I'm Sal

COMPLETED - LED Grow with GHSC seed test cuttings (5 x WW x Cheese) + 2 x CBD Crew Girl Scout Cookies

66 posts in this topic

Thanks @atanasius, just hope it continues as well as it appears to be going now.

Just a quick picture update while watering.

They are coming on well and tomorrow they will be flipped to 12/12.

As always, comments, questions and advice are very welcome so please join in.

8A 11th March.JPG

8B.JPG

8C.JPG

8D.JPG

8E.JPG

8F.JPG

8G.JPG

4 people like this

Since these (hopefully) girls, unless the CBD Crew GSC Fems let me down, are getting flipped to 12/12 tomorrow I have decided on which lights to use.

Mostly, except for a few days during tent change, they have been under my 2 x ViparSpectra Reflector Series 450w giving approx 190 TRUE watts per unit so approx 380 REAL watts in total.

For flower, I will be taking 1 of the ViparSpectra 450's out and replacing it with the GoGrow (formerly Virgin Borneo) V1 Master Grower LED to add the "red"

This unit draws about 200 REAL watts so the combined REAL wattage is nearly the same about 390 REAL watts. I used my BossLED 1000watt last grow and it worked out well so lets hope for a reasonable result with this GoGrow V1 Master Grower which has fantastic reviews and results in the USA.

The 1 x ViparSpectra 450watt and the, new entrant, GoGrow V1 Master Grower could make a perfect balance. Lets see yeah!!

I also have the option to add the BossLED 1000watt if needed but I have never had more than 2 LED's in there at a time but lets see as this unit worked well in my opinion on my previous grow simply due to its massive "red". This unit pulls approx 175 REAL watts but it works well. I am not ruling out having 3 units in the flower tent which would pull approx 575 REAL watts. Lets see what happens.

The other ViparSpectra 450watt will be on other duties on the new "veg" tent (those "veg" & "bloom" switches maybe useful here) as I am keen to get some form of perpetual grow started. I do not want to grow all year, its too much effort and inventory, I want to stop growing for the coldest 4 months of the year (say November to February) and in the meantime get 4 jarred up servings of the finest homemade personal smoke to last the year.

I do not smoke huge amounts, but can binge at times, so 4 grows will keep me self sufficient without a doubt.

Timing and training is the key for perpetual grows in limited spaces. My thinking is, 4 weeks from seed, with training, in "veg" tent and 2 weeks in "flower" tent still,vegging , with 2x at least the REAL LED wattage, to feel out/train the extra space then flipped to 12/12. Strains that take 8 weeks always take 9 weeks at least so that leaves 3 weeks at most to plan your next seeded "veg" tent and so on and so forth.

I also think that timing of REAL flowering weeks should be from the start of actually seeing the start of buds being formed and not when you flipped them to 12/12.

Anyway, all seems to be well here and will update next week.

Go Grow V1.jpg

Go Grow Spec.jpg

Go Grow uMOL.jpg

LED Layout 1.jpg

1 person likes this

Just a quick picture update and just 3 days on and they are filling up the SCROG net well.

This last picture is a good one. Did a touch of supercropping a few days ago and this is the main head of 1 of the Girl Scout Cookies. I gently squeezed and turned slightly and it just suddenly "popped". The main stem had 4 deep cuts going downwards a fair way on all sides of the main stem. Rather than patch it up and messing around, I just expected the main head would probably just slowly die. 

Not at all, now it is growing like no tomorrow on 4 kind of stem stilts that is has formed and it is really solid and certainly not slowed growth.

Looks like it has had a bit of scaffolding done and they have done a good job.

The SCROG net is getting filled up well but it will not be completely full, the 2 back corners are hard to get at, and I'll be happy with most of it filled which is nearly there now.

Seems to be going well don't you think?

9A 14th March.JPG

IMG_6676.JPG

IMG_6678.JPG

W2.JPG

W4.JPG

W6.JPG

w1.JPG

W5.JPG

3 people like this

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

jajajaja so beautiful

1 person likes this

This is the latest pictures from this morning.

5 days of 12/12.

All going well but might up the feed from 1/4 to 1/2 strength OR cut out the plain water every 3rd watering. I don't know yet but I am sure the net will be mostly full.

There is a lot of stretch from the 2 x Girl Scout Cookies but the arms are that solid they will not be tucked under the net so have done a little supercropping.

What do you all think....honestly?

10A 18th March.JPG

A1.JPG

A2 (1).JPG

A3.JPG

A5.JPG

A6.JPG

2 people like this

First full week of 12/12 and seems to be going well.

