Crentz

feminised mix
Sensi Seeds feminised mix - Mars Hydro

33 posts in this topic

Lights

2x Mars Hydro 300w leds --- one only on at the moment. 

 

Grow Area - Equipment•

4x4 HomeBox Evolution Grow tent ••• Manrose 4 inch 241m3 L/hr inline fan ••• Mountain Air 4 inch carbon filter ••• Hailea 9610 600L/hr air pump ••• Desk fan ••• 500w oil filled radiator with thermostat.

 

Hydro• 

DWC --- 10 litre buckets for Veg --- 25 litre buckets for Flowering.

 

Strains• 

Unknown, Sensi Seeds Feminised mix.

 

PH•

adjusted to 5.6 and will let it rise to 5.9 before bringing it down again.

 

Nutrients• 

General Hydroponics Flora Series. 

 

Temperatures•

22 to 25 degrees day and night. 

 

Humidity•

Currently at 80%

 

EC/PPM•

Currently at 1.2 EC or 600PPM

 

 

Plants are just over 2 weeks old now, germinated in paper towels then moved to one inch rockwool cubes for 1 week then transplanted to 3 inch rockwool cubes for one more week before being put into DWC today.

 

Up until now they have only received Super Thrive in plain tap water with a PPM of just under 300, EC 0.6....chlorine removed overnight, the 3 inch rockwool cubes were soaked overnight in a mild solution of Flora Bloom PH'd to 5.5. 

 

2 days ago they got a first light feeding 1.1.1 ratio of Nutrients + Epsom Salt PPM 400 or EC 0.8

 

Growth has been slow for the first 2 weeks up until 2 days ago when they got their first light feeding and now have gathered some speed, I have 3 plants growing at the moment all the pics below are the same plant. 

 

The other 2 plants are one week behind and more pics will follow. 

 

Any advice or questions welcome. 

 

Thanks for looking:taunt::taunt::taunt::taunt::taunt:

IMG_5651.JPG

IMG_5652.JPG

IMG_5653.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plant 1 nearly three weeks old from seed looking like it could be sativa but could be wrong.  plant 2 two weeks old from seed has a broader leaf and is looking more  indica.  

 

EC 1.2

 

PH 5.8

 

Temps 20 to 25 degrees day and night.

 

Still no roots in the water after nearly three days since transplant, hoping for some fast growth once this happens......plants looking healthy considering EC might be a bit too high for such small plants. 

 

Top fed a little bit yesterday to make sure their getting enough nutes...not much stretching under the 300w led which is good.

I will probably turn on the second 300w led next week and see what happens from there.

This is my first hydro grow so if anyone has any advice or sees any obvious mistakes I'm making please feel free to post below.

Thanks

 

IMG_5695.JPG

IMG_5696.JPG

IMG_5697.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good man I'll be pulling up a chair hehe, do like a few of Nirvana strains so looking forward to what you get ?

I'm venturing into the hydro world too but using Coco so i won't be much help lolol il be learning with ya hehe 

Best of luck with ya grow dude 

Peace

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Potent said:

Looking good man I'll be pulling up a chair hehe, do like a few of Nirvana strains so looking forward to what you get ?

I'm venturing into the hydro world too but using Coco so i won't be much help lolol il be learning with ya hehe 

Best of luck with ya grow dude 

Peace

Thank man appreciate it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plant 1, 22 days old

Plant 2, 16 days old 

Plant 3, 16 days old

Temps 20 degrees 

Humidity 65%

EC 1.2

PH 5.9

Girls are still a little small as I'd like for this stage I'm thinking due to starting their life's out under shitty T8 4000k bulbs I got cheap and I think I maybe over did it with the super Thrive starting out, plant 3 is still way behind after the seed casing issue but seems to be bouncing back now. 

 

Roots only dropped into the water on plant 1 today and no visible signs of roots in 2 and 3 yet, going to hold off on changing the nutes for one more week as they haven't really been drinking that much.  

Noticed a tiny bit of leaf burn on one of the lower leafs but gonna leave the EC at 1.2 for now and if it gets worse I'll drop to 1.0, other than that they're loving  the mars hydro 300w and I'll turn on the second one tomorrow, I'm still thinking plant 1 maybe sativa and 2 and 3 indica but could be wrong?

anyways that's it for now, thanks for looking?

