Flushing in soil

Nellie

Hello Nellie, well it is recommended to make sure you dont have nutrient acumulation in your soil that would turn into salts if they are not eaten and possibly cause some problem to your plant, First try it like they say to do, and then if you wish to experiment little by little you can adjust things and do more, or less flushes, however you like it ;)  But for a first time it is also wise to listen at somebody like franco advising you ;) 

Dont hesitate to share your journal here as well so the member and team could advise you as well

Have a good grow

Just be sure to allow the rootball to drain very well after the flush and dry reasonably, so that the roots get oxygen aggain; this helps against rootrot.

How many days depends on your soil density and porosity ...              among other things ...                      

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Well,

I flush the plants the last 2 weeks of flowering. I dont flush before. But I recommend to do so before you harvest, because feeding them until the end will affect the smoke.....you would feel it scratching in your throat. Besides when flushing you ensure the plant will use every nutrient left in its transportation system.

I grow my plants more or less by feeling and it works well if you focus on the signs she is showing to you.

During the first 2 weeks of flowering your plants will stretch and still grow a lot, meaning they need "lots" of nitrogen. After that the buds will start to grow and then your plant needs little nitrogen and more potassium and phosphorus for example. Too much nitrogen being in your medium then will cause the plant not to absorb the nutrients she needs now and this will cause problems....It always depends on the strain and how sensible it is, but in general too much nitrogen after week 2 (depends on the strain too) is not good. Therefore flushing after week2 would make sense.....I am changing my feeding little by little, according to the plant......When switching to flowering I still give biobizz grow (like that product) and start to increase "bloom" little by little while decreasing the ammount of "grow". If I recognise I made something wrong, then I flush, but if the plant looks fine, then I leave it as it is.

Hope it is understandable