I'm Sal

COMPLETED - LED-Grow with GHSC test cuttings (5 x WW-x-Cheese) & 2 x CBD Crew Girl Scout Cookies

40 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Started this dairy in the GHSC Test Section for the Cheese x White Widows they want growers to try but also, due to very little traffuc in that section, decided to add it here also.

The dairy, in that particular section, is not very old and only started a few weeks ago and the previous posts can be found here:

Updated the dairy today so here is the latest update:

What a difference a week makes and I am certain the pictures will show the clear progress the plants have made in just 7 days.

During the last week all they have had is plain water and a few more LST ties added.

First 2 pictures are from last week

1A.jpg

1B.jpg

The remaining pictures are from today exactly 1 week later.

2B.JPG

2D.JPG

As always, comments and advice are more than welcome.

2A.JPG

2C.JPG

I popped in this morning and all seems to be going very well. They are still under the 2 x ViparSpectra units on 24/0 as the temps are far too cold to introduce a dark period and looking at the forecast, it is going to get colder.

The 2 x ViparSpectra units pull approx 390 REAL watts but when I decide to flip to 12/12 (weather dependent) I will remove 1 of the ViparSpectra units and replace it with the GoGrow Master Grower unit (formerly Virgin Borneo) to introduce more "red" and I might even add the BossLED 1000w for even more "red" but that will be decided upon development of a week or so of 12/12 whenever that may be.

I popped in there this morning because there were due a watering and more LST needed doing. This was planned for this coming weekend but after looking at them last night their growth was so much they could not wait any longer.

Anyway, instead of a picture update this coming weekend I decided to snap a few shots today to show their progress since the last picture update which was just 4/5 days ago. I think you will see the progress in such a short period of time so I have included pictures of the latest to get a better idea of how they have developed over the last 13/14 days.

I have also started feeding the very slightly, currently all 7 are on 1/4 strength Growth Technology GreenFuse Grow (0.25ml per ltr), Growth Technology Ionic Soil Grow (1.6ml per ltr) and Growth Technology Ionic CAL-MAG Pro (0.25ml per ltr). Lets see how they handle this mixture and I will adjust accordingly dependent on each and every plants reaction.

So far, I am happy and things seem to be smooth sailing, long may it continue.

As always, comments and advice are more than welcome so come on guys and girls, get tapping on that keyboard please.

1A.jpg

2A.JPG

3A.JPG

3B.JPG

3C.JPG

3D.JPG

3E.JPG

3F.JPG

3H (1).JPG

3H (2).JPG

1 person likes this

Been meaning to write but every time I get on here the misses is in my ear go do this or that! I keep telling her she needs to get her priorities right??? looking good  and with all that bending you'll definitely have a full canopy how longer veg you intending?

On 2/24/2017 at 3:10 AM, mungbean79 said:

Been meaning to write but every time I get on here the misses is in my ear go do this or that! I keep telling her she needs to get her priorities right??? looking good  and with all that bending you'll definitely have a full canopy how longer veg you intending?

Hi @mungbean79

The 5 x GHSC Cheese x WW clones are about 2 weeks ahead of the 2 x CBD Crew Girl Scout Cookies which were from seed, so I really want the latter 2 to, at least, get somewhere near the same size (branch wise) as the 5 x GHSC clones. The way the 2 x CBD Girl Scout Cookies I am fairly confident they will make up some of that time fairly fast. These 2 plants are really growing fast and are impressive for their age.

As for vegging, I am thinking another 2 to 3 weeks so I get an even canopy with the extreme LST I am doing but this will be needed more on the 5 x GHSC strains.

Regardless, this grow will be the same as my last, were I will continue the extreme LST (with more on the 5 x GHSC clones due to them being older) then on the last week of veg or switch to 12/12 I plan to cover them all (dependant on their development) with a SCROG net so during the 2 or so weeks of 12/12 stretch all the budsites of all 7 plants will fill the SCROG net rising above the net, hopefully 8" to 10" of solid buds.

I really do prefer to grow from seed and this is the first and last time I will do clones. Not that there is anything wrong with them but I just feel from this experience that growing from seed you develop a much stronger plant with equal branches which, I find, are much easier to train because of the uniformity and symmetrical structure from seed.