IMG_5765.JPG

IMG_5766.JPG

IMG_5767.JPG

IMG_5768.JPG

IMG_5769.JPG

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plant 1, 28 days old

Plant 2, 22 days old

Plant 3, 22 days old

PH 5.8

EC 1.2

Humidity 58%

Temp 20 degrees 

 

Plants have really started to grow since the roots hit the water number 3 is still way behind but I'm hoping it catches up, number 1 got topped today and I will top number 2 week. 

I think my biggest mistake this grow was starting in 1 inch rockwool cubes then transplanting to 3 inch cube, next time I'll go from 1 inch cubes straight into DWC. 

I haven't changed the nutes in two weeks because the plants were not drinking much so I'll change them out tomorrow and keep the EC at 1.2 and add a little Epsom salt to each bucket, purple stems disappeared when the roots hit the water so it must have been some kind of nutrient deficiency. 

Getting some of the leafs curling up and not sure if it's a heat of ph problem.

Plan on vegging these for a good while so I can fill the 4x4 tent as much as possible.

IMG_5804.JPG

IMG_5806.JPG

IMG_5802.JPG

IMG_5803.JPG

IMG_5801.JPG

IMG_5805.JPG

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I missed reading it, but is that medium a tumbled lava rock?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Cannabissapean said:

Maybe I missed reading it, but is that medium a tumbled lava rock?

Hi Cannabissapean,

They are Vitalink clay pebbles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cannabissapean said:

ok

Bit concerned about speed of growth considering how old these plants are now, humidity and temperatures are all fine so the only thing I'm thinking is a ph issue. 

I'm using a cheap ph pen but I've checked the calibration and its fine, water temps are 20 degrees, EC 1.2. 

Another thing that is strange is this is meant to be a feminised mix but all three plants look like the same strain?

Think I'm going to add a silica additive to be mix to see if it helps with growth, I'm wondering if this strain is just small and squatty by nature. 

IMG_5829.JPG

IMG_5828.JPG

IMG_5827.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small and squat is not necessarily a bad trait.  Many Indicas grow with very short internodal distances.  Some growers prefer that, especially when available height for growth is limited.  If they continue to have a short internodal distance, then most likely you are growing Indicas or Indica-dominant strains.

 

Went back to read this topic from the start:  Package was "Sensi Seeds Feminized Mix" and the strains were not identified, so it could very well be that all the seeds are the same strain.  But IMHO, that's still a fair deal.  Similar to Forrest Gump's saying, "Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.", You never know what you might get in a Mix-Pack of unidentified strains.

 

I do know this:  Greenhouse Seeds does identify their seeds in mix-packs with a colored coating.

 

Your plants are looking very nice.  Enjoy cultivating your Indicas.

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cannabissapean said:

Small and squat is not necessarily a bad trait.  Many Indicas grow with very short internodal distances.  Some growers prefer that, especially when available height for growth is limited.  If they continue to have a short internodal distance, then most likely you are growing Indicas or Indica-dominant strains.

 

Went back to read this topic from the start:  Package was "Sensi Seeds Feminized Mix" and the strains were not identified, so it could very well be that all the seeds are the same strain.  But IMHO, that's still a fair deal.  Similar to Forrest Gump's saying, "Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.", You never know what you might get in a Mix-Pack of unidentified strains.

 

I do know this:  Greenhouse Seeds does identify their seeds in mix-packs with a colored coating.

 

Your plants are looking very nice.  Enjoy cultivating your Indicas.

 

 

Thanks man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plant #1, 33 days old 

Plant #2, 27 days old

Plant #3, 27 days old

PH 5.9

EC 1.7

Humidity 45%

Temps 20 degrees 

Changed the nutes out 4 days ago and raised the EC to 1.7 and added some Epsom salt , the leaf curling problem was a heat issue and was fixed by raising the lights and moving the radiator further away from the plants.

All plants have now been topped and I plan on vegging for at least another 2 to 3 weeks before flipping into flower, struggling a bit to keep the humidity in the 60% range and have added trays of water into the tent but might need to invest in a humidifier.

Apart from the slow growth at the start I am really happy how my first hydro grow is turning out, plants are looking really healthy and I'm impressed with the two 300w Mars Hydro led lights.

 

 

 

 

IMG_5864.JPG

IMG_5865.JPG

IMG_5866.JPG

IMG_5867.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plant #1, 37 days old

Plant #2, 31 days old 

Plant #3, 31 days old

 

PH 5.8

EC 1.7

Humidity 35% 

Temps, 18 degrees lights off - 24 degrees lights on. 

Water temps 20 degrees. 

