New Tropical Grower

sculptari

Buenas Dias from sunny Mexico. Latitude 20 degrees, but altitude 5,000 feet. It doesn't freeze here - ever. Lots of good water too.

Started off growing because the cartel weed here is really crappy. Full of seeds and possibly sprayed with who knows what. There were no "medical" strains at all in Mexico, but there are a lot of people here who need this medicine - plus, did I mention the cartel are a bunch of psychotic murderers. That's who we fear here, not the police so much. Have helped a lot of people, but I found that I had selected almost always indica strains.

Now the outdoor grow season starts for the  landrace tropical sativas. Should be able to get two grows per years, and it is entirely possible that these plants will be perennial into next year. This all new to me stuff. So I ordered some high quality sativa beans. One buy from Ace Seeds was their "Tropical Mix", Feminised, supposed to be five. I was very surprised, and delighted, to get fourteen seeds in the package! But now they are all mixed in the same vial, and there is no way of knowing which strain is which at this stage. I really didn't plan on a grow this big, and if one of them is the fifteen footer, I simply cannot grow them to maturity.

I am guessing at this stage I have to get a few to vegetative stage, take photos, and see if Ace Seeds can identify them. Any other way - seed size, etc.?

Also will be starting a Barney's Acapulco and a Power Plant.

Anyways, nothing too specific, just wanted to check in and begin exploring this board.

Welcome to StrainHunters, sculptari.

It sounds like growing paradise there.  I wish I had such wonderful growing conditions.

I understand what you are saying about the cartels, so be careful.  And as I understand it, there is a fuzzy line separating the police from the cartels there in Mexico, so be careful with the police as well.

If your Sativas seem to grow too tall, you may consider using some special techniques to help keep them low, while also potentially creating more growth tips.  Do some research about "supercropping". (google it)

I shall send you some more info in Messages that may be helpful.