Mapito 1st run - Blue Dream

SantaBuds

Hey brothers,

thought i should make a journal and keep records of my 1st mapito experience.... 

for those who doesn't know mapito is rockwool cut up to small pieces.. i also added some foam to it cause it helps to aerate the wet pito...  

i will be using a flood table and 4x 28L crates filled with pito.. in this run i will be testing 2x clones per crate and from there i will see how it fills up...

IMG_6293.jpg

i started with clones on rockwool from blue dream plant: 

IMG_6524.jpg

they took about 10 days to root and then i moved them into 1L pots..IMG_6528.jpg

after 8 days under 250w MH lamp they grown a bit:

IMG_6544.jpg

and 2 days after that pic, totalling 10 days in the 1L cups i moved them to the crates:IMG_6552.jpgIMG_6554.jpg

they had 2 more veg days and than i moved them in 12/12 schedule using hps lamp dimmed to 400w... these pics are 2 day after 12/12 switch:

IMG_6565.jpgIMG_6561.jpg

i guess that's it for now.. 

peace!

• Like 6

Mapito...,  I see what you mean, SantaBuds,

Mapito is Rockwool that is cut-up into chunks. 

For the starter cube, is that a single piece or is it also Mapito?

And what kind of cup or holder did you use for the seedling stage to hold that first cube, please?

I may want to try this method sometime.

hey bro...

yes you are right... mapito is chunks of wool... i cut my own rockwool slabs and mixed with the foam...

i used regular rockwool cubes... but i didn't germinate those plants.. those were cuts from mother...

i cut a few from tray and placed them under them on tray with perlite on the bottom and under a  dome...

IMG_9843.JPGIMG_9845.JPGIMG_9853.JPG]

i can go in detail with u on the cube prep if u want...

peace...

• Like 4

Your pictures and explanation are great.  Interesting technique. I believe I will try this at my next cloning session.

When you water the clones, do you only introduce the water into the perlite?  (no drippers?)

Do you ever mist the clone foliage?

this is what i did:

first, i soaked the cubes in warm and acid solution... got warm water and poured enough ph down ( don't put your ph pen in it ) to make it very acid... let it soak for 12 hours... this will make the cube very soft and than you can flush the cubes with 0.5 ec + root juice  and ph 5.8... 

make clones and use root gel, place the clones in cubes and close it with dome for 5 days. leave it under 24hour light... u don't touch them for 5 days or open the dome... just let them be...

within 5 days u can open the dome and let them breath for few minutes.. spray the dome with water and put it back on....

when u notice they are drying u bottom feed them with tap + grow nutes = 1.0 EC + root juice

mine were rooted within 8 days... i let them for 10 days until more roots developed....

i guess that's it...

:D

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nvmedigrower said:

there lookin great. :taunt:

thanks bro!

4 hours ago, Cannabissapean said:

Yes looking great.

Are you using HPS dimmed to 400W in this tent?

If you have a Metal Halide (MH) lamp, that would provide a better spectrum for Vegg.

Oh, I see now (duh...).  You have already switched to 12/12. 

Nevermind...

i forgot to mention, but i also went back to full power... now they are under 660w ( super lumens ) hps....

2 hours ago, dick said:

Agreed looking great in there

will be watching this one excellent start

Would it be a good idea to cover mapito to

block light and stop alge growth?

Peace bro

the mapito in the crates has been soaked in light ec solution and ph 5.5.... i pressed the shit out of them to get the excess water out but  it was kinda wet still... when i planted them in crates, they were fed from top... that only happens when u transplant... all the rest of the feeding goes from the bottom now....

but my point is, they only get algae if they are wet.... and kwnoing that, to prevent the algae, i covered the wet pito in the crates with dry pito.... so the top layer is dry... that's enough from keeping the algae away....

thanks for your comments guys!!! :D you all have a good weekend!

• Like 2

Nice setup for sure, one of our old member use to use the same kind of medium that were rockwool flakes but in a little bit smaller chunks i believe and it was sold in bag ready. and it definitly is a great medium if you have time to give to your plant and check the nutrition almost daily. I even think they are using rockwool flakes hand watered in the GHgrows video.

Anyhow plants are looking great and are having a great time it seems in your setup ;) It will probably end up in some bushy ladies :)

The nutrition does look good be careful tho that on the lower right corner this lady is starting to show a liiiight sign that she could like a day or two without food ;)  but nothing to worry with the stretch they will be using the food anyway.

Have a good grow

• Like 1

dust, nice to see u posting... 

the chunks are looking bigger cause the top layer isn't wet... all the mapito bellow that top layer is quite smaller.. they get smaller once they are wet..  i cut up slabs and made my own pito cause can't find them here ready for use... 

i flood only once every 3 days... where i got wrong is that i have a big res... 80L... so i flooded and when i get the water back to the res, they only take 10L... so i had 70L of solution, but i didnt check the runoff... so for couple feeds i thought i was feeding 1.0 EC still, but i had gone up to 1.2 EC... i had to put some water back in the res to make the solution go down a bit, and i didnt... i think thats why they got a bit too much food...

later on i will post more pics....

peace, santa!

• Like 1

hi guys.... 

i have some bad news.... everything got infested with root aphids, so i had to kill everything... took everything out and sterilise the both rooms.... flower and veg.....

took all moms out and now all i got are clones that need to be rooted... have to restart and in the near future i will post pics....

little fucker those aphids are....

:(

SB

the history is that they started in france attacking grape vines...

difficult to take a decent pic since i don't have macro camera... those fuckers are small and when they become adult they turn into small flies that travel all around your grow...

Screen Shot 2016-09-04 at 6.18.30 PM.png

that's from my veg... but the crates had lots of them...

impressive tho how big the roots were in the crates... i couldn't believe they grown so much...

it was fully infested... they spreaded really fast in rockwool... :( 

they eat up on the small roots... see how the roots were brown? they eat the tiny roots..

SB

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys... this topic should be renamed for 2nd run... lol

so... after killing all the bugs... i killed also the mothers and took clones from it... i chose the best 12 from these ones:

IMG_6639.jpg

and the different thing i made this time.. is that i planted 12 in total... 3 per crates... they are already under 12/12 flowering... lol...

IMG_6641.jpg

IMG_6643.jpg

let's hope for the best now... :D 

Peace, SB.

• Like 3