Cindy

3rd indoor grow

141 posts in this topic

I've never grown anything under LEDs until now, so i don't really know what to expect from my own plants.

But i've grown under HPS and CFLs, 400W max, and i got 120 dry grams from each mother (total 360g) and the other 18 clones added up to almost 600 grams.
I also have to say i've grown 21 plants in 2x1 meters, so given you've got MUCH more space than i did, you could get more.

My honest guess is 150-200 dry grams per plant, hopefully more and not less.

I repeat i don't know how plant yields respond to LED lights, but i guess we'll both have to see.. ;)

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, LedCherryBerry said:

I've never grown anything under LEDs until now, so i don't really know what to expect from my own plants.

But i've grown under HPS and CFLs, 400W max, and i got 120 dry grams from each mother (total 360g) and the other 18 clones added up to almost 600 grams.
I also have to say i've grown 21 plants in 2x1 meters, so given you've got MUCH more space than i did, you could get more.

My honest guess is 150-200 dry grams per plant, hopefully more and not less.

I repeat i don't know how plant yields respond to LED lights, but i guess we'll both have to see.. ;)

Yes will will ūü§™

5 minutes ago, Cindy said:

I would love to know how much of a yield I am going to get 

any guesses anyone ? 

For a 1.2m2 tent, many brochures say 500-600g. Not sure if that is wet or dry weight. I'd guess wet. So a quarter of that-ish for dry. So 125-150g. Very ball park figure in my newby guess.

5 hours ago, ShaggyGrower said:

For a 1.2m2 tent, many brochures say 500-600g. Not sure if that is wet or dry weight. I'd guess wet. So a quarter of that-ish for dry. So 125-150g. Very ball park figure in my newby guess.

I grow in a 1.2m x 1.2m x 2.0m with a combination of LED's pulling a REAL wattage from the wall of approx 375 watts. Yield is obviously strain, care and conditions dependent and GPW I have grown so have a range of 0.88GPW to 1.33GPW or in weight terms 12oz (336g) to 18oz (504g) (give or take a few grams to the ounce).

I can't complain with the use of LED's and have no plans in swapping to anything else anytime soon.  

2 people like this

2 hours ago, I'm Sal said:

I grow in a 1.2m x 1.2m x 2.0m with a combination of LED's pulling a REAL wattage from the wall of approx 375 watts. Yield is obviously strain, care and conditions dependent and GPW I have grown so have a range of 0.88GPW to 1.33GPW or in weight terms 12oz (336g) to 18oz (504g) (give or take a few grams to the ounce).

I can't complain with the use of LED's and have no plans in swapping to anything else anytime soon.  

Is are those weights dried or wet?

Normally is dry 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, I'm Sal said:

This is useful infos to me since i have 320 true watts, and don't know the strain specifics, except the characteristics (one seems a hybrid, the other a sativa dominant). 
2 plants in 0.5 m2 are going to give me 40-50g, so i guess 200g per m2 under a 320w.
My math points to a mere 0.625 gpw, but in my case, i fucked up so many times..

In cindy's case things will go far, far better ;)

2 hours ago, LedCherryBerry said:

This is useful infos to me since i have 320 true watts, and don't know the strain specifics, except the characteristics (one seems a hybrid, the other a sativa dominant). 
2 plants in 0.5 m2 are going to give me 40-50g, so i guess 200g per m2 under a 320w.
My math points to a mere 0.625 gpw, but in my case, i fucked up so many times..

In cindy's case things will go far, far better ;)

It‚Äôs a woman‚Äôs touch ūüėáūüėäūüėā

1 person likes this

Hello all 

does gpw mean gross weight?

1 person likes this

Hey Cindy,
Gpw actually means Grams per watt.
Example, i have 100 watts, and my plant gives me 80g, then that is 0.8 gpw.
...Even tho i highly doubt somebody with 100w can get 80g hehehe

Hello 

So I have read with LED lights you get 1/2 a gram per watt 

So that should make my yield 459 per plant 

1 hour ago, Cindy said:

Hello 

Lots of other factors involved, @Cindy.

