Two Unknowns in my Room

Cropsicle

I currently have 2 plants in my room that I don't know the strain. I have a suspicion it is either White Widow, or maybe a Kush variety. They came out of various bag seeds that I had but were all lumped together. Maybe someone here recognizes some characteristics? Excuse the color correction. I had to manually do it cause I was getting glare off the black/white poly I have covering the tanks.

IMG_0267.JPG

IMG_0268.JPG

IMG_0272.JPG

IMG_0275.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

At the first look ... looks like a stocky indica. 

One chance (actually two) between the 10.000 of varieties existing (registered)  until this day, concerning exactly which kind?? Could be, Maple leaf, Black domina, White shark, Bubba... etc. You are the only one who knows what you smoked in those bags, where were the seeds.

Anyway, they look strong and healthy!... (Maybe one male / one female, who knows?).

Definitely some form of Indica.

The tight grouping of the new growth, flat and compact at the top reminds me of the Kaia Kush that I had grown.  But that could be a common charasteristic of most any Kush.  My Kaias produced flat-patterned tops with many of the fan leaves 35 cm across.  a leaf-monster.

some of the kushes when they start flowering start to form some diferent shaped leaves with 3 fingers or things like this it could be a good indicator, but sincerly it could be any indica from the market, White widow included, it would help more to be able to see the final buds and smoke it ;) Much more posibilities of finding a strain or lineage than with photos, because the taste and smell is really potent indicator as well.

Have a good grow with those anyway ;)

Yes this happens with almost every strain when they thrive and are fed properly and older, some of the leaves also make a kind of small bud at the base, but it usually turns out with a small hermie flower haha ;) But the 3 blades show up only at the flipping and then start increasing again, i think they use this trait to recognize some of the OG but i dont remember exactly

• Like 1

Inches?  LOL  I thought that by now, the Canadians had finally left that behind.  LOL

well, they do look like a kush to me, but just like with dogs and cats, without the papers you cannot prove anything except a mutt

Nevertheless, they certainly look like they will be good

Not sure if its an option for you but if you want to know for sure, there are mini chromatography setups that plug right into your phone or tablet. You put in around .2g of material and it vaporizes it, then compares cannabinoid and terpene ratios to a server of pre-tested strains. These setups are a few hundred dollars usually. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, banana.brain said:

Not sure if its an option for you but if you want to know for sure, there are mini chromatography setups that plug right into your phone or tablet. You put in around .2g of material and it vaporizes it, then compares cannabinoid and terpene ratios to a server of pre-tested strains. These setups are a few hundred dollars usually. 

Banana.brain,

I am a Techno-Nut.  You mentioned a portable mini-chromatograph.  For me, that's a 'gotta have' item.  Can you please post a link to the one you know about?

This is an exciting development.  (dangle a carrot like that before my nose without a link, that'll kill me...)

(I think you meant to say it "compares cannabinoid and terpene ratios against a database of pre-tested strains.")

Thanks for the info...

Cannabissapean: Here is a link to a company that makes gear like that, but not sure if it's the one I used. I will check with the person who actually owns the machine and get back to you.

http://www.restek.com/Landing-Pages/Medical-Marijuana

No, I meant to say a 'server' of pre-tested strains, specifically. If your IP address is not from a cannabis-legal state or country, you cannot access the database on the server, as it connects automatically through your mobile device to which it is plugged-in.

• Like 2