Currently they are all on just 1/4 strength feeding, unless the plants tell me they need more, but I will be introducing the usual touch of Nectar of the Gods Herculean Harvest soon as I firmly believe this is a top notch nutrient but this will be only added every 3rd feed.

I am feeding very little nutrient strength which I plan to continue throughout this grow as I do believe that less is more and feeding maximum/recommended strengths are just a waste of nutrients and has the potential to create problems.

Also, feed wise I will be trying something different, as they will eventually having 3 waterings a week (late veg and during flower), which will be as follows: 

First watering with both 1/4 strength Growth Technology GreenFuse Grow & Bloom (0.25ml per ltr), both Growth Technology Ionic Soil Grow & Bloom (1.6ml per ltr) and Growth Technology Ionic CAL-MAG Pro (0.25ml per ltr)

Second watering with just plain water, no nutrients at all.

Third watering with 1/4 strength Growth Technology GreenFuse Bloom only (0.25ml per ltr), Growth Technology Ionic Soil Bloom only (1.6ml per ltr) and Growth Technology Ionic CAL-MAG Pro (0.25ml per ltr) and Nectar of the Gods Herculean Harvest (0.75ml per ltr)

Obviously, I will add the usual Growth Technology PK Boost later when in full flower but that will also be minimal and not every feed.

The plants will tell me what they need so even though I have a plan it is highly likely to change.

All in all, I am pleased so far and all 7 plants appear to be thriving. 

The girls needed a watering today and that is all they got, just water to fall in line with my new feeding schedule with these.

Also took a few pictures for you all to see the latest progress.

They seem to be doing very well.

My idea now is to throw the SCROG net over them this coming weekend, they can be tucked under the net for the following week then flipped to 12/12 on the weekend of 11th/12th March and continue poking/tucking/moving, just a little, trying to fill as many SCROG net squares as I can during the 12/12 stretch. That will make a tent full of colas hopefully. Looking at them they have enough budsites already to fill the tent (using a SCROG net) but just going to give it a little time for the 2 x CBD Crew Girl Scout Cookies to catch up

As always, comments and advice are more than welcome.

4A 28th Feb.JPG

IMG_6608.JPG

IMG_6609.JPG

IMG_6611.JPG

IMG_6613.JPG

IMG_6614.JPG

IMG_6617.JPG

IMG_6620.JPG

1 person likes this

Just looking back at the latest 4 photo-shoots over the last 18 days, some decent growth here I think. 

1A 10th Feb.jpg

2A 18th Feb.JPG

3A 23rd Feb.JPG

4A 28th Feb.JPG

1 person likes this

Took a quick peek at them this morning and decided to throw the SCROG net over them. This was planned for this coming weekend but got fed up of adding more LST ties so the SCROG net came into play.

Because of the odd number of plants, 7 in total, I am not entirely happy with the arrangement of the plants, in relation to filling the net/tent, but what I decided on was the best of a few awkward options. Basically, the corners of the tent have no plants and my logic behind this is that most of whatever lighting I decide to put in there will not be hung in the corners of the tent so I am making the most of the more central area.

I also had to take into consideration of the Carbon Filter and Extraction Fan in relation to future lighting point fixtures.

I'll, hopefully get some pictures up soon, you may see the logic in my thinking, and also how much they have come on again.

The formation of the 7 plants is similar to the diagram attached, I think, because I had a good smoke whilst messing around with them.

SCROG Formation.jpg

1 person likes this

Quick update.

As mentioned in a post during the week, the SCROG net was added middle of last week and the tucking and weaving has begun.

They had a watering today with nutrients (minimal strength of Ionic Soil Grow, GreenFuse Grow, Ionic CAL-MAG Pro all by Growth Technology and a touch of Herculean Harvest by Nectar for the Gods) because their last watering was just plain water only as per my new feeding schedule.

They have been on 24/0 most of the time, 18/6 for a week or so and next weekend they will be flipped to 12/12.

All appears to be going well and you can spot the identities of the 2 different strains very easily.

As always, comments and advice are most very welcome.

5A 4th March.JPG

5B.JPG

5C.JPG

5D.JPG

5E.JPG

2 people like this

Quick update of 4 days later.