@sal got between 0.88 and 1.33 GPW. Not sure how many plants were in that 1.2m X 1.2m X 2.0m tent. Could be one, could be 10. Nor how many kWh used (ie, how long lights were on/off), or how close to perfect distance from plants, nor nutrients; co2, etc etc.

The more I read about GPW, the less I think it's an easily compatible measure against grows.¬† Just my 2p's worth ūüėÄ

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, ShaggyGrower said:

@sal got between 0.88 and 1.33 GPW. Not sure how many plants were in that 1.2m X 1.2m X 2.0m tent. Could be one, could be 10. Nor how many kWh used (ie, how long lights were on/off), or how close to perfect distance from plants, nor nutrients; co2, etc etc.

The more I read about GPW, the less I think it's an easily compatible measure against grows.¬† Just my 2p's worth ūüėÄ

Thanks Shaggy ūüėä

Hello all 

I think on Friday I will go on to 12/12 as a lot of my leaves are starting to touch each other 

Any input will be greatly appreciated 

Many thanks 

Yours Cindy 

Hello again 

Should I go on to 12/12 this Friday or give my plants one more week of veg?

6 minutes ago, Cindy said:

Hello again 

This Friday will be 13 days since @sal opined (4th November) let the SCRoG get 70% full and defoliate over 3 weeks.

Is your SCRoG 70% full already?

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, ShaggyGrower said:

This Friday will be 13 days since @sal opined (4th November) let the SCRoG get 70% full and defoliate over 3 weeks.

Is your SCRoG 70% full already?

Not yet so one more week then Shaggy 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Cindy said:

Not yet so one more week then Shaggy 

I would give them another week and then reassess. One more week might be enough, or you may find they need a little more.

My main concern for my new grow is not to to run out of hight space.  I'll veg until they get to the hight I want, OR they're wide enough to fill my SCRoG 90% (whichever is sooner). 

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, ShaggyGrower said:

I would give them another week and then reassess. One more week might be enough, or you may find they need a little more.

My main concern for my new grow is not to to run out of hight space.  I'll veg until they get to the hight I want, OR they're wide enough to fill my SCRoG 90% (whichever is sooner). 

That’s sounds good to me 

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, ShaggyGrower said:

Is are those weights dried or wet?

That is totally dry weight of course, no point in even looking at weights when wet. It really serves no purpose at all other than to disappoint because its certain that you will lose 80% of that weight when it dries.

All weights given are totally dry and you will find my grow dairies, with pictures, on here showing those exact grows relating to the weights I have given.

3 people like this

16 hours ago, Cindy said:

Hello all 

does gpw mean gross weight?

It means GRAMS PER WATT @Cindytherefore as an example, if you have 250watt and your final dry yield is 250grams (8.92oz) you will have achieved 1 GRAM PER WATT and likewise, if you got a final dry yield of 195grams (6.96oz) you will have achieved 0.78 GRAMS PER WATT with the same light.

BUT, despite using the same lights, every grow WILL NOT be the same for anyone so it is impossible to determine yield in advance. 

Wet weights are pointless so no need wasting time on this too.....its just as pointless as trying to estimate the final yield at anytime before the plant is done to the point of totally dry and smokable. 

6 hours ago, Cindy said:

Hello 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news @Cindybut I do not think even the best growers in the world with optimal conditions achieve, on a regular basis, 459grams (16.39oz) PER PLANT. Those weights are "freaks" in my opinion but the do exist and in very few and fair between occasions.

5 hours ago, ShaggyGrower said:

@ShaggyGrower, I usually grow 5 plants at a time with 5ish weeks veg. I have as many as 7 plants in there but 2 of those were "experiments" as there were purposefully abused so they kept tiny as I did not want to throw them because anything from them is more for my jars.

VEG is 18/6 for 5ish weeks as I said and FLOWER is initially, 12/12 for about 4 weeks then decreasing by about 30mins per week so on week 8 of flower so I finish on a 14/10 light schedule with that being 14 dark and 10 hours light.

For what I spend in electric it worries me nothing and I have no complains at all. It is 375watts when in FLOWER and LESS than that in VEG so it is nothing and I would have no issues running 375watts all day every day if need be.

