Weeks Before Seed

LeoGetz

Planted 20 seeds from various strains into 2 sq. meters of yellow sandy loam, shovel mixed with few buckets of aged sheep manure and decomposed wood. 50% germination rate directly into the permanent growing medium. Males were not pulled out and the remaining females  grew from 40 to 80 cm in height, because  I relied mostly on rain as a water source and the other  wild weeds originating in the medium was allowed to  grow around. The yield was 500 selected seeds and 200 gr of dry buds, not entirely pollinated because they were harvested before full volume of flower was reached.

seed2.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dust said:

Sounds like you had a nice orgy there :rabbi::rabbi:;) 

You are going to make selection from those seeds now or just throw them randomly? 

Have a good smoke

I got admitted to studies program abroad so I neglected the plants. Funny thing, in this entire pile there are only two seeds that are much  bigger and significantly darker, with specific pattern of stripes. All the rest are exactly the same looking seeds in different maturity stages. The males were from the same strain as the biggest most productive female there. It has forest green leafs with longer orange buds, very productive. I have put 30 seeds in the pot to germinate for a trial. The rest are divided into 100 seed piles for the next seasons and some of them, smaller and greener would be discarded. There's a lot of work to be done bringing the quality medium into the bed and expanding it, but anyways not even legal to donate it. 

• 1 month later...

WEEK ONE

The cardboard from the top of the raised bed is lifted up and  medium is mixed with one bag of straw, some wood ashes and worm castings. After placing the seeds in and watering the soil I tightened up the entire structure with some rope and sticks and covered with nylon to make a greenhouse. Its extremely warm under it during the day and it should provide protection from low temperature during the night on the mountain.

bed2.jpg

17353224_262603650857095_6970098423478868691_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

WEEK TWO (from seed)

I watered them a bit and  added some compost around them. Decided to leave the plastic on. Anything below 10 degrees Celsius may permanently slow their growth and make them a midget plants. I am aware  it is risky but its only for two more weeks until temperatures go higher. They look happy and juicy.

On 3/28/2017 at 11:48 PM, Cannabissapean said:

^Be careful of hunters in your area.  They might be curious about that crazy-looking plastic thing in their hunting fields.

I made small windows on the plastic on each side so they get some air circulation.

all2.jpg

single.jpg

single5.jpg

single34.jpg

window2.jpg

And if that is deer country, next trip up, take a bunch of dog-doo (from your yard or a friend's yard, the more the better) and dog-hair from your neighborhood poodle-parlor to spread around the perimeter of your patch to ward-off the deer.

Deer love cannabis, and if they find your patch, your plants won't stand a chance.

That doesn't seem like slug-country to me, so slugs might not be a problem.  But if they are there, they too can wipe-out your plants overnight.  Slug-pellets.

The holes in the plastic was a good idea.

Edit:  Oh heck, I see now that I already posted two months ago similar comments to these above in another topic that seems to be the pre-cursor to this Outdoor Grow Journal.

Memory lapse.  Sorry...

• Like 1

Theres gona be storms and hard rains all the way till the end of April, as well as  temperatures  close to zero at some points (weather forecast for this region). I am going to have to leave the nylon for a bit longer, but once I uncover it I am going to build a fence from branches which am pilling up around already. I also got some NPK 10-40-10 rooting starter, 20-20-20 universal crystal fertilizer for later,  Epsom salt and 50 meters of 6 mm thick hose for gravity fed drip irrigation from the spring nearby.

WEEK FOUR (day 26.)

12 days ago the surface was dry but there was plenty of moist in the soil, so I gave them a splash 1 liter each. Now the soil is completely dry and cracks started to appear but the plants are doing good. I added sheep compost around each plant. It is crunchy and easily broken with hands into a fine powder, has a bit higher nitrogen level then ordinary compost so it will give them a boost. Then I watered them fully, adding 20 g of Epsom salt to 80 liters of water. Misted with nescafe (also energy booster) and soap against bugs. Still not giving them N-P-K rooter and the greenhouse remains. I soaked some fresh juicy nettle in 5 liter bottle and added a table spoon of sugar to trigger fermentation, so the syrup can be used in 3 weeks. I found some areas with sphagnum moss, which I am planing to harvest, then dry up   and add to the medium. 

dry3.jpg

group wet1.jpg

solo1.jpg

solo2.jpg

solo3.jpg

moss2.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WEEK 6.

Additional layers of medium: sheep manure, pine needle compost, decomposed wood chips and bark, 200 gr of used coffee grounds, 100 gr gypsum, 100 gr zeolite, 50 gr egg shells.

NPK 10-40-10  5 gr per plant, 0.5L of fish emulsion, 0.5L milk lactobacillus serum, 0.5L dandelion juice, 0.5L nettle juice, 200 gr ground bean sprouts, 5 gr yeast ( all this on 100L of water) 

1 kg of tobacco leftovers on the edges of the bed, foliar garlic spray.

Cut of dummy leafs and the ones above them.

Hay straw mulch cover.

Left around half bale of sphagnum moss to dry so it can be added to the medium in 2 weeks.

front.jpg

koso.jpg

bok.jpg

solo1.jpg

solo2.jpg

solo3.jpg

spag.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...