All going well and all plants producing many heads growing through the SCROG net hoping for an even canopy.

Still only using the 2 x ViparSpectra Reflector 450watts (approx 180 REAL watts each unit so a combined 360 REAL watts in total) but will be swapping out one of the ViparSpectras for something else when I flip them to 12/12 this coming week end. 

Ideally they needed watering again today as the soil is really dry but decided they can rough it and wait until this coming weekend.

As always, comments and advice are more than welcome as it is like speaking to a empty arena here and I question why I take the time to document progress at times.

Anyways, thanks for looking if anything else and will update at the weekend if I find the time.

7A 9th March.JPG

IMG_6645.JPG

IMG_6648.JPG

IMG_6649.JPG

IMG_6652.JPG

2 people like this

I hear you on the empty arena still a useful way for documenting for yourself tho! Looks like the net will be full in not time. When 12/12 you just staying with that one net or are you gonna do a second tier

1 person likes this

Cheers @mungbean79, at least we are singing from the same Hymn sheet regarding the "arena". Sorry but most times it just feels like a waste documenting dairies because after all it takes time and then the added time doing this is a security risk , more so with an outhouse grow. Maybe being a little paranoid but not a lot of people spend much longer than 15 mins max in their cold out houses during this time year. When it a "gardening day", watering, measuring nutrients, defoliation and the disposal of this, LST'ing and/or tucking and weaving, then taking the pictures it takes a lot more than 15mins........more like 1hr 15mins rushing in a confined space trying the be quite and as sleuth as possible.

Sorry for the "rant" but its not as bad as it seems but we cannot get at all complacent. Our mind takes in a lot of things however, initially, unobserved but just "noticed", its our program and regular lengthy visits in view maybe 3 x a week, you ask yourself how is that time taken. You can only build so many shelves, paint bits of wood and have a tidy round now and again but come on.......its regular.

Its my space anyway, I have a heater in there, comfy chair, kettle and  cable TV with worldwide footy/sports and the missus hates it all so in the shed I have to go. It's all if's, but's and might be's. 

(P)Fuck (see what I did there silent "P").....the show must go on. I like my smoke and refuse to waste money of street trash.

As for the plants, they seem to be doing well I think but I know their soil is dusty dry by now, only change is increasing an extra dark hour during the run up to 12/12. They have been 18/6 for say 5 days then 17/7, 16/8, then 15/9 each following day then it will be 12/12...maybe even 13/11 nearer the end, who knows so lets see. Just an experiment with times so far simply because they look strong enough for a little play around.

As for the a "second tier" of netting, no, certainly not. In my opinion SCROG nets are good only after LST'ing from 2 weeks before the flip to 12/12 and about 5 weeks into flower because they become a pain as you simply can't get to the plants as you want. I ended up cutting my last SCROG off after the plants had formed their structure and I could also inspect them (mold?) whilst able to move them about. This SCROG will probably get cut also.

Will try to get some more pictures up within the next few days as I know they need watering really bad.

Just a quick picture update while watering.

They are coming on well and tomorrow they will be flipped to 12/12.

As always, comments, questions and advice are very welcome so please join in.

8C.JPG

8B.JPG

8A 11th March.JPG

8D.JPG

8E.JPG

8F.JPG

8G.JPG

2 people like this

Since these (hopefully) girls, unless the CBD Crew GSC Fems let me down, are getting flipped to 12/12 tomorrow I have decided on which lights to use.

Mostly, except for a few days during tent change, they have been under my 2 x ViparSpectra Reflector Series 450w giving approx 190 TRUE watts per unit so approx 380 REAL watts in total.

For flower, I will be taking 1 of the ViparSpectra 450's out and replacing it with the GoGrow (formerly Virgin Borneo) V1 Master Grower LED to add the "red"

This unit draws about 200 REAL watts so the combined REAL wattage is nearly the same about 390 REAL watts. I used my BossLED 1000watt last grow and it worked out well so lets hope for a reasonable result with this GoGrow V1 Master Grower which has fantastic reviews and results in the USA.

The 1 x ViparSpectra 450watt and the, new entrant, GoGrow V1 Master Grower could make a perfect balance. Lets see yeah!!

