End of Prohibition... ok let us believe that...

Croc

Hi folks,

I keep on hearing all the time... "Making Cannabis will not stop the black market!" And I will agree almost 100% with that saying, the reason why?

Let me explain myself briefly...

in almost all of the documentary I am watching over time they all say the same things... 

-  "We already have the alcohol problem!... adding Marijuana to it I don't think it's a good idea"

- "Legalise it will make it more available to kids!"

- "Legalise it and authorised its growth will not stop the black market!"

- "We have to regulate the amount of THC in the product sold!"

well the cost price of growing Cannabis per gram is actually something like 0.50€ and I am talking indoor grow opp not outdoor, the growers are actually doing about 9€/gram profit.

The reason why the black market will still thrive is because of the price of the product being still high, 10-15-20$ for a gram of weed is really taking the piss...

so let's imagine now the gram of weed would be sold like 5$, still making a margin.

The fact that they may want to regulate the amount of THC in the product sold is a big mistake and will keep the black market working on the side... how can you ask to sell only Corona in the market when you have all these more potent and tastier drinks out there... You will then create a black market, it's logic.

Legalise it makes it more available to kids, really!? Kids have access to it whether you like it or not, this is down to education more then prohibition... When I was 10, I never even thought of drinking a beer or any alcohol, I thought it was disgusting, nevermind smoking!! why would you think that smoking pot would be more attractive or tastier when you are 10!? Of course there is kids of 10 year old smoking pot but again this is down to education! Don't leave your kids of 10 unattended... simple.

So this all Legalisation/Prohibition from the Federal Gov is a big game if you want my opinion... yes in what, 26 states it is decriminalised or legalised for Medical purposes but at the Federal level it is still forbidden so International they are still on the same side as they started long back wit Harry Anslinger outlawing Cannabis thourought the World but locally they allow it which mean that at the end even at the Federal level they are beneficiary of the Cannabis Trade from the State level... So it's really ironic and hypocrit.

Now I am not really angry about it, just making an obvservation and I guess if it's really the way it is, we'll we are not ready to see the end of prohibition, anywhere in the near future... That's for the rest of the world ?

That said, it never stopped anyone from smoking, growing or even selling it but it's just a right pain where the sun don't shine.

And the fact that we really have to go down the road of Medically acceptance to be allowed to use a plant that we used for thousands years Prior... it's really funny but so typically human... 

There is no debate whatsoever whether it is a medicinal plant or a recreational plant or should it be authorised or banned... The same people don't ask themselves the same question about Federally controlled substances such as tobacco and alcohol... which are proven to kill a fair amount of the population and instead of outlawing that product known to kill by everyone... we just increase tax on it just to make sure you make the most of it... lol

So many things to say about the subject.

So I don't know what you think but it's a pretty mess and I think it will remain a mess for a long while... If anything should happens towards the end of prohibition, it has to start with the States as they started this mascarade long time back, once they change the rest of the world will follow... So we are all with you and behind you to finally end this big joke!

cheers.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

The end of prohibition is inevitable and the process will definitely be painful as we move into this new space.

I agree with you Croc some of the prices per gramme I have heard about are just crazy, we need realistic prices like when I was a youth in the late 70's paying £8 for a quarter of Moroccan, the cheapest I paid for a quarter of Moroccan was £6.25 which was definitely affordable and more realistic in relation to production costs.

The idea that the amount of THC etc can be regulated demonstrates how ignorant these Babylonians are to suggest this bullshit, this is because they believe the propaganda about super strong skunk, that the weed available is super strong compared with the 70's, this is bullshit, I have not smoked any commercially grown weed recently that was stronger than any of the charas or temple ball I smoked back in the late 70's and early 80's aint no maybe!

As people who say that legalisation will lead to greater use amongst kids need to open their eyes, kids today already have access to herb, because the people selling it don't give a shit who they sell to, when I got into herb it was different you had to be introduced this would only happen if you were trustworthy and discreet, they were different times.

The problem for Babylon is that they have a long way to climb down, after telling lies to the public that herb had no medicinal value and it was the scourge of humanity, it aint going to be easy, plus there are a lot of people with vested interests who want to protect revenue streams this includes industry and the black market dealers.

In the UK Sativex can be prescribed by doctors, yet the UK government still says officially that Cannabis has no medicinal value, no many Dr's are prescribing it because it is so expensive, despite the government providing GW Pharmaceuticals with a license to grow and research Cannabis for medicinal use they did not license them to create a medicinal product they could take to market, their license was updated in 2015 to include creating a product and taking it to market.

At least now that the medicinal use of Cannabis is legal in so many states in the US and many countries and following and allowing medicinal use it is only a matter of time before it happens everywhere, but it will be a painful and slow process, Babylon knows their dumb arsed war on drugs cannot be won, they have lost every battle and many who worked in law enforcement etc have now realised prohibition causes more problems than it solves and they are campaigning for legalisation.

Gasmeter

Likkle more

• Like 1