UV-C LIGHTS

rotnran

MY NAME IS RANDY AND IM GLAD TO BE HERE ,THIS IS THE FIRST FORM IVE EVER JOINED ,SO I WOULD LIKE MY COMMENTS TO BE ADDRESSWD WITH KNOWLEDGE NOT MADE FUN OF IF I DO SOMETHING WRONG ,GO HEAD LAUGH ,CUT ME DOWN, BUT WHEN YOUR FINISHED ,HELP ME, i never been a member of a forum before ,im fuckin up all ready im suppose to interduce myself first ,i dont know where to do this ,i guess right here ,hi my names randy im a alcoholic, and a drug addict, and gambling,sex, aholic,,ya ok that said ,i have pm issues ,i grow indoor and outdoor ,ive been using eagle-20,and green cleaner, ive read where pm can work through eagle -20 so i read about clean lights, haha 450.00 250.00 haha i dont think so ,i started researching ,to make a long story shorte,i found a bulb,with balllist and ac adapter, 110 wall plug, for 26.00 on ebay ,ita a replacement bulb ,uv ballist bulb 36 watt replacement power supply lamp 36 watt uv 36 odyssea uvc 26.00 i bought it ,i believe it is what i need i just need to make a housing for it, now does anybody khow if this will work ,all my reference and cross reference, through airconditioning unitds and aquariums ,seems to use the same bulb ,will it work ,and if not ,then why,

Edited by rotnran
i did not have a topic written ,
  • Like 1

Hi rotnran and welcome to forum :)

I regret to read that you are an alcoholic and a drug addict ... it is not good to abuse. However, it is good to abuse sex lol

At a personal opinion I always recommend using low energy bulbs (CFL) or LED light for the growing stage. In the flowering stage, we can keep LED or switch to Sodium Vapor, it offers very good results.

Here you can ask and learn everything you need, enjoy the forum.

regards

4 hours ago, Jose.gh said:

Hi rotnran and welcome to forum :)

I regret to read that you are an alcoholic and a drug addict ... it is not good to abuse. However, it is good to abuse sex lol

At a personal opinion I always recommend using low energy bulbs (CFL) or LED light for the growing stage. In the flowering stage, we can keep LED or switch to Sodium Vapor, it offers very good results.

Here you can ask and learn everything you need, enjoy the forum.

regards hey josh,i was jus kidding about the addiction,kinda personal joke of mine, actually im pretty straight, those days are behind me, and as i rambled on i think i cinfused myself and others ,let me redirect my question, i have pm  powder mold,im battling it now ,last year i lost 138 plants ,well all the main kolas .i am using eagle 20 and green something,to no availl.i seen clean lights ,those are the lights im talkin about, but 450.00 ,so i went on ebay and found one for 25.00, uv-c replacement bulb and ballast with power pac 110 plug in,i did some research ,and they have uv lights for aquariums and air conditioning units ,to fight mold and bactiria,,but nowhere does anybody know if thereproduct will fight against pm on plants,i havea 46 watt uv-c bulb and im in the process of building a box to put the bulb in ,i know the range ,254 for fighting mold ,i believe that is the saame as mine, does anybody have experince in fighting mold with uv lights,

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Rotnran,

Basically, once powdery mildew is on your plants, there is not much you can do to save that crop.

About the only thing you can do is to trash that crop and completely empty the grow tent or grow room.  Throw away ALL the soil that was there before, and buy new.  Finish throwing away all the infected materials BEFORE you start disinfecting the equipment that you want to keep.  Otherwise, your hands will re-infect all the cleaned items that you will be cleaning with Clorox.  Now, clean the walls, ceilings and floors with a strong Clorox bleach (twice) and then wash EVERYTHING (twice) with the strong Clorox bleach solution before it re-enters the area.  You have to think about the floors you are walking on, and the fact that you might be tracking the mildew back into the grow area with your shoes or sock feet or even bare feet.  That means the floor must also be disinfected.

Before you start again in the cleaned area, spray everything down with a solution of anti-fungus designed for fruit trees.  Then after you start up again, be sure to have that fruit-tree anti-fungus readily available for shooting down re-occurrences. 

PM is a really bad pest and it is very difficult to get rid of.  If it has infested your entire living area, it could be that you might even have to move away to another abode to get away from it.

Exhaust ventilation and keeping unwanted moisture out of the house is essential to prevent mildews of any nature.