Dust

Rest in Smoke Franco Loja

21 posts in this topic

Hello hunters, so here i am to announce this very sad news that some of you must know already, we have lost a hunter but will keep fighting!

Respect my brother 

Franco2B&W.jpg

Franco is an icon and helped change so many peoples lives. He will deeply be missed as a brother, father, son, friend and so much more. 
"Cannabis is my passion, my bread, my home. I feel it is my duty to make sure this amazing plant is preserved and enjoyed. I am a smoker, a grower, a breeder, and a strain hunter. For life."
Franco, the Strain Hunter
May 20th 1974 - January 2nd 2017

17 people like this

Hooo man... So sad... :(
Rest in peace Franco.

Respect.

1 person likes this

Still hard to belive. He helped and inspired so many of us, if there is carma he must  already be smoking with Jah!

Rest in peace, BROTHER!!!

5 people like this

I can't believe this. This is so sad.

1 person likes this

OMFG, just opened my email to see this sad, sad news.

My thoughts go out to his family, friends and the whole GH crew.

RIP Franco.

Toaor

1 person likes this

We all loved him, brother.

His passion was certainly an inspiration for me.

I am so happy to have gotten to know him, even if it was only through the grow session videos and the documentaries and an occasional reply in the forum.

So, now his dream lives on in us.

I am proud to be a Strain Hunter...

Let's carry on his work...

And thank you, Dust.  Your comment confirmed what I had hoped for, that we will fight on.  It would be a shame to not carry on what he had started.  I want to do my part.

My thoughts are also with his family and friends.  And he has lots of friends. 

Our hearts are heavy with grief, but time will heal.

4 people like this

Very very sad was a very likable guy really inspiring and i got to chat with him a few times through the forum. Terrible loss for the movement, all that were close to him and the many others lives that he imprinted upon. Sleep well Franco RIP

2 people like this

It's a sad loss for all Francos family, including the ghs and strain hunter family too. I only knew of Franco from growhdtv and strainhunters videos but I feel like I've lost something too. I've never before seen somebody show such character and emotion at the sight of a plant. The weed world will miss him for sure.  I just planted some seeds this crops for Franco 

RIP BUDDY

1 person likes this

Franco my friend, that make10 years now you give me the chance too participate at the famous HTCC ! You are son frendly, energic and  in love with THE plant. You give me your passion and your knowledge. I remember the last day I see you in jamaica at the cup in 2015. Thanks for all you make for this comunauty. Stay strong Arjan, Heiko, Dust, all GHcrew, family and friends.  As Franco say "Peace, love and thc"! I drop a seeds in your memories !

1 person likes this

My honest and deepest condolences to Franco's family & close friends, the GHSC staff and all who knew him personally.

So sad he had to leave so young, leaving his family behind, which breaks my heart.

R.I.P. Franco

Fim

Lars

1 person likes this

Very sad news

Condolences to Francos family and friends as well as the Green House team.

Gasmeter

Likkle more

1 person likes this

I, too, have dropped a seed in memorium of Franco.

I'm sure that Franco was actively planning a number of strain-breeding projects, but one in particular, of which he may have been especially proud, was the SLEX (SuperLemonHaze x ExodusCheese).  At least he seemed very excited about it when he was interviewed recently by Zamnesia Magazine.  The testers here in StrainHunters have been very happy with SLEX.  The initial SLEX grows have already been harvested, and the smoke-reports are now being posted with positive opinions.

I will be ordering the SLEX for sure, as soon as it becomes available for sale.

By the way, if you don't know already, there is a Condolences Board opened if you wish to leave a message of condolence for Franco's family and friends, or a farewell message for Franco.  On the page showing various pictures of Franco and displaying his life's philosophy, before you click on the link to the actual Condolences Board, first simply scroll down below Franco's pictures, and then you can read Arjan's special message to Franco and to us, Franco's friends, the StrainHunters.

Here is the link to the Condolences Board:

http://www.greenhouseseeds.nl/franco/

Thank you , too, Arjan for the reassurance that Franco's legacy will continue.  Hang in there, buddy.  We're with you.

6 people like this

RIP Franco. So sad hope his family will be ok.

1 person likes this

On the 3rd will having a smoke , Franco came to mind. I google him to learn a bit more of the man himself  to find out awful news.

R I P main man , I loved your attitude, skills and love for the plant, forever a teacher.

I dropped a seed for you to.

2 people like this

... Nothing will be the same without Franco. Your passion has been planted, and will continue to grow !

R.I.Smoke

1 person likes this

Hi Hunters

Hoping someone can translate for us would love to know exactly what is sung here

PEACE BROS

RIP franco #fullgas

Still can't believe this! 

Haven't bin active in ages and come online and see this such sad news! 

He was good man! 

Lotta love for that dude! 

I remember when he gave some Panama Haze when i first arrived in Amsterdam one of the finest smokes i had the whole trip!

always had kind words and full of wisdom and inspiration could talk about strains for days! 

The community lost a good man! 

May his work continue with others and his knowledge he passed to us is passed to many others! 

Much love hunters and keep hunting and fighting the good fight! 

Peace

1 person likes this

Potent,

"others" includes you.

His legacy lives on in you and me and all the others who keep hunting and spreading the seed and spreading the word about Cannabis.