Sick Moms

Growmaster J

So I have this new project I got promoted too. Ive got a fairly big room full of sickly moms. Stems and veins are pink/red. Some leaves curled down, some curled up. I didn't have control of the room but when I did a consult I did a run off through a cpl random plants and there EC was off the charts, like 4.0. I told them to flush hard and get it under control. They basically did minimal for weeks. There currently on a flood table getting bottom fed. Using shitty ass Plant Prod basic food on an Argus automated system. I don't like it. Long storey short I'm in control now. They also hacked off brown roots, repotted, pruned, trained, cloned,  and have had bugs and powdery mildew.  Its a proper high end build and I'm switching to a drip system asap and trying to introduce some vitamin b complexes and nurse them back. Get them healthy enough to produce decent healthy clones and regenerate the mother stock. Any other tricks I should consider?

Red stem is or PH off,or the grow room so much cool,but i think the first  tink is right in this case.

Ec up to 4.0 because plant cant absorbe nutrient.  Flush with right PH and enzymes,afther this w8 the plant show new growt,and start feed again.

For prevent the molt next time add  10 to 20 % perlite on your substrate,and you forgot ioidio. :D

My 2 cent ;)

• Like 1

Be sure you have good air circulation to prevent hot spots or wet spots among the plants.

Be sure the extraction is adequate to reduce the excess moisture (causing that mold).

As you already know, because there has been brown rootrot, there is no sense to want any flowers from these plants.  The taste is already ruined.  Your concentration is now singularly on a harvest of clones.  You can resurrect this strain through the clones, which you will grow cleaner in a better substrate under better controlled conditions.  Since your goal now is only clones, go ahead and use Neem Oil and or another spray prophylactically to ensure you won't get spidermites or other creepies before the clone-cuttings.  Neglected grows are notorious for suddenly becoming infested with spidermites.  After you have successfully rooted sufficient number of clones, the remaining portions of these plants may only be worth BHO or similar extraction or infusion into Cannabutter, if even that.

If you can adjust your lighting, ditch the red and yellow wavelentghs (or HPS) and concentrate on cool white and blue (or MH or CFL-coolwhite).  If you can toss in a UVB, all the better.  You want to concentrate on Vegg lighting, not too intense at first.  But after new growth begins to appear, then bring the lamps a bit closer.

You already have the right idea to flush before administering corrective nutes.  Just be sure to let the flushed rootballs dry really well before introducing the new nutes, otherwise the brownroot could easily return.  Mykol is right, proper pH at flush as with every feeding is paramount.

And when you do begin nutrients again, start at half strength and read the plants' responses before increasing the dosage.

Hope this helps...

• Like 2

Everything has been said here i agree with Mykol and canabispean :rabbi: Wrong Ph probably blocked the absorption, and you got all solutions said here. About the nutes i got really nice results with botanicare when i tried it, definitly good for mother plants and flowering. The Powderfeeding is doing great at resurecting plants that are doing bad as well, the motherplant would for sure get them back on track and it works great on dripping system for your mother room for example.

Good luck with the room!

• Like 1

On 29/8/2016 at 6:06 PM, Growmaster J said:

Yes, I agree. Unfortunately its a big pain to introduce any new nutrients or items in general in this setting. I have been pushing for beneficial microorganisms for months. In particular I love House & Garden Root Stimulator. I'm going to insist on adding it asap. 

Yes mate,i have try house garden roots excelurator from house & garden,and i think is one of the best product for root health and root growt.

I agree with dust,powderfeeding for mother plant i is great to keep the plants healthy, I just administer this through the roots to my plants, and their being very vigorous.

According to everything I recommended, good advice.

Sometimes I see red stems and red veins (sheet) excess excess nitrogen or cold. It may also be a reason to keep in mind.

About brown roots, it is not good. Perhaps a different substrate system is a good choice (coconut fiber). In addition to respecting the cycles, wait until dry and then water (overwatering is also very bad for the roots and plants).

Mushrooms .... a serious problem, powdery mildew is the worst. You can use chemical treatment, but also recommend using UV-B light to kill spores (take precautions, protective goggles and gloves against UV-B rays).

Overall, constant air renewal and disinfection room. 50% maximum humidity and temperature at 25 °, it is always positive to help recover the plant.

regards

• Like 1