Super Critical Autos - 1st Grow!

Dwangsporran

20160625_114105.jpgHi, this is my first grow! I'm using a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m tent, 600w HPS bulb. I have a 5" cooling tube and a small reflector (I have a bigger one, but it doesn't fit the cool tube, so I've just hung it above the other one to reflect the escaping light back down). I have 2 x 6" clip on fans circulating air. I have been advised that I won't need another intake fan as the size of the tent and the vents at the bottom are sufficient for air circulation?? I will have a 5" fan for removing air through a 20cm carbon filter (brand new) later on in the grow when needed. I'm growing Super Critical Autos from Greenhouse Seeds. I germinated straight into the final pots. Not sure of the size of the pots, but they seem big enough from what I've seen on here. I'm using Canna Professional Plus with a 30%-40% perlite mix. I soaked the soil before planting the seeds for 24 hours with tap water (left for 24 hours) and Canna Rhizotonic (only 5ml in 9lts) balanced to 6.5ph. Planted the seeds and covered with cling film. They all popped within 72 hours and from what I can tell, they seem to be doing OK. I watered again today, 5 days from popping through. My temps are sitting at 26-29°C in the day and dropping to 18-20 at night. Humidity is hovering about 55%. I have my light turned down to 400w and I'm running the lights and fans at 18/6. I have the thermometer placed on top of the pots and the light is about 30cms from the pots. I will put some pics up for you to have a look. Please criticise if you see any flaws in my set up, like I said this is my first grow so really would appreciate any advice or hints and tips! Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing for you! 

20160626_122138.jpg

20160626_122126.jpg

20160623_140745.jpg

20160623_140737.jpg

20160623_140707.jpg

20160625_114048.jpg

20160625_114055.jpg

20160625_114051.jpg

• Like 2

Day 11 since popping through. 

Temps are sitting between 26°C and 29°C not dropping below 18°C at night. Can anyone let me know of they look like they should?? They got their second watering last night after these pics were taken. Thanks for your help!

20160701_232424.jpg

20160701_232411.jpg

20160701_232359.jpg

20160701_232345.jpg

20160701_232332.jpg

20160701_232305.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yes i agree with  french mango, the plants are looking nice but the temps are a little bit high for them and humidity too low it seems by looking at the leaves, i believe when they start to fold like this on the edges is because of excessive evaporation from the leaf so getting humidity higher will counter it, and lower a little bit the temps, or consider maybe getting some CO2 add in your room so you could stay with those temps without arming the plants :)

Have a good grow!

Nice start !!!

If you keep the same tidyness and effort throughout the grow till harvest you will be among those who harvest well ;)

You could place some plates with water, waterbucket, wet towels, etc... to the tent until humidity is in control.

Your humidity is fine between 50 and 60 fine. your temps are going off though. your over watering too which will get serious. can see the wrinkles, theyl start deforming soon if not sorted so go to like 1 feed every 3 days and as they get bigger goto 2 days then 1. Ive just gone threw this myself.

Right im be honest as ive been were you are. 

scrap these and go hydro with 2 plants before you waste any more time or swap these plants into hydro asap.youl end up with a few ozs from this unless you go sog, lst and supercrop. 

your pots are to big too. 

soils bigger and better in every way but hydros even better. the hype behine coco is so bs unless you going organic.

them big pots going to cause you lil issues.

Just stay under feeding and feed rationely maximum once every other day for now id even do 3 day feeds of 1/4 veg feed.

Id lst or even re pot them into smaller pots and do more plants as i recon you could easily double your plants if you control the height, supercrop or lst. id say go sog too to maximise the plants but the coco going to limit you.

you need either 1 big 60l bucket with sativa plant or wilma 4 pot or multiple indica in soil coco for your tent. unless your straine is known to grow big.

you could get some more seeds asap or wait for cuttings. id say start another 2 or 3 seeds atleast.

400w will give you 20oz if used right 20 to 30. but I can tell you aint getting that from this so go get some more seeds asap.

1st grow id try different strains. you should always grow 2 strains due to tolerance.

Im just giving my opinion. these could turn out ahyt phenos, hermies or anything. get some more going for just incasers and also add another strain or 2 too.

I know 1.2m is small but ive had 1 plants give 20 oz off 400w. its really not worth your time and electric bro.

smaller pots and more plants for sure. if go to tall top them. if to bushy lst or pinch.

you need to consider sog too its so easy in that tent and will give you maximum results for your space.

Just my opinion. your set ups fine. your watering and big pots is your prob for now.

canna food is shyt too. look for a water soluble fertiliser and dont get caught up with the hype on supplements.

Take care.

will check back.

• 2 months later...