Great white shark Girl Scout cookies black D.O.G led coco

Decided to start off scratch and start a new diary    I have got a starter kit of DNA mills nutrients to try out so I got some of there coco with cork to try. I put 7 viper cookies on germination had a dud pack only one cracked and came out of soil but has been deformed the petioles wouldn't open or face upwards I tried to free them and accidentally snapped one off but 3 days later today it's finally showing first set of leaves poking out! Not holding out on this one but I'm hoping she pulls through! I put 3 Girl Scout cookies  1 is up and startin second set of leaves one didn't crack and other didn't do anything in coco I dug it out and gave up on it left it on top of coco in dark corner of room ready to throw away went to dispose of it today to notice 2 tap roots growing and very hairy so I repotted it let's see what f I end up with twins!! 2 Black D.O.G rooting vigorously but one has stretched stupidly and is very weak and floppy! Also put 5 great white shark to replace the viper cookies 4  germinated 3 made it above coco of which one has no leaves just the petioles and its hollow inside so I'll either have 7 in total or 5 if I have 7 I'll finish them off in 11ltr pots if only 5 18ltr pots. I got a feeding guide for their nutrients for a guidelines me it's pretty good but for newbies the ec levels could be a killer check the veg levels!! Sorry pic is sideways my phone is having a glitch! I've started off quarter strengths ec 0.5 and so far they have been the darkest I've ever had seedlings looks like the nutrients are very easy to use!

IMG_0922.JPG

• Like 1

@I'm Sal so far not impressed with them these ar Cali connection and both seeds that popped have come out all wierd but they are a resilient strain so May turn out good yeah I'm gonna leave them together but put them in bigger pot than the rest! Trying out DNA mills nutrients this time got a sample pack to try enough for 1x1.2sqm crop seems easy to use but if you were to follow their guide ooh shit although it does say in bold guidelines only lol

Could be a genetic flaw or a seed development problem, being that both the discoloration and the shape distortion exhibit a pronounced symmetry.

The Cotyledons seem to be in order, and through their enzyme production, they should be attempting to correct many chemical imbalances or imunity problems.

Just keep doing the same as the others, and maybe you'll see an improvement when the second or third set of true leaves open up.  Maybe she'll be alright.

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear that you won't give up on that plant.

I once had a Kaia Kush (KK#1PF) that was a deformed freak right out of the seedpod, and it took about 4 or 5 weeks before the second set of true leaves emerged.  That plant eventually became the largest and highest yielding plant in that grow.

Compare KK1PF page 2, against KK1PF page 6(KaiaKush at back of tent), against the weight results reported at the end of the test grow.  Here's the link to that test grow:

http://forums.strainhunters.com/topic/9522-green-house-kush-test-compared-against-kaia-kush-each-comparing-short-powder-feeding-against-advanced-hydroponics-nutrients-by-cannabissapean/?page=2

• Like 1

It looks like my freak cookie is turning for the better too early to tell but on second set of leaves 3 leafer the lower leaves are normal colour and doesn't by look too deformed will tell better when next lot of leaves show! I also had a great white shark that only the cotyledons popped out no leaves I left it there anyway and they are finally coming out and my viper cookies that the cotyledons I had to separate and accidentally snapped one off has second set of leaves showing so she looks like she'll pick up too 2 great white shark doing well and 2 black dog also doing good beginning of week2IMG_1173.JPGviper cookiesIMG_1175.JPGgreat white sharkIMG_1176.JPGGirl Scout cookies 

2 hours ago, BlackMagickGenetics said:

How far are your lights away from your girls? I would recommend dropping them a little if you can. @mung

I'm really interested in seeing how your Black D.O.G comes out. So I'll be watching.

Hey black magic they are right at the roof of the tent at mo it's a spectrum king 400+ led equivalent to 1000w so thought it was too much to start off but they have strengthened a lot over last 3 days so will de dropping it down to 2-3feet from plants may swap fitting for my 300w so light isn't too intense in a week or 2 the black dog will go into their own tent give them loads of space. Putting them into my gorilla 2x4 tent under the 300w I might  throw the weakest from the other 7 in there be easier to work 6 in one tent than 7. 1 of the Black D.O.G stretched for flourescent which was 6" from pots so thought they may benefit from stronger light they did! I can say they root very fast so I'll be interested to see the veg!

• Like 1

Sounds good mung! How old are they now? I was planning on doing another photoperiod since im just finishing up two but i was also reversing , collecting and storing pollen so i told myself once im done reversing the last strain im doing im going to clean up and then do another photoperiod just to stay on the safe side. But i was looking at some strains to work with and Black D.O.G and a couple others caught my eye so ill be in the front row watching!

4 minutes ago, mungbean79 said:

I hope my GSC turn out ok after they had a hard start!  I got a viper cookies moxie seeds on the go put 7 on 2 cracked but only one came up and the cotyledons were stuck together prized them apart and accidentally snapped one off but it's coming on strong! The Black D.O.G are about 14 days from packet

If it's photoperiod you will have no problem.

• Like 1

For 3 weeks these babies aren't doing well at all I've stopped giving base nutrients this week and just gave them rhizotonic and advanced nutrients B-52 vitamins see if it helps. Since I've done that they have picked up however the he Black D.O.G front one on picture isn't standing in its own well! It's rooted well but just very floppy not sure why. Didn't check on night temps all week and it dropped dramatically the GWS new leaves have a r d tint to them turned heating on in house to help! Struggling to keep humidity above 50% my humidifier is broken I've Hun wet towels in tent and put buckets of water by intake and nothing is helping  IMG_1232.JPGblack D.O.GIMG_1233.JPGviper cookiesIMG_1234.JPGGreat White Shark was hollow took 2 weeks for these leaves to come out!IMG_1235.JPGGreat White SharkIMG_1237.JPGGSC coming out correct now ?IMG_1238.JPGBigger twin going weird hopefully sorts herself out IMG_1239.JPGBaby twin putting up a fight struggling to root well but leaves are showing signs she wants to perform

1 hour ago, BlackMagickGenetics said:

Your great white shark topped itself! I had this happen to a Purple Widow and it came out looking the best in my tent.

They haven't no! I didn't check night temps and they've dropped a lot the last 3 days the new leaves are tucked under bigger leaves as if it's trying to keep itself warm I think I'm killing them off with not paying attention to their needs! I work nights my son is ill and got one on it's way! Too much going on at once if I can't rectify this i might give it a rest till my newborn is here!

I had my son last year..it was hard to manage the grow and a newborn , it was pretty hectic. If their photoperiod and you have the funds available i would recommend you to buy a bag of Fox Farm Ocean Forest and transplant. FFOF has enough food for 1 month just PH and water after that flip to 12/12 and feed bloom. This should give you some leeway to do other things you need to while providing the right nutrients to your plants at this stage.

• Like 1

@BlackMagickGenetics Funds are a tad low at mo coming up to crimbo! I'll manage! You said about one of my great white shark topping itself? My baby twin GSC is doing well and has split herself she's 1" above coco I can see her getting no bigger than 12" by the time she's finished and yield next to nothing but will be a sweet baby for the garden :) I put 8 regular seeds on Friday night just to make  things more difficult for myself lol. By This morning Monday morning they are all up! They are Brothers Grimm seeds Grimm mix freebies with Cinderella 99 look forward to these I bought c99 hashmaster and Rosetta Stone and got 2 packs of Grimm mix and a pack of purple urkle free. 

IMG_1272.JPG

IMG_1273.JPG