Himalaya Gold flowering time?

The Indica Charmer

Hi people... I am hoping someone can answer my question. I was going to buy some himalaya gold seeds because it says they finish end of September, but after watching a couple of Arjans videos, they say something like 8-10 weeks flower time. My question is will this be ready end of September,  because with my growing situations I can't wait till mid October when all the hunters show up. Lol. Thanks. I am in northern hemisphere btw. 

Hello Man, well it depends a lot on your area of living, if you look on the catalog i think they say on which latitude they base the timeline of the strains, i believe it was somewhere in europe. Now one way to be ready to fight this if you know october is not good for you is to start her in indoor and make her veg a month or 2 and luckily when you get her out she will start flowering soon enough and end up soon enough! in the worst case you will miss a week or two on your flowers if the hunters are that bad! or some White rhino White widow could go faster for you.

Good luck

I am a bit confused.  It is now mid-late October, and you are concerned about the plants maturing in September or October.

Is Himalaya Gold a plant that requires 11 to 12 months from seed to finish?  Nahh, that cant be right.  You must be in the planning stage for next years crop...

If you have a larger indoor Vegg setup, you could start mothers now, from which you will cut clones through the winter, and then the clones could be vegged to full size and pre-flowered for setting out in June if you are northerly located.

When are you planning to start the germination?

I agree with Dust, starting a few seeds early affords you the options of designating some as mothers destined to produce clones, while designating others as direct vegg's who can be transplanted outdoors early.  That way, you can have plants at varying stages of development, some to harvest in August, some in September, and others in October.

But right, it is important to know whether the lighting in your lattitude will allow plants transferred outdoors to continue flowering or whether it will cause them to re-vegg...

Good question...

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2016 at 7:57 AM, Cannabissapean said:

I am a bit confused.  It is now mid-late October, and you are concerned about the plants maturing in September or October.

Is Himalaya Gold a plant that requires 11 to 12 months from seed to finish?  Nahh, that cant be right.  You must be in the planning stage for next years crop...

Hey there... sorry to get back so late! Thank you both for your responses! Yes, you are right- I am planning for next years grow.  This year half my plants got ripped in the beginning of October... I lost what would have been 5 pounds of dry product, including the lemon skunk, and Jack herer... which were drying in the deep woods! Hunters must have smelled it! But I still managed to make it out with some exodus cheese, and Kalashnikova, which both smelled amazing! So yeah, I just want all my ladies to finish  by the end of September to be outta there by Oct. 1st. 

I usually start from seed indoors around mid April, then transplant them mid May, and away the season goes! So has anyone here  grown the Hilalayam gold? My plants usually all start to flower around the 1st week of July, so I am hoping that would give this strain enough time to get HUGE, and give some good milky tricomes. Any thoughts?