First outdoor grow, would love some knowledge

Octopus

Hey guys! I've started growing my white widdow autoflowring seeds(from greenhouse) some weeks ago - ive started them in a wet towel together and then to a cup with soil but the problem was that one lost the shell pretty early and the other one sticked and didn't  let the leaves out so i pulled it out after a week it didnt drop and now 2 weeks later one looks like a god while the other looks like his retarded brother- also how often should i fretlize? (using bio nova supermix) 

14897728645482095046702.jpg

14897728945451020638157.jpg

• Like 1

Heya dude 

From much experience from popping seeds, it's fair common to perform a "seed-section" hehe and peel the remaining shell and inner protective layer off using a pair of needle tipped tweezers and a steady hand hehe so in future if the seeds popped have come up and look like they are struggling then peel off without hesitation ?

You probably did lose some growth time while the shell was covering the leaves..

Up to u if you are worried that it will under perform and you have more seeds then pop till ya drop as long as ya got the space hehe always better to have too many plants than not enough hehe 

I usually always pop more than what i need coz i can always give em away or plant em anywhere n may surprise you with some extra outdoor nugs at the end of season hehe 

If your still worried and can't see any growth post some more pictures of the main stem and apex (top) shoot as if that's damaged at an early stage then that can slow vertical growth dramatically..

Hope that helps anyway.. I'm pretty wasted so jibbed a bit hehe 

Cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Potent said:

Hey mate thank you for the input, i live in a place where growing is illegal and therefore i rather have two plants so i wont be charged as a dealer but as a home user if it comes to that (pray god ? it wont) 

Here is pictures of them close and picture of the fretlizer so you could please tell me how much to give my girls

14898620585401768510781.jpg

14898621329171974793973.jpg

14898621476711057301361.jpg

1489862162170979245801.jpg

14898621876851927447496.jpg

Don't we all brother but understandable! 

Still a bit hard to see the top shoot but looks like there has bin some growth since the last time which is good news ?

I have not used that nutrient before so i cannot comment, what is the NPK ratio of it? Should say on the bottle perhaps someone else here has had experience with it who can help! 

What does it say on the bottle? 

Is there a grow schedule on there website?

With most nutrients it's half strength at least with young plants, perhaps even if it states 4ml/l say then i would go 1ml/l for the first feed and increase...

Young plants are sensitive and can over feed easily! 

By the look of things they are a big pot for a small plant, next time i would pot in a smaller pot then pot up to a larger pot!

I go from a coffee cup to a 1 litre pot to 6.5 litre pot and flower in a 11 litre pot. 

So if anything i would feed some root stimulator of sorts to develop a good size root ball before feeding if not you will get a build up nutes in the soil where the roots haven't reached yet etc

It's your first grow so do not take it as criticism please we're all learning ? hell you should have seen my first grow hehe your doing great compared hehehe

16 minutes ago, Potent said:

Don't we all brother but understandable! 

Still a bit hard to see the top shoot but looks like there has bin some growth since the last time which is good news ?

I have not used that nutrient before so i cannot comment, what is the NPK ratio of it? Should say on the bottle perhaps someone else here has had experience with it who can help! 

What does it say on the bottle? 

Is there a grow schedule on there website?

With most nutrients it's half strength at least with young plants, perhaps even if it states 4ml/l say then i would go 1ml/l for the first feed and increase...

Young plants are sensitive and can over feed easily! 

By the look of things they are a big pot for a small plant, next time i would pot in a smaller pot then pot up to a larger pot!

I go from a coffee cup to a 1 litre pot to 6.5 litre pot and flower in a 11 litre pot. 