Both the CBD Crew Girl Scout Cookies are certain girls so that's very good news, even though they are feminized I did doubt one of them.

The SCROG net has filled up fairly good and there is not many gaps.

All the Green House Seed Company White Widow x Cheese are uniform but one of the Girl Scout Cookies (the one in the very centre) has shot off and its far to strong to be bending even though I have broke badly its main stem twice and its recovered stronger than ever.

They can stay as they are now, think most of the stretch is over and even if not it will be only another week.

Have started more serious defoliating, and when using SCROG you can never seem to take enough off. I "picked" regularly at them throughout veg to clean them up and must have taken 5 full shoe boxes of stems that won't make it, weird growth and countless leafs off but still there seems to be too many. 

Looking at them I have a 1.2mtr x 1.2mtr bush!!!

I think its going well, what do you experts think?

11A 21st March.JPG

IMG_6703.JPG

IMG_6704.JPG

IMG_6705.JPG

IMG_6707.JPG

IMG_6712.JPG

IMG_6714.JPG

IMG_6715.JPG

IMG_6716.JPG

3 people like this

Nice jungle going on around here ;) they seem to be liking the led treatment a lot so far and i hope the flowering will do as good,  nice controled canopy so it should be fun when its full of flowers :)

Have a good grow!

1 person likes this

Just a quick update.

11th day of 12/12 and  budsites are certainly showing now. Gatherings of pistils are clear to see so, for me, flowering has officially started within the last couple of days or so. Took a few pictures whilst checking if they needed a watering.

They can wait until next week for a watering. Sticking to the watering schedule, their next watering is with nutrients and I have decided to up them from 1/4 strength to 1/2 strength making 1/2 strength Growth Technology GreenFuse Bloom only (0.5ml per ltr), Growth Technology Ionic Soil Bloom only (3.5ml per ltr) and Growth Technology Ionic CAL-MAG Pro (0.5ml per ltr) and Nectar of the Gods Herculean Harvest (1.25ml per ltr). Seeing very slight nutrient burn on the tips of one of the GHSC Cheese x White Widow so that plant can stay at 1/4 strength for now until it is ready to take more.

As for the "water" only every 3rd watering , that can stay and the additional Ionic PK Boost and Molasses that will be introduced in the next few weeks can be added to each of their 2 "nuterient" watering remembering that Ionic PK Boost is only a weekly dosage.

I do not even try to move them anymore around the SCROG as they are well formed and the days of tucking and weaving are gone. Most of the SCROG is full and all I have been doing is exposing the budsites by defoliation, I tend not to chop full leafs if high up in the canopy, I would rather cut a few "blades" off the leaf to expose the budsite below so you may see a lot of "half" leafs in the pictures.

I am happy with how it looks so far and how things have been going. Hopefully in 8 weeks time there will be a tent full of decent sized colas.

What do you think?

12A 25th March.JPG

12B 25th March.JPG

A1.JPG

A2.JPG

A3.JPG

A4.JPG

A6.JPG

A7.JPG

A8.JPG

IMG_6722.JPG

3 people like this

Just a quick update a week onward so now 18 days of 12/12 are they appear to be doing fine.

Drinking slowly (2.5ltrs every 4 days at best) but getting it down and showing no signs of anything to worry about.

Feeding 1/2 strength now and the watering schedule is always a rotation which includes just plain water after every 2 nutrient rich waterings. I suppose you could call it a mini flush!

Anyway, pictures and the most part of the 12/12 stretch seems to be over but one of the 2 CBD Crew Girl Scout Cookies rises above all the others right in the center as you will see. She is strong and to be fair they all seem to have very good potential to finish with decent colas.

The 5 x GHSC Cheese x White Widow are obvious to see and had many many budsites........very nice looking colas to be made here.

Opinions and comments would be great.

Cheers!!

13A 2nd April.JPG

A1.JPG

A2.JPG

A3.JPG

A4.JPG

IMG_6753.JPG

IMG_6758.JPG

IMG_6759.JPG

IMG_6760.JPG

IMG_6763.JPG

IMG_6764.JPG

IMG_6765.JPG

IMG_6767.JPG

IMG_6768.JPG

4 people like this

Really great job sal! Really want to see.this in late.bloom. good luck man!

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Kenny Kirkland said:

Really great job sal! Really want to see.this in late.bloom. good luck man!

So do I @Kenny Kirkland!

By the way they are going I could end up with a tent full of nice colas so lets hope its plain sailing without any issues.

In 5 to 6 weeks we will know the outcome.

1 person likes this

I think the 12/12 stretch is over and this is when the SCROG net becomes a problem.

