New guy

Yamatoshi

Hi everyone! 

I am new here and would like to get to know more about cannabis. I've started smoking in the 80's and stopped for a long period but now came back to it. There has been a lot of changes from the 80's cannabis. I miss the haschish mostly. I still get some but not as good as what I use to have (kashmir, morrocan, jamaican, nepalese, afghan,etc.

I am hoping that with the legalisation in canada I will see lots of good products.

Y

Spoiler

Yamatoshi, welcome to StrainHunters.

Yes, there have been a lot of changes since the 80's.

I have a feeling, however, that the slow-but-sure legalization (or decriminalization) of our cannabis-related culture may have a result opposite of your desire for those "old-school" smuggled forms of cannabis.  As more and more people grow their own cannabis, the criminal smuggling organizations will feel the pinch of less-and-less demand for their products.  As that demand wanes, certainly the variety of products will also decline.

Our cannabis culture is changing.  We are becoming more and more a broad collection of enthusiasts within our local communities:  We are laborers, professionals, doctors, lawyers, business leaders and politicians who have discovered each for him/herself this wonderful plant.  More and more people are learning the truth about the conspiracy that brought about the abolition of cannabis in the USA in the early part of the 20th Century, and they are learning about how the USA used its leverage and forced its "morals" into the laws of other nations where the USA acted as "overlord".  It seems today that many people and their nations are tired of this relationship.  Through our "vote", as our numbers continue to increase, we should be able to eventually remove unjust laws and replace them with laws that are more fair and natural.

Because more of us are growing our own, the criminally-smuggled products will naturally become less and less available.  You may find it necessary to produce your own hashish. 

As technology advances, our culture continues to find other ways to process cannabis into purer and stronger forms.  Methods such as oil-presses or dry-sift can result in high-quality, high-potency products.

Have you looked into the processes of "dry-sift" or "oil-presses"?

Watch some videos about "dry-sift" or "oil-presses" on YouTube to get some ideas.