So if anything i would feed some root stimulator of sorts to develop a good size root ball before feeding if not you will get a build up nutes in the soil where the roots haven't reached yet etc

It's your first grow so do not take it as criticism please we're all learning ? hell you should have seen my first grow hehe your doing great compared hehehe

its 18 liter pots i used them because i read this is the recommended size in alot of websites and i did some research before i planted them

i used some fretlizer ive mixed it in spray bottle ( just a litle bit ) and i spray it occisanly - is it good?

i dont mind buying root simutor if it will bring great results but i dont plan on spending more as money is tight ( same reason i choose to put it on my roof instead of buying a tent + lamps -) unless it will benefit ALOT -

they get alot of sun i've put them in the middle so they will get sun all day long

did i choose the right seeds?

i've got some not autoflowring weed that im saving for when i will get a tent - could i plant them on the roof too?

i got tuthanhamon or idk how to spell it

i got The Church

and Supersilverhaze seeds

which one would fit good?

because i dont think the white widdow auto is that great - i've planted some random seed from bad weed i got and it grew much faster ( ofc i tossed it out cuz who wanna raise that plant)

man sorry for all the spelling mistakes i wrote this pretty high

Hey dude, first off you are using the correct size pot, if you are running autos you do not want to re pot as this can cause undue stress. When running autos you pot in its final pot to avoid undue stress since you have no control over when it will start flowering. I have had plants recover just fine from shells getting stuck although some have been very slow to recover and normally I would advise to take a cutting at the earliest opportunity and replace but since this is an auto its not really an option. Give it a week and if your not happy with the growth pop another see and replace it.

As for your nutrients without knowing which soil you are using its hard to say most soils hold enough nutrients for the first 14 days and often when re potting plants don't done use any nutrients for the 6 weeks if re potting every 2 weeks. Also when running autos my experience has always been they don't like as much nutrients as their photo counterparts so take it easy and go light increasing it slowly.

I have never used the nutrient line you are using although with the information you have given and the schedule it looks like you will be needing PK13-14 also.

I also think you may want to give autos a miss for a while until you at least get your head round the stages in a plants life cycle, the reason I say this is when you are new to growing you can pick up a basic schedule and follow it to the letter and end up with a reasonable grow. When running autos you can't really do that since you have no control over when she will start to flower and without knowing the plants cycle and being able to read the needs of your plant you may find it difficult to feed the correct nutrients at the time when the plant would find it most beneficial. The schedule you provided is a minimum 10 week schedule and you will find a lot of autos are finished long before this.

Good Luck Dude

https://www.bionova.nl/grow-products/soil-supermix

i think ill buy the pk - 13 -14 its says i should start it right now

•  

All of the elements mentioned above are 100% pure and of an organic origin. Therefore this fertilizer is absorbed directly, and a low EC will suffice. Furthermore, the organic components work as a good buffer. Soil SuperMix enhances an optimal soil condition, actively stimulates the root development and provides as a complete fertilizer not only for growing but also for flowering. Apply a supplement of PK 13-14 as Superbloomer during the flowering period.

Dosage

2-4 times per week 15-33 ml. per 10 litres of water.
The number of times depends on the size of the plant, the species, and on the climatic conditions.
When you start with richly fertilized soil, you will not need a liquid fertilizer for the first 3 weeks.
Dosage PK 13-14: start with 1,5 ml. in the second week and build up to 10 ml. per 10 litres.

and also should i get ph meter and all those stuff to make it go up&down?

because the page also says

. In spite of the application of chelates (chelated micro elements) which makes this fertilizer virtually pH-independent, it could be necessary to adjust the pH.

Looks like the nutrients your using have very low amounts of potassium and phosphorus which is why they recommend using a pk booster. 

The nutrients your using will create micro organisms in the soil so I'd advise removing the chlorine from your tap water before feeding as this will kill off any beneficial micro organisms. Always adjust your ph regardless of what the nutrient company states and keep track of your EC readings. 

Start of with half measurements of nutrients and steadily increase to see what the plants can handle, all strains will be different and some can take more of a heavy feeding that others..... depending on how you prepped the soil before planting outside you might not need to be feeding just yet. Did you add any slow release fertiliser before planting outside?

13 minutes ago, Crentz said:

Looks like the nutrients your using have very low amounts of potassium and phosphorus which is why they recommend using a pk booster. 

The nutrients your using will create micro organisms in the soil so I'd advise removing the chlorine from your tap water before feeding as this will kill off any beneficial micro organisms. Always adjust your ph regardless of what the nutrient company states and keep track of your EC readings. 