 

Changed the nutrients out yesterday with a ph of 5.8 and when I checked today the ph had raised to 6.7 so everything is looking a bit sad at the moment......first time adding silica to my nutes which could be the problem, my tent yesterday started to really stink so I finally hooked up my carbon filter. 

 

Still struggling with the humidity because my extraction fan is sucking it all out so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. 

Think I'm just gonna give these one more week in Veg before I flip to Flower as I don't like not knowing what strains I'm dealing with and want to move on quickly, plant 3 has bounced back really good now and has the thickest stem of all 3 plants. 

Anyways that's it for now.

Thanks

 

IMG_5897.JPG

IMG_5898.JPG

IMG_5899.JPG

IMG_5900.JPG

IMG_5901.JPG

IMG_5902.JPG

IMG_5903.JPG

IMG_5905.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pH rise in the reservoir is normal, just gotta keep adjusting back down every day or so.  pH swing can be beneficial because some nutrients are better absorbed by the roots at various other pH values.

 

Using Powderfeeding will usually reduce the wild pH swings, and allows a more stable pH.

 

Using the right pH-adjustment solutions will also aid to stabilize pH.  A stable set is from Advanced Hydroponics.  They offer a pH-UP, and they offer two pH-Downs (one is Nitric-Acid-base, for use during Vegg, and the other is Phosphoric-Acid-base, for use during flowering.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cannabissapean said:

pH rise in the reservoir is normal, just gotta keep adjusting back down every day or so.  pH swing can be beneficial because some nutrients are better absorbed by the roots at various other pH values.

 

Using Powderfeeding will usually reduce the wild pH swings, and allows a more stable pH.

 

Using the right pH-adjustment solutions will also aid to stabilize pH.  A stable set is from Advanced Hydroponics.  They offer a pH-UP, and they offer two pH-Downs (one is Nitric-Acid-base, for use during Vegg, and the other is Phosphoric-Acid-base, for use during flowering.

Checked them again this morning and some of the bottom leaves were dying off....turning brown and wilting. 

Looks like I got nute lock out or some deficiency after my last nute change, it was spreading from the bottom of the plant upwards and some of the leaves started getting pale green in places.

Freaked me out a bit, I'm flushing them since this afternoon with just plain tap water ph'd to 5.8 and they seem to be bouncing back now. 

My last nute change I gave them 12ml grow, 6ml micro, 3ml bloom per 4 litres of water, tap water EC is 0.6 starting off, total EC 1.7, The only thing I can think of why this happened is I usually add micro/grow/bloom in that order but forgot to do this on this nute change and added it grow/micro/bloom... I've read in the past not adding micro first can lock out nutrients this coupled with the fact my ph shot up to 6.7 I'd say didn't help matters much. 

Tomorrow I'm going to half the nutes for the last week of veg 6ml grow, 3ml micro, 2ml bloom, 3ml silica and 1tsp Epsom salt per 4 litres of water. 

IMG_5906.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello my friend !

i am agree with cannabissapean because i use powder feeding in NFT and ph is really more stable . then i use 3 ACID DOWN of HYDROPASSION and itis a good ph down.

More , you will earn much time and money with powder feeding ( i use hybrids version) because you don't need to put 2 or 3 products. it is easy to use and it's efficient.

i recommand you this.

otherwise your plants are beautiful !!! keep on doing this.

i can also help you for your humidity. if humidity is too low you can put in your box a humidifier 1 head OR you put some clean wet towels or clothes in order to increase your humidity room.

if i can help you to another way you're welcome !

bye BRO !!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, slimkush said:

hello my friend !

i am agree with cannabissapean because i use powder feeding in NFT and ph is really more stable . then i use 3 ACID DOWN of HYDROPASSION and itis a good ph down.

More , you will earn much time and money with powder feeding ( i use hybrids version) because you don't need to put 2 or 3 products. it is easy to use and it's efficient.

i recommand you this.

otherwise your plants are beautiful !!! keep on doing this.

i can also help you for your humidity. if humidity is too low you can put in your box a humidifier 1 head OR you put some clean wet towels or clothes in order to increase your humidity room.

if i can help you to another way you're welcome !

bye BRO !!

Thanks for the info man, yeah definitely want to try the powder feeding at some stage. 

I've had my eye on a little 20 litre nft system and would like to try it out on my next grow and do a side by side test grow against the DWC and see what comes out better. 