I need access to the plants further back and although there is full access to 3 sides of the tent (BudBox XL Series), I only have access to the "door side" due to very limited space restrictions to the sides.

I will leave it a few more days to see if the stretch is really over then I will be removing/cutting the SCROG net so I have full access to all plants. These plants at the back have a lot of dead leafs (hate untidy tents). I want to keep a close eye on them from now on since they are budding well and also I plan to give them mini flushes 2 or 3 times until harvest as GHSC suggest in their grow dairies. I did this in my last grow and it appeared to create no problems and it is good to flush the soil mid flower and start again with the nutrients providing a fresh "kick".

The plan is to cut the SCROG out but cut around each plant so each plant is still contained within its original SCROG but at least I can move the plants around. The SCROG has been on about 5 weeks and I did the the same with my last grow. SCROG is good but only for a limited time which is approx 2 weeks whilst still in veg  before 12/12 and until 3 weeks after 12/12 flip, after this time they have served their purpose and are a problem.

I'll keep you updated.

Thumbs up.

1 person likes this

24 days of 12/12 and as predicted, I've done away with the SCROG net, stretch is over and its purpose has been served although each plant is still within its own original SCROG net. I simply cut round the plants.

Now I have compete access to all plants. I've had a little move around and also a clear out of the mounting pile of spent/used leafs which were at the back. Now I can get close up to all my plants, hehe......

Glad I cut the SCROG, far more leafs than I could ever imagine and loads of undergrowth needed taking away so think I might of get away with it still in early flower as I did take a lot of what will not make it.

Anyways, they have also had just water too, no nutrients this time round with a good 2ltr run off. Can leave them now to get used to their new positions until they next need watering and I decide to have a move around.

Still under the ViparSpectra 450w and the Go Grow V1 Master Growing which is giving me approx 375 REAL LED watts.

I think they seem to be going well for 24 days of 12/12.

Here are a few more pictures from tonight after the "operation"

Opinion, comments, advice is very much welcome please.

A1.JPG

IMG_6874.JPG

IMG_6876.JPG

IMG_6878.JPG

IMG_6879.JPG

1 person likes this

As detailed in my previous posts I removed the SCROG so I can move all plants now as the SCROG has served it purpose.

I left the plants in position I did not really like so I have had a move around and also I final defoliation.

I think you will see the difference.

Before pictures and the first two and the after pictures are the next two.

IMG_6922.JPG

IMG_6921.JPG

IMG_6924.JPG

IMG_6923.JPG

2 people like this

Keeping with the same watering schedule (nutrients - nutrients - water only), they are well due a watering tonight. Felt them before lights out this morning and their pots are very light and the soil is like desert sand!!

I do like to let them dry right out thought because I know they have to work hard to get every bit of goodness from their medium the also then they have to use their stored nutrients.

Last watering was just plenty of water only as I like to do this several mini flushes throughout flower and get many ltrs of run off.

Tonight's watering (approx 2.5 to 3ltrs each) will include nutrients and the mix will be as follows (per litre) which is 1/2 strength:

3.5ml Ionic Soil Bloom (Growth Technology)

0.5ml Ionic PK Boost (Growth Technology)

0.5ml Ionic CAL-MAG (Growth Technology)

1.25ml Herculean Harvest (Nectar for the Gods).

They all are exactly 4 weeks (28 days/nights) since the flip to 12/12 today and I will get some pictures up later whilst watering my main "flowering" plants.

I also have started on my next grow in my separate "veg" tent which is all dialed in to my main "flower" tent. Everything is working very well with very nice negative pressure on both tents. The "veg" tent extracts into my main "flowering" tent and its active intake splits off my main active intakes which also supply my "flowering" tent. I must say, it all works very well and I am very surprised and proud that everything seems to be plain sailing and dialed in perfectly.

Anyways, I'll get some pictures up later of my "flowering" tent which is getting nice a frosty.

As promised, latest pictures after their recent watering.

These are at 28 days exactly tonight from flip to 12/12, so 4 week tonight, and they seem to look alright to me.

Slight nutrient burn on the tips of one plant only so even though it had water last time it had water again tonight. It's fine though and if I was picky that would be my only concern.

The 5 x GHSC White Widow  x Cheese are all at the front with the 2 x CBD Crew Girl Scout Cookies in each of the back corners. You will seem that these 2 stand what seemingly appears to be a lot taller than the rest but when you get to canopy level they are not so much taller. The canopy is fairly even really considering the SCROG has been removed and the stretch is over.

Anyway, here are the latest pictures to see what you think.