I also have the option to add the BossLED 1000watt if needed but I have never had more than 2 LED's in there at a time but lets see as this unit worked well in my opinion on my previous grow simply due to its massive "red". This unit pulls approx 175 REAL watts but it works well. I am not ruling out having 3 units in the flower tent which would pull approx 575 REAL watts. Lets see what happens.

The other ViparSpectra 450watt will be on other duties on the new "veg" tent (those "veg" & "bloom" switches maybe useful here) as I am keen to get some form of perpetual grow started. I do not want to grow all year, its too much effort and inventory, I want to stop growing for the coldest 4 months of the year (say November to February) and in the meantime get 4 jarred up servings of the finest homemade personal smoke to last the year.

I do not smoke huge amounts, but can binge at times, so 4 grows will keep me self sufficient without a doubt.

Timing and training is the key for perpetual grows in limited spaces. My thinking is, 4 weeks from seed, with training, in "veg" tent and 2 weeks in "flower" tent still,vegging , with 2x at least the REAL LED wattage, to feel out/train the extra space then flipped to 12/12. Strains that take 8 weeks always take 9 weeks at least so that leaves 3 weeks at most to plan your next seeded "veg" tent and so on and so forth.

I also think that timing of REAL flowering weeks should be from the start of actually seeing the start of buds being formed and not when you flipped them to 12/12.

Anyway, all seems to be well here and will update next week.

Go Grow V1.jpg

Go Grow Spec.jpg

Go Grow uMOL.jpg

LED Layout 1.jpg

1 person likes this

Just a quick picture update and just 3 days on and they are filling up the SCROG net well.

This last picture is a good one. Did a touch of supercropping a few days ago and this is the main head of 1 of the Girl Scout Cookies. I gently squeezed and turned slightly and it just suddenly "popped". The main stem had 4 deep cuts going downwards a fair way on all sides of the main stem. Rather than patch it up and messing around, I just expected the main head would probably just slowly die. 

Not at all, now it is growing like no tomorrow on 4 kind of stem stilts that is has formed and it is really solid and certainly not slowed growth.

Looks like it has had a bit of scaffolding done and they have done a good job.

The SCROG net is getting filled up well but it will not be completely full, the 2 back corners are hard to get at, and I'll be happy with most of it filled which is nearly there now.

Seems to be going well don't you think?

9A 14th March.JPG

IMG_6676.JPG

IMG_6678.JPG

W2.JPG

W4.JPG

W6.JPG

w1.JPG

W5.JPG

This is the latest pictures from this morning.

5 days of 12/12.

All going well but might up the feed from 1/4 to 1/2 strength OR cut out the plain water every 3rd watering. I don't know yet but I am sure the net will be mostly full.

There is a lot of stretch from the 2 x Girl Scout Cookies but the arms are that solid they will not be tucked under the net so have done a little supercropping.

What do you all think....honestly?

10A 18th March.JPG

A1.JPG

A2 (1).JPG

A3.JPG

A5.JPG

A6.JPG

First full week of 12/12 and seems to be going well.

Both the CBD Crew Girl Scout Cookies are certain girls so that's very good news, even though they are feminized I did doubt one of them.

The SCROG net has filled up fairly good and there is not many gaps.

All the Green House Seed Company White Widow x Cheese are uniform but one of the Girl Scout Cookies (the one in the very centre) has shot off and its far to strong to be bending even though I have broke it main stem badly twice and its recovered stronger than ever.

They can stay as they are now, think most of the stretch is over and even if not it will be only another week.

Have started more serious defoliating, and when using SCROG you can never seem to take enough off. I "picked" regularly at them throughout veg to clean them up and must have taken 5 full shoe boxes of stems that won't make it, weird growth and countless leafs off but still there seems to be too many. 

Looking at them I have a 1.2mtr x 1.2mtr bush!!!

I think its going well, what do you experts think?

11A 21st March.JPG

IMG_6703.JPG

IMG_6704.JPG

IMG_6705.JPG

IMG_6707.JPG

IMG_6712.JPG

IMG_6714.JPG

IMG_6715.JPG

IMG_6716.JPG

Just a quick update.