Start of with half measurements of nutrients and steadily increase to see what the plants can handle, all strains will be different and some can take more of a heavy feeding that others..... depending on how you prepped the soil before planting outside you might not need to be feeding just yet. Did you add any slow release fertiliser before planting outside?

no i bought the soil and mixed it with perlite only but the plant looks healty and green , if it needed more nutes he would show right?

and what's ec? i heard about PH but i don't know anything about EC

Check the bag that the soil came in most have fertilisers mixed in with them, if I was you I'd start them on very mild feedings now try half strength at 7.5 ml per 10 litres of water.... if that's to heavy for them then Flush the plants and go 1/4 strength 

8 minutes ago, Octopus said:

no i bought the soil and mixed it with perlite only but the plant looks healty and green , if it needed more nutes he would show right?

EC is basically the amount of salts and minerals in your water and nutes

Your nutrients chart is based on 15ml of nutes per 10 litres in Veg, you need to do the math..... if your only giving the plants 5 litres then it would be 7.5ml of nutes in Veg. 

If your giving half strength per 5 litres then it's 3.75ml of nutes in Veg 

19 minutes ago, Octopus said:

so if im giving 1.5L i should put inside like 1.8ml every week or so

Edited my last post, stoned and math don't mix:cheese:

2ml per 1.5 litres of water is full strength, try starting with 1ml per 1.5 litres of water first and gradually raise it?

1 hour ago, Octopus said:

If the nutrients are all organic don't worry about the EC and if your in soil you shouldn't need to check your ph neither. You should know when they start needing nutrients as they will show signs of deficiency. According to the nutrient schedule it would be 1.5ml per L of water but you want to start them off on 1/2 or even 1/4 of that.

20 minutes ago, kovert420 said:

If the nutrients are all organic don't worry about the EC and if your in soil you shouldn't need to check your ph neither. You should know when they start needing nutrients as they will show signs of deficiency. According to the nutrient schedule it would be 1.5ml per L of water but you want to start them off on 1/2 or even 1/4 of that.

Yeah about 1.8 to 2ml per 1.5 litres as he said he's feeding, have to disagree with you regarding the ph though..... I know soil has a natural buffer but if he has a high ph it could lock out nute uptake?

He should be adjusting ph then testing the run off to make sure it's in proper range. 

30 minutes ago, Crentz said:

Yeah about 1.8 to 2ml per 1.5 litres as he said he's feeding, have to disagree with you regarding the ph though..... I know soil has a natural buffer but if he has a high ph it could lock out nute uptake?

He should be adjusting ph then testing the run off to make sure it's in proper range. 

Maybe the water quality is poor where you are but where I am the water quality is just fine and does not need phing, also since the OP stated he is using organic nutrient which ph up/down would you recommend as any chemical ph up/down would destroy the best part of his nutrients.

• Like 1

I agree 100% regarding chemicals and mixing with organics, we just need to remember though that he is a first time grower and that just because we might have water in the correct ph range he might not..... climate conditions, water quality and so on all differ from place to place.

if he wants to keep ph natural then lemon juice of distilled vinegar could be an option for ph down and baking soda for ph up.

i would advise any grower whether you your growing ten days or ten years to monitor your ph levels, this is critical to how the plants uptake nutrients, as for EC I think he should be measuring this till he gets dialled in to what he's doing then he can go by feel and the look of the plants. 

Just because something works for us in our conditions doesn't mean it will work for everyone.?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Crentz said:

I agree 100% regarding chemicals and mixing with organics, we just need to remember though that he is a first time grower and that just because we might have water in the correct ph range he might not..... climate conditions, water quality and so on all differ from place to place.

if he wants to keep ph natural then lemon juice of distilled vinegar could be an option for ph down and baking soda for ph up.

i would advise any grower whether you your growing ten days or ten years to monitor your ph levels, this is critical to how the plants uptake nutrients, as for EC I think he should be measuring this till he gets dialled in to what he's doing then he can go by feel and the look of the plants. 

Just because something works for us in our conditions doesn't mean it will work for everyone.?

Yeah I can defiantly agree with that I used to check my ph and ec constantly now I think the batteries are dead in both lol but yeah I go by how my plants are looking and if things didnt look right to me checking ph and run off ph is a step I would take. I supposed checking the ec could be quite useful for learning what kind of ec your plants like and what kind of ec burns them.

• Like 1