How to get strong smell in Mary j

Favhaze

Favhaze,

It has been my experience that those wonderful smells have more to do with the particular strain than with the nutrients.  Which strain are you cultivating?

If you are growing a seed from a bag of unknown strain, that could be the problem.

Also, I have found that, even when I am growing an excellent strain with a killer smell during bloom phase, upon initial cutting and hanging, it seems that I too smell what I would describe as "that hay smell" for about the first week-and-a-half.  During that time, it is normal to have that hay smell.  What is happening is that the chlorophyl in the plant is drying out and is just beginning the curing process, converting to a more smokeable product.  That is only the drying time.  I usually allow mine to hang for a week or two, and normally after that time, it begins to lose that hay smell and the ganja smell returns.  That's when I take them down and I snap off the buds and put them into unsealed jars to begin the curing process; lid off for a day, lid sitting up-side-down on the jar for a day, off a day and u-s-d on a day, off a day and u-s-d on a day, continuing like that for 3 or 4 weeks.  Then it is usually well cured.