7c1ce7123.jpg

image_thumb_jpeg_ce19d1e9bc53e2a3cb87de48cce08a37.jpg

image_thumb_jpeg_eeaa070c76002e3b3703ccc3a1db6db2.jpg

I am not sure about the strain, hard to tell with 1 pic from distance and false light.

Nice general setup & layout but the amount of hps takes it toll with the 29°C.

The temp is at the edge of closing stomata and shutting metabolism down to a minimum.

2-4 ^C cooler and they will strive even better, or add CO2 as that works best at around 28-30°C

so you can keep the temp.

2nd I saw might be a perspective thing, but aren't the reflectors very far away from canopy ?

With 600/660 you can go as low as 15-20cm with a good reflector and spreader.

From what I guess, you are more than 45cm away, bulb-2-closest_bud.

I am driving my 660hps about 15-20cm away from the top buds with AAW Avenger medium with Spreader.

The reflector you seem to have is well known to me and it gets a lot hotter, so hot u wont touch the reflector when in use,

the AAWs sso cool you can put your hand on it and its not hot at all. That heat the other reflectors builds up sits between the top buds and the bulb !

I have never liked that wing but come across it many times when I visit other grows...it's not a thing to keep, change on next best occasion to AAWs or something of same

quality with 95+ reflection...means very low percentage energy goes into heat.

Yours has roughly 80% eff., meaning 20% of your 600W =120W go directly into HEAT  !!!!    times 5 for 5 hps  

Tune it baby ;)

Fim

Thank you for your feedback.

we have raised the lights slightly due to temp control onto the tips of the plants, due to the room being quite warm, however I have managed to put in a 2nd outlet 7 all seems to be around the 28 oC mark now

Yes I am in the process of getting all better lights, the wimg reflectors are just a starter set, I fully intend upgrade to quality shields such as all AAw's & lights.

I will be putting a photo of the xmas tree on here once it has finished to try & get expert opinions on strain. I'm pleased that you like the overall set pu, it wasn't easy but we got there.

we also have 15 pineapple kush seeds germinating at the moment, so rotation will be possible

Nice. Im going same kind of size and worrying about heat. 

Is there anyway to auto control it?

Im thinking get a aircon and dehumidifier on timers but would some kind of auto set up that adjusts as soons humidity and temp changes. Any ideas?

Also, haha im doing the same with lights. Thinking of buying 400w low bays with the glass and case to put my 600w in.

What do you thin about using all 400w hps?

tbh is this your regular grow size? if so what have you been achieving gram to watt ratio?

Also what food are you using? any boosters? n-p-k ratio ? ppm and ec info?

Hmm what else while im here.

Thats all I wama know hut i got info for you as i grew blue cheese by big buddha. I got 2 phenos, 1 huge mutant sativa and 1 weaky slim small. at the time i was using 20l oxy pots and either 40 or 60 litre bucket "look up brummy bubbler." its what we use in brum, I pulled around 20 oz from them.

You need to supercrop and top these, expect upto 12weeks for full flower too!

I will be honest too. its shit and nothing like cheese, day time smoker, mild. not a cash crop street seller and im glad I only grew the 2. 

germination, duds etc were unbelievable too. out 30 seeds I got that 1 good pheno and the other pheno thats ok but grow like indica. the latters the better smoke but still both are shit and probs why ghs dont sell blue cheese!

Id like to see something similar but with a stronger buzz feel. It was like smoking tobaco with bubblegum rizla lmfao looool

Even his cheeze germ and dom rates are bad! can barely get seeds to pop and when they do they just shyt, I did howe ever get 1 good form around 50 beans. I then bought ghs, done side by side, realised they the same, then done tests for ghs against uk cheese clown with 2x buddha cheese phenos "theres 3 like ghs" 2x blue cheese test ghs cheese with ghs cheeze.

ghs more reliable germ rate, no duds, 3 phenoes best described as large medium and small, all 3 give different buds but the large is closes to uk cheese clone as in smoke and taste not growing. none grow like clone cheese the large is close but just not there and dont give the same pheno of bud. the middle gives best to me.

Guaranteed 1 of each pheno with ghs 10 pack and guarabteed 1 or 2 good examples every 20 beans.

Good luck please let me know what your gram to watt is.

If you go same size, make sure you only go 8 plants as watering these is a ball ache lol

auto control on timers, full throttle while lights on, dim down to minimum dark periods for humidity effect to stay low.

dehumidifiers are great, but room this size buy 2-3

400w are good as side lights with no reflector.... However 250w are better for heat reasons

I normally get off 10 plants 80 oz using 5 x 600w hips lights.

i use the hydro bay (silver bag) 1 gram per litre, expensive doing a huge grow but well worth it as buds are huge

you wanting a stronger buzz.... Go with the legend that is white widow, not as big a yield however a huge punch

i topped 2 of them, fimmed 2 of them & supercropped 1 of them.... Experimental :) 

5 x 600 and only 8 plants ?  You either intend to grow real big trees or you will be far better off with many more plants.

3kW must deliver somewhere around 2.75-3.0kg or you didnt do the job as good as it can be done.

lets divide 3.000gr / 8 = 375gr. would need to be harvested each plant to make it worth the pain.

Actually..if you take 5 rows each 5 plants makes 25.  thats a lil over 100 each..far more likely to happen if you do a good job then 375.

The grows with that many lights usually do 6x6, 6x7 or 7x7 in rows, 30L pots, 5-6 x 600w plus additional smaller bulbs if needed.

Space needed somewhere 2.5x2.5m to 3x3m...around that.  for 5-7 600's hps ( 660 overdrive actually ).

You also need at least 6-8 fans, 40-50cm diameter to whirl air 24/7/365.  later on, place some fans low down to blow around pots and prevent 

infestions and mold. Air air air, everywhere 24/7/365 :)

the rule of thumb for ventilation is a MINIMUM of 400cbm per 600w bulb.  You need at least 1600cbm air outtake to fight the heat and humidity, better go 2000cbm.

Do not forget that your intake must be about 85% of your outtake capacity.  A small inlet will never allow 1600-2000 to be sucked out, no matter what fan you have !

For 1600-2000cbm you need an intake no lesser than 50x50cm with a filter, the more filter you apply the bigger it needs to be. 1sqm inlet is no bad idea if you can do that.

Or..if u got the money..buy a 1600 inlet and 2000 outlet fan, plus a control computer like ecotechnics' and set the values :)

Air is the hardest to master, far harder then doing the lights, pots or any other. It usually involves heavy work in your scale, holes through walls and heavy 300mm ducting

and last but not least a heavy jetstream that exists your place, maybe you cant smell it, but the jetstream of 2kcbm air is LOUD and also has some force to be taken care of.

A silencer is not a bad deal if you have enough space to put one in...either self made or from shop.

Fim I really appreciate your feedback.

were looking at getting roughly 70-80 oz dry total but I'll keep you posted, there nearly all 5 feet tall with the xmas tree at 6 feet

the smell is powerful just now but we have 2 carbon filters on the extractor fans just now which are doing a fine job.

there all in 50L pots / bags, looking at being watered everyday.

we will be investing in better outlet fans & air control systems if this is the success.

we did take precautions such as pest control solutions, however there not required (yet) 

ill keep u all up-dated

gonna be tons of nice trim...make your thoughts about how to do ice water hash in bigger style.....200L barrel.....1kW driller....cold cold water...lil ice....and time ;)

There are nice videos of guys doing it with more than a small bag of trim....to get you an ideaof what you will encounter ....