Light distance, VEG about 1mtr and FLOWER is about half of that....20" and with me that gives me enough spread to cover all the plants in my 1.2m floor area. 

Nutrients as always are Growth Technology's Ionic range for soil (Plant Magic Supreme) including, Ionic Grow &Bloom, Ionic Cal-Mag, Ionic PK and also Nectar for the Gods Herculean Harvest.

No CO2, no need on small grows such as most like ours and very hard to get right, plus very costly if doing it right, so why the need when I for example am perfectly happy with my yield without it.

Conditions are key and regular fresh air circulation is crucial and never vent into the same room.

4 hours ago, Cindy said:

Hello all 

I think on Friday I will go on to 12/12 as a lot of my leaves are starting to touch each other 

Any input will be greatly appreciated 

Many thanks 

Yours Cindy 

Like I said @Cindy, I would be leaving the 12/12 until the net is at least 70% then 12/12 and you will fill the rest up easy with both vertical and horizontal grow. Got to remember that you need the upward growth so that all those heads will end up looking like big thick solid buddage about 8" to 10" above the net.

Last thing you want is an under-filled net with no more stretch left in the plants because you switched to 12/12 too early.

4 hours ago, Cindy said:

Hello again 

70% as above and if there, switch.

3 people like this

27 minutes ago, I'm Sal said:

It means GRAMS PER WATT @Cindytherefore as an example, if you have 250watt and your final dry yield is 250grams (8.92oz) you will have achieved 1 GRAM PER WATT and likewise, if you got a final dry yield of 195grams (6.96oz) you will have achieved 0.78 GRAMS PER WATT with the same light.

BUT, despite using the same lights, every grow WILL NOT be the same for anyone so it is impossible to determine yield in advance. 

Wet weights are pointless so no need wasting time on this too.....its just as pointless as trying to estimate the final yield at anytime before the plant is done to the point of totally dry and smokable. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news @Cindybut I do not think even the best growers in the world with optimal conditions achieve, on a regular basis, 459grams (16.39oz) PER PLANT. Those weights are "freaks" in my opinion but the do exist and in very few and fair between occasions.

@ShaggyGrower, I usually grow 5 plants at a time with 5ish weeks veg. I have as many as 7 plants in there but 2 of those were "experiments" as there were purposefully abused so they kept tiny as I did not want to throw them because anything from them is more for my jars.

VEG is 18/6 for 5ish weeks as I said and FLOWER is initially, 12/12 for about 4 weeks then decreasing by about 30mins per week so on week 8 of flower so I finish on a 14/10 light schedule with that being 14 dark and 10 hours light.

For what I spend in electric it worries me nothing and I have no complains at all. It is 375watts when in FLOWER and LESS than that in VEG so it is nothing and I would have no issues running 375watts all day every day if need be.

Light distance, VEG about 1mtr and FLOWER is about half of that....20" and with me that gives me enough spread to cover all the plants in my 1.2m floor area. 

Like I said @Cindy, I would be leaving the 12/12 until the net is at least 70% then 12/12 and you will fill the rest up easy with both vertical and horizontal grow. Got to remember that you need the upward growth so that all those heads will end up looking like big thick solid buddage about 8" to 10" above the net.

Last thing you want is an under-filled net with no more stretch left in the plants because you switched to 12/12 too early.

70% as above and if there, switch.

Thankyou sal 

Just now, Cindy said:

Thankyou sal 

Anytime @Cindy, I just hope it all makes sense to you and wish you all the best for your grow. It is a very nice grow you have there and I know you have a passion for them so I want the best for you.

Remember though, this is just the way I would do things from my experience and in no way telling you that it must be done this way. It is your grow.

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, I'm Sal said:

Anytime @Cindy, I just hope it all makes sense to you and wish you all the best for your grow. It is a very nice grow you have there and I know you have a passion for them so I want the best for you.

Remember though, this is just the way I would do things from my experience and in no way telling you that it must be done this way. It is your grow.

I am taking your advice 

i just hope I am getting it right 

thankyou for your patience and all the advice you have given me 

1 person likes this