LED Trainwreck GHSC Coco

High, once again! 

Decided to start a new grow and going to do just one strain this time of GHSC Trainwreck going to be using canna coco with their line of nutrients going to be using 18litre pots this time round as I intend in vegging them till mid October!

I will be using my trusty spektrum King LED 300+ and 400+ in 1.2sqm tent with 5" rhino dual speed fan for intake and 6" phresh hyper fan for outtake. If anyone's got any advice on training them I'm open was thinking LST and topping them ideally no scrog as I'll have to hide them for half a day in October.

image.jpeg

Day 3 germination 6 have popped out 1 has done nothing big so that's thrown away! 1 has come out with 3 petiole leaves and one has come out with none! I put 3 northern light X big bud into germination and 2 have popped out already the other looks like it will tomorrow! Hoping at least 3 more pop up! I have put them under fluorescent light 4x24w to start off till second set of leaves show then I'll put them under 300w spektrum King led for 3 weeks then swap to the 400w then finally when in flower I'll put both fittings on!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Come to day 7 fro out of packet and I've ended up with 8 trainwreck and 3 northern lights X big bud 1 trainwreck came out with no petioles but 2 leaves are starting to poke through don't know if I should give it the time or not?

i have put them under led already get some rapid growth going on. Hoping to repot in 2 weeks time into 11litre pots before they finish off in 18litre pots temps have been daytime between 24-27 on a hot day night time been a solid 23. Slow growth but I think I over watered the medium before putting the riot cubes in once it dries out it will start growing then I'll just give them a splash of water each day keep roots aereated as much as possible to recover. 

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice lil teenagers ;) they are looking good so far not stretching too much and nice wide leaves. Maybe they could eat just a litttttle bit more of food but nothing super bad neither it could be the strain that has a light color too.

Have a good grow!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dust said:

Nice lil teenagers ;) they are looking good so far not stretching too much and nice wide leaves. Maybe they could eat just a litttttle bit more of food but nothing super bad neither it could be the strain that has a light color too.

Have a good grow!

Hey dust yeah they pretty ladies they do need up of feed they are darker than the pic that's the white light led. I'm going careful on nutes at the moment the roots aren't developing too well hopefully by end of week they'll be strong enough for extra food give them a little calmag at the same time! Hope you're good!!

• Like 1

@I'm Sal yeah it was my impatience if you saw the trainwreck a few weeks back they didn't look well and I lost faith in them but in the space of a week they decided to show life and vigour I've got 10 weeks before I can put them into flower I got a 2x4ft tent but still that won't help lol. I've asked friends if they can house and ones had a spider mite breakout and has put everything into deep purge. Others just don't have space I'm a fool of a took for not having faith and patience in the trainwreck. 

Repotted them yesterday went and had a look at the cheesedogs roots and they were all sludgy and horrible so done me a favour really did a spot of Lst to the trainwreck and nl X big bud to find on one of the trainwreck that top split itself it has done it to some of the lowers too:) potted them into 18litre pots and and gave them a little water from m the top and a bit from the bottom weary they will get rootbound and not reach the bottom so I thought I'd try make them search for the water for a week! Starting to smell lovely in here. Pic of bottom branch where it split in two by the blue string. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just got in and this is the first time it's happened roots are growing out the top of coco! Why could this be? First time doing Lst but sure that's not the reason why! Puzzled I've put more coco on top but more than likely same scenario tomorrow. Anyone have any suggestions? Should I water from bottom as it's coco and it'll suck it up or will that not work? 

Hi, nice work.

With LST it is best to tie the bottom of the plant first then bend main stem away from bottom tie,

like 2 ties pulling against each other, it stops up rooting which your last picture surgests.

They will reroot in, best not to bend any more until they do so.

Hope this helps

PEACE

• Like 1

Thanks @I'm Sal yeah I like the way you've done yours I started ed too late as it was and did what I cold I'll put a string opposite sides now but next time round I'll do what you've done looks like it will be easier work when it gets to the scrog! 

@dick yeah they are gonna have a good dose tomorrow as fed yesterday 

• 2 weeks later...

After my error of not doing Lst correct they have struggled but have shown major improvements over the last 2 days. I wasn't feeding them enough they are now getting an ec 1.6 and gaining colour. They shown a lot of reddening of stems which I presume is down to stress!  Hope it doesn't make them want to hermie. The big bud at the back of the tent are the healthiest and trainwreck are on the mend. Roots are pouring out all the holes of the containers I was concerned they may get rootbound middle of the pots. Going to do some more tying down and minimalise weak branches in a couple of days. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1