I flushed the plants for 24 hours and they seem to be doing a lot better now, I will leave them flushing overnight and do a nute change in the morning at half strength. 

 

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. hello crentz !!
  2. yes good idea to flush it and then give it at half strenght. do  you flush with clear water or with florakleen or something like that ?
  3. For NFT i just can say : GO !!  I have NFT NUTRICULTURE gt205i with 20-25 L tank. i like this system. After it will be interesting to see the difference between DWC and NFT.
  4. Finally for your babies after your flush and half feeding , i think you could increase your EC a little if your plants can bear it.
  5. continue man and you will be happy soon !
  6. bye
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, slimkush said:
  1. hello crentz !!
  2. yes good idea to flush it and then give it at half strenght. do  you flush with clear water or with florakleen or something like that ?
  3. For NFT i just can say : GO !!  I have NFT NUTRICULTURE gt205i with 20-25 L tank. i like this system. After it will be interesting to see the difference between DWC and NFT.
  4. Finally for your babies after your flush and half feeding , i think you could increase your EC a little if your plants can bear it.
  5. continue man and you will be happy soon !
  6. bye

I'm just flushing with normal tap water with an EC 0.6, they have been flushing now for 48 hours and the new growth seems healthy. 

As you can see from the pic below I think I over did it with the nutrients and some of the lower leaves got some bad nute burn, I mixed up a batch of nutes last night at half strength and let them sit then ph'd today to 5.8... I will check the ph again before changing out the nutes today. 

Yeah unfortunately I don't know what strains I'm growing and these plants don't seem to be heavy feeders so I will proceed with caution when upping the EC in future. 

IMG_5910.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello i undertand your caution and you're right because a lack of nutrients is more easy to solve than an over feeding with burns.  

otherwise your new leaves are beautiful and look to accept your mixture.

continue man +1 for you

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, slimkush said:

hello i undertand your caution and you're right because a lack of nutrients is more easy to solve than an over feeding with burns.  

otherwise your new leaves are beautiful and look to accept your mixture.

continue man +1 for you

The damage to the affected leaves seems to be still spreading after the nute change, not sure if this is normal. 

I'm just keeping an eye on newer growth to make sure it's not spreading to these. 

IMG_5919.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 2 of flower

PH 6.1

EC 1.6

Humidity 40%

Temps 25 to 20 degrees lights on/off

Water temps 17 to 20 degrees 

Still on Veg feeding schedule for the first week of flower.

 

So I finally solved the problem why the lower leaves were wilting and dying off, it seems my root zone was getting colder than it should be at lights off causing the plants to go into shock and lockout nutrients. 

I removed about 5 of the really bad leaves and everything is doing a lot better now.

Only issue now is a small bit of purpling of the leaf stems, I think this a calcium issue even though I have very hard water with an EC of 0.6 and have ruled out a magnesium issue as I've been adding Epsom salt. 

Haven't done any training on these as I don't see them getting huge in height, all 3 have really bushed out since being topped and plant 2 looks like it will be the most impressive in a few weeks....this one is the only plant with no issues yet and just keeps growing and growing. 

Next week I will be putting these into 20 litre buckets and hopefully I will have a trouble free grow from here on in?

Learning a lot from this first Hydro grow and thanks to everyone that took the time to post here and help me out... much love?

IMG_5942.JPG

IMG_5944.JPG

IMG_5945.JPG

IMG_5946.JPG

IMG_5947.JPG

IMG_5948.JPG

IMG_5949.JPG

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello crentz !! happy for you if you solve your problem.

Then i don't think it is deficience of magnesium because your leaves don't look tigers.. sans-titre.png

i can tell you that sometimes it is a sign of cold for your plant but your leaves will be purple too. it can be the strain too .

often indica plant can take purple coloration on leaves stems. so you can stop your fan during the night to increase temperature and see if it was that otherwise it comes from your strain.

 

peace BRO

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good job Crentz.  You are reading your plants well.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

About us

Strain Hunters is a series of documentaries aimed at informing the general public about the quest for the preservation of the cannabis plant in the form of particularly vulnerable landraces originating in the poorest areas of the planet.

Cannabis, one of the most ancient plants known to man, used in every civilisation all over the world for medicinal and recreational purposes, is facing a very real threat of extinction. One day these plants could be helpful in developing better medications for the sick and the suffering. We feel it is our duty to preserve as many cannabis landraces in our genetic database, and by breeding them into other well-studied medicinal strains for the sole purpose of scientific research.

Social Network

Add us on social networks