Dutch Passion #1 Outdoor Grow 2017 - Completed

gasmeter

14 September 2017

We have had a few very wet days since my last update and I have had to keep both plants in the shed under the flourescent lights.

Today while it was sunny I took some photos of the plants and as I checked them over I found some bud rot on the leafy plant right at the top of the plant.

So I removed the affected buds and saved the bud above it which was not affected and cleared as much debris from the site as I could.

Site at top of leafy plant after removing affected bud.

14september-2017-passion#1_leafy_plant_bud_rot.jpg

Salvaged bud from above and below affected bud site.

14september-2017-passion#1_leafy_plant_bud_quick_drying.jpg

Although bud rot is shit, with every negative there is a positive, this does provide the chance to test the bud.

I quick dried the bud on the radiator and it is OK the vibe is nice when I look at photos of the bud I can see that the trichomes are mainly very milky with a few starting to go amber so it provides a nice high with a good body hit.

Happy growing guys.

Gasmeter

• Like 2

So  it is the end of week 18 and since I found a couple of buds with bud rot a few days ago I have been keeping a close eye on the top of the leafy plant and

I found a couple more buds had also been affected so I snipped them off and I removed the bud from the nodes directly below that I was not sure about just to be sure.

16september-2017-passion#1_leafy_plant_bud_rot_site_cleaned.jpg

I have been quick drying the bud on the radiator as I did before and it has a decent vibe they are close to harvest now.

16september-2017-passion#1_leafy_plant_salvaged_bud.jpg

So last night I gave them both 9 litres of water, the weather today has been mostly sunny with a bit of cloud and tomorrow will be the same.

Here are some image I took yesterday of the top of the stalky plant.

Top of stalky plant.

16september-2017-passion#1_stalky_plant_top_of_plant.jpg

Close up of bud on top of stalky plant.

16september-2017-passion#1_stalky_plant_top_bud.jpg

The weather over the next few days is forcast to be cloudy and sunny so I will keep and eye on them and see how things go harvest time is close now.

Happy growing guys.

Gasmeter

• Like 2

I was debating whether to mention that exact thing.

Not only here but also in your other journal on the King's Kush, I think the flower production could benefit if you performed a bit of lollypopping - removing the lower 1/4 to 1/3 leaves that sit in the shadow of the rest of the plant.  That way the plant can direct its energies towards the flowers, instead of devoting those energies to keeping the leaves in the shadows alive.

• Like 1

Hi Slimjim thanks for the kind words man

Yeah the bud rot was a shame, but it hasn't been a show stopper and I have definitely learned from it.

I agree removing fan leaves would have helped with air flow, I will definitely do this next season if the other two beans turn out to be leaf monsters.

I could also tie the stalks down to pull them away from the main stalk, or pull the top of the main stalk over so the nodes then spread and grow upwards like mini colas.

I will definitely take your advice Cannabissapean and strip some of the fan leaves on the Kings Kush to let in more light.

Gasmeter

Likkle more

• Like 1

Hey guys time for an update, it is now the end of week 19 and yesterday it was cloudy and sunny in the morning but the weather forcast was for showers at

lunch time, so about 11.00am I took some photos of the plants and then I gave them both 9 litres of water each and checked the PH of the run off which was 6.

Within minutes of watering the plants it started raining so I quickly moved them into the shed under the flourescent lights with the large fan running to move

air around, due to the fact the rain was light showers I was able to leave the shed door open to help keep the humidity down and I left the fan running over

night as well.

Here are some images I took yesterday.

Both of the Passion #1 gals outside in back yard

22september-2017-passion#1_both_plants_back_yard.jpg

Close up of the top of the stalky plant.

22september-2017-passion#1_stalky_plant_top_close_up.jpg

Top of the leafy plant.

22september-2017-passion#1_leafy_plant_top.jpg

The plants are now ready to harvest I can see plenty of amber trichomes so after lunch today they go the chop and I harvested both plants.

Both Passion #1 plants harvested bud hanging on stalks drying.

23september-2017-passion#1_both_plants_harvested.jpg

Passion #1 charas.

23september-2017-passion#1_charas.jpg

I have had a little smoke of the charas in a single skinner with some fan leaves (I&I quit smokin shag) and it has a nice vibe, a good strong body feeling, but the high is an elevation of conciousness, with charas the hit is like a silk thread that slowly and gently vanishes away, its the cream of the crop.

So there was 650g of fan leaves, stalky produced 750g of bud and leafy produced 600g of bud, but remember these weights are wet and the bud is still on the stalks at the moment while the bud is drying, in 7 days I will strip the bud off the stalks and trim as required and then I will put it in Kilner jars, I only have one at the moment so I need to go and buy and few more.

In total bud and stalk for both plants is 1350g or about 26 ounces, so I should end up with just under a pound of herb once dried I am well chuffed. Updates to follow happy growing guys.

Gasmeter

Likkle more

• Like 3

Congrats man.

Nice toilet and y not take a few more bigger leaves off if not using extractor to

keep humidity down, definitely dont use the shower.

It is said that thc degrades in the light so maybe place in the dark as well.

Once again excellent job, have a nice smoke.

PEACE

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate,

I see you went with the last season's tried & tested P#1. What a wonderful job you did with the journal! Beautiful pictures and descriptions, very well done! I would definitely enter one of the bud shots in DP's monthly photocontest ;)

Enjoy your lovely harvest.

Peace,

G

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey guys sorry for the delay updating my journal and thanks for the kind words.

I bought four new 1 1/2 litre Kilner jars while the Passion #1 was drying then a week after harvest on the 1st of October I trimmed the dry sugar leaves from

the bud and put the bud into the Kilner jars.

So I ended up with 8oz bud and 3oz of trim, plus a shit load of fan leaves and stalks, I put the fan leaves in a cardboard box as I stripped them off both plants during harvest, and I left them in the shed to dry slowly, and I have used half of them to make some canna butter, which I use it to make a couple of batches of brownies that give a mild vibe, which is nice in the morning.

Unfortunately the stalks got moldy so I binned them, otherwise I would have used them to make canna butter too.

The bud has a piney odour which is quite strong, it is a nice smoke fast hitting with a good high and strong body hit that is borderline couch lock,

just how I like it, I waited until there were heaps of amber trichomes before I harvested them both.

Gimmi de ting Doctor order me...

Here are some images I took when I trimmed the bud and put it into jars.

All the Passion #1 bud trimmed up bud in a heap on a bin liner.

15november-2017-passion#1-trimmed-buds.jpg

All of the Pasion #1 buds and a lighter to give an idea of the size of the buds.

15november-2017-passion#1-trimmed-bud-lighter-for-scale.jpg

All of the Passion #1 buds in Kilner jars.

15november-2017-passion#1-bud-in-jars.jpg

All of the Passion #1 trim in an old ice cream container.

15november-2017-passion#1-trim.jpg

All of the Passion #1 trim in a Kilner jar.

15november-2017-passion#1-trim-in-jar.jpg

A nice big bud for a test smoke.

15november-2017-passion#1-sample-bud.jpg

This season growing outdoor has definitely been the best so far out of the past 3 outdoor seasons, I just love the Passion #1 strain it performs well in the UK climate, I am really looking forwards to the 2018 season next year, hopefully I can improve on this years grow and get a better yeild.

Happy growing guys.

Gasmeter

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...