White Widow Auto Not Flowering . HELP

No_comment

ww autos from greenhouse seeds bought 1st hand . They basically are not flowering and we are 9 weeks in . their light cycle was on 20/4 but now i have dropped it to 12/12 to see if i can force it into flower . any tips . I feel miss advertised i should be harvesting about now instead of having to force this plant to flower 

Hello sorry to read about the flowering lateness! It does happens sometimes on 1 seed out of a packet but it shouldnt happen to more than 1, how many plant do you have growing? And you did right by lowering the light cycle to force it, you could also have used a few dark days to trigger the flowering and come back to 12/12 to make sure the plants start flowering and stop stretching a bit.

All the best for the flowering, try to send a message on the customer board on ghs website, they might be able to do something for you.

Grtz

• Like 1

Hey No_Comment,

I agree with what Dust wrote above.  Yes, contact GHS support.

But one more thing to look at closely, what are your nutrients?  Have you also switched over to nutrients (P & K) that are appropriate for encouraging (or allowing) flowering?  The reason I ask, if you are still feeding nutrients for vegetative phase (N) and they contain virtually no P & K or too little P & K, then the plant might not have enough of the right nutrients with which to begin making flowers. 

Also, if you haven't flushed, then the soil (if you are in soil) may contain an overabundance of N or of undesired salts that could be preventing the plant to begin flowering.  Maybe you need to flush the soil to wash away the salts and/or N, then allow it to dry out for a week or so, then resume feeding with nutes for blooming.

• Like 2

Ive currently been flushing them for the past week . one of them look like it has a N deficiency . do u think a full dark day would force them to flower ? 

6 hours ago, Dust said:

Hello sorry to read about the flowering lateness! It does happens sometimes on 1 seed out of a packet but it shouldnt happen to more than 1, how many plant do you have growing? And you did right by lowering the light cycle to force it, you could also have used a few dark days to trigger the flowering and come back to 12/12 to make sure the plants start flowering and stop stretching a bit.

All the best for the flowering, try to send a message on the customer board on ghs website, they might be able to do something for you.

Grtz

1 hour ago, Cannabissapean said:

Hey No_Comment,

I agree with what Dust wrote above.  Yes, contact GHS support.

But one more thing to look at closely, what are your nutrients?  Have you also switched over to nutrients (P & K) that are appropriate for encouraging (or allowing) flowering?  The reason I ask, if you are still feeding nutrients for vegetative phase (N) and they contain virtually no P & K or too little P & K, then the plant might not have enough of the right nutrients with which to begin making flowers. 

Also, if you haven't flushed, then the soil (if you are in soil) may contain an overabundance of N or of undesired salts that could be preventing the plant to begin flowering.  Maybe you need to flush the soil to wash away the salts and/or N, then allow it to dry out for a week or so, then resume feeding with nutes for blooming.

Ive currently been flushing them for the past week . one of them look like it has a N deficiency . do u think a full dark day would force them to flower ? 

Yes.

When I use light-deprivation to force flowering, I do it for 36 to 48 hours, then 12/12.  Then be patient, it takes a week or two before you will notice the difference, but you should get your pre-flowers.

Also check for light leaks.  (I know you wished that they acted as autoflowering, but if there was a mix-up or if the genetic auto-characteristics of this batch was just very weak, then it would be a shame to lose this productivity. Treat them as if they were photoperiod plants and you should get your flowers.)  Light leaks during the dark period could cause a delay, or worse, cause them to hermy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cannabissapean said:

Yes.

When I use light-deprivation to force flowering, I do it for 36 to 48 hours, then 12/12.  Then be patient, it takes a week or two before you will notice the difference, but you should get your pre-flowers.

Also check for light leaks.  (I know you wished that they acted as autoflowering, but if there was a mix-up or if the genetic auto-characteristics of this batch was just very weak, then it would be a shame to lose this productivity. Treat them as if they were photoperiod plants and you should get your flowers.)  Light leaks during the dark period could cause a delay, or worse, cause them to hermy.

Okay thankyou for your help ill keep you updated and see if i can force them to flower