6 posts in this topic

Hey,

just here to learn and talk to people about this great plant. doing my first grow has been a great experience. I am always reading and just can not stop thinking about my plants lol!!! well if anyone has any tips i am all ears at all time. 

Do growers recommend defoliation for new growers?  

2 people like this

hi herbal,

some growers dont recommend it at all, however after the stretch period is over usually about 3 weeks

lolly popping is a defoliation at the bottom of the plant so flowering is concentrated at the tops where

most light is. also at the end of flowering to help with air flow around the buds so not so high humidity.

hope this helps and happy growing

peace

1 person likes this

Hello herbalgeeek and welcome to forum :)

On a personal level (every cultivator, has his own manias), I do not recommend defoliation. However, if it is advisable to prune the lower branches, when the flowering cycle is introduced.

We hope you enjoy the forum!

Regards!

1 person likes this

Hello all, 

I am a greeny from south Africa, lank keen and excited to learn and develope something special!

i agree with what jose said and i would add a simple metafora that the leafs are basically solar panels&factories that collect energy and use it to create sugars and the flowers essentially so defoliation will just lower your harvest and there is clear evidence for it.

when you defoliate a plant the plant will just end up trying to recover from the damage and grow new leafs to replace the lost leafs instead of making more flowers, you get smaller harvest and it has been proven with tests on food crops, but it can be beneficial to trim the lower shaded branches and nodes that wont give you quality flowers/fruits in the first place depending on the light levels, plant size and genetics

What is the most well constructed and up to date knowledge/ informationon growing ?