Cannabis Legal in UK

CannabisKid

The laws inthe uk are you can buy growing equipment and have the seeds but as soon as you add the good old h2o then it becomes a different matter.

Cannabis possesion will get you a on the spot fine of £60 where i come from although this will vary you could get away with an ounce for personal easy maby more if you can convince them you smoke more.

Thats all well until you have two bits in your pocket and youll find a intent to supply charge that will be very difficult to get out of and cause you all sorts of problems like a marker on your car so when the police computer picks it up it allerts them to stop and search.

Cannabis has been reclasaffied from a class B drug to class c then reclasafied once again back to class B all within a couple of years due to the stronger more potent strains that cause mental health problems so say the government cocaine and heroine are class A.

Thought you would have had a on the spot fine for that how many grams are we on about? or unless it aint the second time we should try to start the revolution more people die of alcohol over here more than anything i just want it to be legal like it is in the dam, controlled and growen by the experts unlike Here the government would heavilly tax it and produce their on shite not that will happen anytime soon. If the government screw the head on they could use the taxes to help the poverty familys that are all over this country, fix the education and health isses before they line the fat cat pockets of bankers with milions of our cash while letting the economy crash.......... start looking after the poor!

But they dont because they are conservative!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

some of the things mentioned im not sure are right.

The law in the uk in 2011 has cannabis as a class B and the licsence top grow is for farmers and only constatuts to grow Hemp containing 0.01mg of thc so u cud smoke most of the field and u wouldnt get high.

i had a farmer grow near me as a test but everyone in my town went and robbed it thinking it was real cannabis. then to make it worse some people not from my town came with guns saying it was there crop.

poor old farmer didnt bother again.

There is a big diffrence between cannabis and Hemp. Hemp can actually help the world economy more than cannabis but cannabis cud generate more money for the goverment.

None of the british politishans have cannabis on the agenda and if it was it would be at the bottom. Science has shown that proving something is safe and good doesnt mean the Govement will support it.

Thats Labour, Conservative and Liberal demacrates

The green party are the closest to haveing pro cannabis supporters in the uk.

i watched this great program from last year wich followed a single man in congras in usa who tryed to befriend all the other congress men to vote that year on fedral law accepting medical cannabis. In the end they didnt get it cleared (which was wrong) but he did get 20 more votes from the party that were against it. so lets hope in two years time that tripples and that law change gets past.

what i learned from this is that one man can do more to change things than 10,000 protesters when taking the write aproach. the video is from advancemarijuana.com on you tube.

I want things to change in the uk but its not happening any time soon and who knows maybe ill be that man that trys to get things moving in a more dirrect way.

One Day!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Theres is even more confusion recently since the court sentencing guidelines were changed/reviewed -(will come back to that when i find the links lol)

http://www.release.org.uk/comment/375-sentencing-guidelines-for-cannabis-offences

Very much a post code lottery in different cases/charges and still depends on the particular view of that judge on the day etc

Your first act of possession of say a few grams is and should be what is known as a "street caution" your details will be taken and run through the system(to check for warrants etc) but you dont receive any paperwork - even tho these details are on the police central computer- if you are having a criminal background check for a job - it will NOT show up- even on an enhanced disclosure.

Second offense is usually an 80 pound fine and again gets noted on the record.-( i cant comment if this shows on a CRB check)**

Third offense will land you in arrest and some form of court appearance**** -

Again there are many different circumstances and situations as previously mentioned which can change things dramatically for the worse.

Having say 3X 2.0g on your person at point of search etc can result in some cases to execute a search warrant of your home on suspicion of dealing/intent to supply**but not always***

Also with the "street caution" i learnt last year(by sticky situation with a friend!) if you have not had another cannabis related offense within 1-2 years -they will give you another "street caution"!? instead of going to the 2nd level of a fine

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

i figure that we have at the very least 3 more years to wait to see any change at all in the uk cannabis laws , i have no faith what so ever that the Conservative government will make any moves to change the law , lets hope someone else gets in power at the next election , fingers crossed