Snapped stems, supercropping

Bennyblanko

Welcome to the forum,

I also use this technique in my indoor, especially when sativas highly branched, excellent results. Never use when flowering is advanced only when the plant is growing, or when they have only been a few weeks since the beginning of flowering.

I pull the stem with your fingers until I see that can be bent, folded and just leave the plant does the rest. It's simple really.

Beware tough stems, careful not to break, crush and fold only.

Regards!

Benny,

Number ONE.  If you are not an electrician, please do not attempt to re-wire anything in the fuse-box or in the walls of your home.  One must know what one is doing or else you risk losing your home, your posessions, your life and the lives of others who live in your building.

NEVER replace a fuse with a greater-rated fuse without having replaced the wires in the wall with thicker wires or having your wiring evaluated and that fuse-replacement approved by a qualified electrician.    To do so anyway is one of the most common causes of house-fires.

The fuses blow because the combination of current required from all your lamps, fans, pumps and control-circuits (and the other normal houshold items on that same circuit, lights, TV, clocks, heaters, etc.) exceeds the maximum current allowed by the fuse.  The fuse is there to protect the wiring in the walls.  DO NOT simply increase the fuse-rating, as that will allow the Current to exceed the capacity of the wires in the wall, resulting in the wires in the wall overheating.  That could lead to a house-fire. 

First of all, if you have other household items like TV, heaters, etc. on that same fuse-circuit, consider plugging them into outlets in different rooms that are powered through a different fuse.

If that doesn't work, then you will need to put some of those lamps on a different circuit (different fuse).  If you have another fuse that is not blowing, find-out which room or other outlets that fuse feeds, then buy a good quality extension cord and use that other outlet to power some of the lamps or pumps.

Other than that, you will need to hire an electrician to replace the wires in the walls with thicker wires in order to use greater-rated fuses.  And that will be expensive and draw attention to you.  If you are renting, you may also need to secure permission from the landlord.  If you must have the box or your walls rewired, obviously you will need to shut-down the grow and pack everything away before the strangers come to evaluate and perform the changes.  A further problem with that is, that you will need somehow to explain WHY you need to have greater current available to you.  That will also draw attention to you.

You can determine the Current that will be required from each electrical device (single-phase), here is the main formula:

P = I x E      

That is,  Power(P) = Current(I) x Voltage(E)         

Power is expressed in Watts(W).  Current is expressed in Amps(A).  Voltage is expressed in Volts(V).

So, it can also be written:  W = A x V         

When Power(Watts) and Voltage(V) are known, the Current(I or Amps) can be calculated if we rewrite the foumula:    

I = P/E     or similarly, A = W/V

Each device should have a label that states its Power-rating, (example:  a lamp is labeled as 400-Watts).  Your Voltage at the outlet is probably 230-Volts.  So, let's plug these values into the formula to see how much Current this example-lamp will draw through the fuse:

A = W x V           or            A = 400Watts / 230Volts               or               Amps equals 400 divided by 230

Amps = 1,74

Do that for each item that draws current from the same fuse and you can see that a 15 Amp fuse can be easily exceeded (You may even have only 10 Amp fuses.):

(Two such lamps)1,74A + 1,74A + (maybe 4-fluorescent bulbs, each at 58Watts) 1,00A + (a wall-heater) 5,65A + (an old TV) 1,50A + (pumps, controllers, clocks, cieling lights, on and on, etc.) ~5A = 16,63A.  Too much. 

Of course, only you or a professional that you hire can determine the actual numbers for your situation.  I don't know what fuses you have, and I don't know all the devices that you are running on each fuse-circuit in your home.  So the risk is yours, not mine.  The responsibility is yours, not mine.  The blame is on you, not on me if you do something wrong. 

Not evaluating and pre-planning the configuration of the electrical devices is one of the most common and most devastating mistakes made by beginners, because of the risk of fires.  And performing electrical changes without qualifying training is one of the most common causes of electrocution.

Please be careful, Benny.  And take this seriously.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Cannabissapean said:

Benny,

Número uno. Si usted no es un electricista, por favor, no trate de cambiar el cableado nada en la caja de fusibles o en las paredes de su casa. Hay que saber lo que está haciendo o de lo contrario corren el riesgo de perder su casa, sus posesiones, su vida y las vidas de otras personas que viven en su edificio.

NUNCA reemplace un fusible con un fusible de mayor puntuación sin haber reemplazado los cables en la pared con alambres más gruesos o tener su cableado y evaluó que fusible de repuesto aprobada por un electricista calificado. Para hacerlo de todas formas es una de las causas más comunes de la casa-incendios.