IMG_6958.JPG

IMG_6959.JPG

IMG_6961.JPG

IMG_6963.JPG

IMG_6965.JPG

IMG_6966.JPG

IMG_6967.JPG

4 people like this

Sal, great job.

Your results are proof that the drying-out between feedings is important.  The roots need that oxygen from time to time.

Thanks @Cannabissapean, your comments are much appreciated.

I have always been a big believer of giving them a real good soak then leave the soil to become desert dry. The medium is absolutely solid when I water and the pots are very light as if there is nothing in them.

The only issue, when the soil is so dry, is getting the first 1ltr or so absorbed into the soil. It is a slow process, as the water just sits on top of the soil for a while, but once the first litre or so is in the additional litres absorb easy. I do get plenty of run off but most is sucked back up.

I just feel that watering this way makes the plants work harder and appreciate their nutrients whilst providing much needed oxygen to the roots.

I also like mid-flower flushes, to clean the soil and start from fresh with the nutrients so they get a real kick. I have already done 2 mid-flower flushes on this current grow and I think I might just fit another one in before the 6 week mark. I expect these to go 8 to 9 weeks so I will maybe able to get another mid-flower flush in and a couple of good nutrient watering in before I start to flush properly approx 10 days before chop.

These flowering plants which I have going here look well and to be fair they are a lot better in the flesh. I have fed mainly 1/4 strength nutrients but now they are up to 1/2 strength as I really do think "less is more" when providing nutrients to this particular plant.

Just started a new grow dairy and these will be the new crew in my flowering tent when this current grow is chopped:

As explained in this new dairy, this will be my final dairy but not my final grow. I am sure you will understand the reason detailed.

The new grow should be a good one with a mixture of GHSC Kalashnikova, Seedsman Jack Herer FAST (new Seedsmans strain crossed with a FAST parent) and Advanced Female Seeds Blue-Berry Twist. Just hope they all sprout!!!

The seeds have been soaked in water and are now currently in soil. I expect the all sprouted within the next few days.

34 days since the flip to 12/12 so just 1 night/day short of 5 weeks flowering.

They seem to be doing fairly well I'd say except same plant which is slightly burnt and pale as mentioned in a previous post. This girl has been on water only for her last two watering and also tonight making it her third watering only. I also think she has a MAG issue therefore when I say water only I have included Ionic CAL-MAG Pro at 1/2 strength. In all her last 3 waterings she has also had a 1/2 strength dose of Ionic PK Boost. 

Really, she seems to be totally uneffected and is growing as well as the rest of them so no real need for panic just yet but cannot seem to pin point the problem because there is anther 4 exact same clones (same plant) not showing anything different.

It was a water only night tonight for all of them actually but that was laced with 1/2 strength Ionic PK Boost for the rest of them not including the slightly burnt girl obviously.

Pictures, I am sure you will be able to see what is what, but if not, the 2 x CBD Crew are the two plants at the back and the rest is the jungle of GHSC Cheese x White Widow.

So lets say they are at 5 weeks, I would expect another 3 weeks at least to make it to an 8 week finish (56 days). I think it is more likely to be a 9 week finish so I think they have a lot of filling out to do.

What do you think......honestly please??

IMG_7043.JPG

IMG_7045.JPG

IMG_7046.JPG

IMG_7047.JPG

IMG_7048.JPG

IMG_7049.JPG

IMG_7050.JPG

IMG_7051.JPG

IMG_7054.JPG

IMG_7055.JPG

IMG_7056.JPG

1 person likes this

Man! That looks amazing, I'm trying to get a result similar to yours. I will try the initial lst to develop the low branches also.

On 4/19/2017 at 0:33 AM, bubureload said:

Man! That looks amazing, I'm trying to get a result similar to yours. I will try the initial lst to develop the low branches also.

Many thanks @bubureload, LST is the best way to get all the heads up to create a level canopy and it can even be done without a SCROG net. Just keep on top of the training and equally importantly constant defoliation then I an sure you will have countless colas.

My supplies from my last grow is fast diminishing so this grow will be a very welcome addition to my low inventory.

Still another 3 weeks to go at least so plenty of time to bulk up. Looking at them in the flesh they look like they could end up fairly nice. They are covered in frost and see the bud structure will develop. These could be fairly bulky and lengthy colas.

Still only using 375 REAL LED watts but thinking of adding another 1 of my LED units for additional "red" but really they do not seem to need it and it might upset the seemingly nice environment I have going on in there now. Lets see in a few days time regarding more LED.

Their next watering will be tomorrow night as they are desert dry when I checked this morning but I simply cannot water them tonight due to other commitments.