11th day of 12/12 and  budsites are certainly showing now. Gatherings of pistils are clear to see so, for me, flowering has officially started within the last couple of days or so. Took a few pictures whilst checking if they needed a watering.

They can wait until next week for a watering. Sticking to the watering schedule, their next watering is with nutrients and I have decided to up them from 1/4 strength to 1/2 strength making 1/2 strength Growth Technology GreenFuse Bloom only (0.5ml per ltr), Growth Technology Ionic Soil Bloom only (3.5ml per ltr) and Growth Technology Ionic CAL-MAG Pro (0.5ml per ltr) and Nectar of the Gods Herculean Harvest (1.25ml per ltr). Seeing very slight nutrient burn on the tips of one of the GHSC Cheese x White Widow so that plant can stay at 1/4 strength for now until it is ready to take more.

As for the "water" only every 3rd watering , that can stay and the additional Ionic PK Boost and Molasses that will be introduced in the next few weeks can be added to each of their 2 "nuterient" watering remembering that Ionic PK Boost is only a weekly dosage.

I do not even try to move them anymore around the SCROG as they are well formed and the days of tucking and weaving are gone. Most of the SCROG is full and all I have been doing is exposing the budsites by defoliation, I tend not to chop full leafs if high up in the canopy, I would rather cut a few "blades" off the leaf to expose the budsite below so you may see a lot of "half" leafs in the pictures.

I am happy with how it looks so far and how things have been going. Hopefully in 8 weeks time there will be a tent full of decent sized colas.

What do you think?

12A 25th March.JPG

12B 25th March.JPG

A1.JPG

A2.JPG

A3.JPG

A4.JPG

A6.JPG

A7.JPG

A8.JPG

IMG_6722.JPG

1 person likes this

Thanks @superbluebut like I said in an earlier post, I usually cut the SCROG net 3 weeks or so before harvest to inspect all the plants more closely. By doing this each plant can be moved to wherever but it is still contained in its very own individual SCROG net of which it has grown in to. For a proper final flush I simply remove the plant and place a container under it and run say 2 x the pot capacity.

Currently I obviously have run off when watering but that is collected in their own pot saucers. The run off left is pumped out with a tiny 12v Chinese pump connected to a small clear hose which does a great job of never letting my plants sit in water.

Like I said before, I brutally LST during all veg and only SCROG for approx 2 weeks, still in veg, before flipping to 12/12 and then maybe 4 weeks into 12/12 then the SCROG net becomes a pain. This is when I cut each plant out the net so I can get to them properly. Their structure has been well formed and still each plant is within it very own original SCROG net so you can drag them anywhere you want.

For me, SCROG nets are just an aid to get a packed level canopy and making the most of your light footprint as I use LED units. SCROG nets become a real pain during mid to late flower so that is why I tend to cut the plants out of the whole SRCOG but still leave the plants own individual SCROG net it grew into. 

Hope this helps and answers your question.

Just a quick update a week onward so now 18 days of 12/12 are they appear to be doing fine.

Drinking slowly (2.5ltrs every 4 days at best) but getting it down and showing no signs of anything to worry about.

Feeding 1/2 strength now and the watering schedule is always a rotation which includes just plain water after every 2 nutrient rich waterings. I suppose you could call it a mini flush!

Anyway, pictures and the most part of the 12/12 stretch seems to be over but one of the 2 CBD Crew Girl Scout Cookies rises above all the others right in the center as you will see. She is strong and to be fair they all seem to have very good potential to finish with decent colas.

The 5 x GHSC Cheese x White Widow are obvious to see and had many many budsites........very nice looking colas to be made here.

Opinions and comments would be great.

Cheers!!

13A 2nd April.JPG

A1.JPG

A2.JPG

A3.JPG

A4.JPG

IMG_6753.JPG

IMG_6758.JPG

IMG_6759.JPG

IMG_6760.JPG

IMG_6763.JPG

IMG_6764.JPG

IMG_6765.JPG

IMG_6767.JPG

IMG_6768.JPG

1 person likes this

Thanks @superblueand thanks for the kind comments. This grow does look good so far, just hope the plain sailing continues until harvest.

Your White Lemon looks nice and I actually have a pack of the very same strain from GHSC to test out too.

How many White Lemon did you grow, what was the final harvest and what lighting do you use?