Los fusibles se funden debido a la combinación de corriente requerida de todas sus lámparas, ventiladores, bombas y circuitos de control (y los demás elementos houshold normales en ese mismo circuito, luces, televisores, relojes, calentadores, etc.) es superior a la corriente máxima permitida por el fusible.  el fusible está ahí para proteger el cableado en las paredes.   no basta con aumentar el fusible-calificación, ya que esto permitirá que la corriente exceda la capacidad de los cables en la pared, lo que resulta en los cables en el sobrecalentamiento de la pared. Eso podría conducir a una casa de fuego. 

En primer lugar, si usted tiene otros artículos para el hogar como la televisión, calentadores, etc., en ese mismo fusible de circuito, considere enchufarlos en puntos de venta en diferentes habitaciones que son alimentados a través de un fusible diferente.

Si eso no funciona, entonces usted tendrá que poner algunas de esas lámparas en un circuito diferente (diferente de fusibles). Si usted tiene otro fusible que no está soplando, encontrar qué-habitación o otros puntos de venta que se fusionan los alimentos, y luego comprar un cable de extensión de buena calidad y el uso que otra salida para alimentar algunas de las lámparas o bombas.

Aparte de eso, usted tendrá que contratar a un electricista para reemplazar los cables en las paredes con alambres más gruesos con el fin de utilizar fusibles con calificación mayor. Y eso va a ser costoso y llamar la atención sobre ti. Si usted alquila, también puede ser necesario para obtener el permiso del propietario. Si debe tener la caja o sus paredes rewired, obviamente, tendrá que apagado el cultivo y el paquete de todo lo que fuera antes de que los extranjeros vienen a evaluar y realizar los cambios. Otro problema con esto es, que se necesita alguna manera de explicar por qué es necesario tener una mayor corriente a su disposición. Eso también llamar la atención sobre ti.

Se puede determinar la corriente que será requerida de cada dispositivo eléctrico (monofásico), aquí es la fórmula principal:

P = I x E      

Es decir, la potencia (P) = Corriente (I) x Voltaje (E)         

La potencia se expresa en vatios (W). La corriente se expresa en amperios (A). Tensión se expresa en voltios (V).

Por lo tanto, también se puede escribir: W = A x V         

Cuando se conocen Potencia (W) y el voltaje (V), la corriente (I o amperios) se puede calcular si se reescribe la foumula:    

I = P / E o de manera similar, A = W / V

Cada dispositivo debe tener una etiqueta que indica su potencia de salida, (ejemplo: una lámpara está etiquetado como 400 vatios). Tensión en la salida es, probablemente, de 230 voltios. Por lo tanto, vamos a enchufar estos valores en la fórmula para ver la cantidad actual este ejemplo con lámpara de extraerá a través del fusible:

A = W x V o A = 400Watts / o 230Volts amperios es igual a 400 dividido por 230

= 1,74 amperios

Hacer eso para cada elemento que consume corriente desde el mismo fusible y se puede ver que un fusible de 15 amperios se puede superar con facilidad (Usted puede incluso tener sólo el 10 Amp fusiona.):

(Dos de estas lámparas) 1,74A 1,74A + + (bombillas fluorescentes tal vez de 4, cada uno a 58Watts) 1,00A + (una pared-calefacción) 5,65A + (un viejo televisor) 1,50A + (bombas, controladores, relojes, luces ventilador de techo, y seguir, etc.) ~ 5A = 16,63A. Demasiado. 

Por supuesto, sólo usted o un profesional que contrate puede determinar el número real de su situación. No sé lo que los fusibles que tiene, y no sé todos los dispositivos que se están ejecutando en cada fusible de circuito en su casa. Por lo que el riesgo es suya, no mía. La responsabilidad es suya, no mía. La culpa es de usted, no en mí si haces algo mal. 

No es la evaluación y la planificación previa de la configuración de los dispositivos eléctricos es uno de los errores más comunes y más devastadoras hechas por los principiantes, debido al riesgo de incendios. Y la realización de los cambios eléctricos sin reunir los requisitos de formación es una de las causas más comunes de electrocución.

Por favor tenga cuidado, Benny. Y tomar esto en serio.

Simply, excellent. These are the best tips you can receive.

Regards!

• Like 1

Jose,

I know that my explanation might sound harsh to some, but it is NEVER my intention to insult anyone.  Safety and security are of utmost importance to me as they should be for anyone desiring electrical upgrades.  I only want to be honest with the friend.

With extreme caution and tactful questioning of cannabis-friendly friends, maybe he could find a cannabis-friendly and qualified electrician to perform changes if they are necessary.

• Like 1