Cola To Heaven

MultiTech

Hello, Hello!

This is a clonette from a current mountain landrace pure sativa that is from the state of Sonora Mexico.

She was rooted in an organic soil from Guadalajara Jalisco Mexico under 1 32w CFL 6500k for 8 days. After which she was transferred outdoors and super cropped 7 days after transition, 5 days later topped and 3 days later (today Aug. 3) super cropped one again to set her up for high stress training in indoor hydroponic scrog.  I will be posting a video of my method of rinsing the roots for the transfer to pure hydroponics with Lava Rock as medium.

I left a central cola to grow. This cola to heaven will be surrounded by 32w t8 6500k fluorescents with a 400w HPS making her happy from above. The other outer secondary colas will have a 600w HPS with under canopy lighting as her mother has in my other current grow. 

Hydro Application - Ebb n' Flo design

Medium - Lava Rock 

Nutrients will be General Hydroponics Flora Series with additives FloraBlend, RapidStart, KoolBloom, Floralicious and FloraKleen for flush. Ph down will be Phosphoric Acid (nitric acid for veg but no veg, straight to flower cycle), Ph up not needed. Water will be Reverse Osmosis (RO)

Mini-split ductless a/c set to 18-25c depending on week in cycle and day/night environment. A small fan will be used to circulate the air around the babe and up the cola to heaven lighting chamber. 

Will be using basic Ph digital meter with Ph drops as well so everyone can see the exact shade of Ph in liquid test kit when compared to a calibrated digital Meter. Also digital PPM/Temp meter will be used. 

I am excited to see these results as it is my first attempt at the technique for a single cola and am curious to see if she will rob the lunch money from her sisters down below. 
I will be updating as she progresses so you can see my whole process from root rinse to build of her indoor home to harvest. I hope this strikes up some conversation and gets your minds twirling a bit. 

The mother mid week 6:

mother.jpg

Nutrients/Meters

nutrients.jpgmeters.jpg

Clonette:

clonette.jpgcloseup.jpgtopview.jpg

My baby Dama, thinks Clonette is her baby and will not let anyone near her, only me...  Great security! lol

Unfortunately, no guard dogs in the flowering room.... :)

dama.jpg

Looking forward to your views and comments.

Saludos!

• Like 3

Interesting "double-potting" technique.  Why is that?

Looking forward to pictures and description of the switch-over from soil to hydroponics in lava rocks.

Yeah, I had spontaneously discovered the benefits of lava rocks as compared to ton balls about a year and a half ago.  Cannabis really likes lava rocks. 

In my soil mixes, I now mix-in small granule lava rocks or lavarock dust.  Not only does it help the soil to drain similar to perlite, but it has minerals that Cannabis loves.

11 hours ago, Cannabissapean said:

Interesting "double-potting" technique.  Why is that?

Looking forward to pictures and description of the switch-over from soil to hydroponics in lava rocks.

Yeah, I had spontaneously discovered the benefits of lava rocks as compared to ton balls about a year and a half ago.  Cannabis really likes lava rocks. 

In my soil mixes, I now mix-in small granule lava rocks or lavarock dust.  Not only does it help the soil to drain similar to perlite, but it has minerals that Cannabis loves.

To answer your question in regards to the double potting technique.  In my grows I have found that when I do short veg cycles, I do not like to disturb the roots so much as the upper canopy training that I do.  When I double pot, I simply remove the very base of the pot she is sitting in, prep the new pot as needed and set her right on top of the new soil.   

When I go to rinse her roots for the hydro transition, I like a fuller rooting zone for the transfer.  When I double pot, it forces her to naturally dig her roots downwards as I only water the bottom pot.  Also when I do have her set up in the hydro, After week 2 I will uncover her top roots and allow her to do some air pruning and produce a huge root mass which fills the whole container.  More roots, more uptake. :)

Lava rocks are an amazing medium in both hydroponic and soil applications in my experience as well.  Light weight, easy to clean after, never had mold issues or root rot, high mineral count = healthy roots.  They are easily accessible and no one questions when you buy lava rocks over clay.    

Super stoked on you and I am excited to keep you updated!  New photos will be coming soon, I am almost done with her setup.  

Shaka!

• Like 1