I think the 12/12 stretch is over and this is when the SCROG net becomes a problem.

I need access to the plants further back and although there is full access to 3 sides of the tent (BudBox XL Series), I only have access to the "door side" due to very limited space restrictions to the sides.

I will leave it a few more days to see if the stretch is really over then I will be removing/cutting the SCROG net so I have full access to all plants. These plants at the back have a lot of dead leafs (hate untidy tents). I want to keep a close eye on them from now on since they are budding well and also I plan to give them mini flushes 2 or 3 times until harvest as GHSC suggest in their grow dairies. I did this in my last grow and it appeared to create no problems and it is good to flush the soil mid flower and start again with the nutrients providing a fresh "kick".

The plan is to cut the SCROG out but cut around each plant so each plant is still contained within its original SCROG but at least I can move the plants around. The SCROG has been on about 5 weeks and I did the the same with my last grow. SCROG is good but only for a limited time which is approx 2 weeks whilst still in veg  before 12/12 and until 3 weeks after 12/12 flip, after this time they have served their purpose and are a problem.

I'll keep you updated.

24 days of 12/12 and as predicted, I've done away with the SCROG net, stretch is over and its purpose has been served although each plant is still within its own original SCROG net. I simply cut round the plants.

Now I have compete access to all plants. I've had a little move around and also a clear out of the mounting pile of spent/used leafs which were at the back. Now I can get close up to all my plants, hehe......

Glad I cut the SCROG, far more leafs than I could ever imagine and loads of undergrowth needed taking away so think I might of get away with it still in early flower as I did take a lot of what will not make it.

Anyways, they have also had just water too, no nutrients this time round with a good 2ltr run off. Can leave them now to get used to their new positions until they next need watering and I decide to have a move around.

Still under the ViparSpectra 450w and the Go Grow V1 Master Growing which is giving me approx 375 REAL LED watts.

I think they seem to be going well for 24 days of 12/12.

Here are a few more pictures from tonight after the "operation"

Opinion, comments, advice is very much welcome please.

A1.JPG

IMG_6874.JPG

IMG_6876.JPG

IMG_6878.JPG

IMG_6879.JPG

2 people like this

wouahhh !!!! you make a very good job  SAL !!

i share you opinion on nutrients. less you give is better and adapt it for each plant ( when you have between 1 and 10)

I think your IONIC mixture is good .

your have a good technic and your plants will give to you back for the harvest.

i follow to see it!!!

bye

1 person likes this

As detailed in my previous posts I removed the SCROG so I can move all plants now as the SCROG has served it purpose.

I left the plants in position I did not really like so I have had a move around and also I final defoliation.

I think you will see the difference.

Before pictures and the first two and the after pictures are the next two.

IMG_6922.JPG

IMG_6921.JPG

IMG_6924.JPG

IMG_6923.JPG

Keeping with the same watering schedule (nutrients - nutrients - water only), they are well due a watering tonight. Felt them before lights out this morning and their pots are very light and the soil is like desert sand!!

I do like to let them dry right out thought because I know they have to work hard to get every bit of goodness from their medium the also then they have to use their stored nutrients.

Last watering was just plenty of water only as I like to do this several mini flushes throughout flower and get many ltrs of run off.

Tonight's watering (approx 2.5 to 3ltrs each) will include nutrients and the mix will be as follows (per litre) which is 1/2 strength:

3.5ml Ionic Soil Bloom (Growth Technology)

0.5ml Ionic PK Boost (Growth Technology)

0.5ml Ionic CAL-MAG (Growth Technology)

1.25ml Herculean Harvest (Nectar for the Gods).

They all are exactly 4 weeks (28 days/nights) since the flip to 12/12 today and I will get some pictures up later whilst watering my main "flowering" plants.

I also have started on my next grow in my separate "veg" tent which is all dialed in to my main "flower" tent. Everything is working very well with very nice negative pressure on both tents. The "veg" tent extracts into my main "flowering" tent and its active intake splits off my main active intakes which also supply my "flowering" tent. I must say, it all works very well and I am very surprised and proud that everything seems to be plain sailing and dialed in perfectly.

Anyways, I'll get some pictures up later of my "flowering" tent which is getting nice a frosty.