MindlessCorpse

Greeting to StrainHunters

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Newb here. I am on my first attempt at MJ. I will be a lurker for the most part, reading and trying to get what knowledge I can from what has already been discussed.

I might have a question or three, but will do some looking around and reading first, 

MC

1 person likes this

MindlessCorpse, welcome to StrainHunters.  Please enjoy your exploring the site.

It is a really good sign that you wish to do research first.

A couple tipps:

The "Browse" button will become very useful for you for rapid navigation to most all topics and journals. (scroll down after clicking browse)

If you are attempting your first grow in soil, then googling or youtubing "supersoil for cannabis" will show you many good recipes for a good soil mix.

If you want to go straight to hydroponics, there is an excellent do-it-yourself video you can view on youtube called "Mr. Green - I Grow Chronic", informative, entertaining, and it works.

Feel free to ask questions.

2 people like this

Welcome to forum  MindlessCorpse :)

This is a good place to share your doubts and learn from the experience of others.

We hope you enjoy the forum!

1 person likes this

Thanks for the Greetings.

My first serious attempt is at this point so far,

The breed is White Widow/fem, 94 days from seed and 21 days on 12/12 light. Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil with the FF trio nutes.

We have had a couple of issues, but pulled through ok I guess.   

I am hoping the girls will be ready to share at Thanksgiving but it is going to be close. I veg'd a little long (70 days or so).

On pain meds tonight so I will keep this short.

again, Thanks for the greetings

MC

20170924_125317.jpg

1 person likes this

Question, MindlessCorpse,

What kind of lamp is in each of those reflectors?

And is there not another lamp directly above those plants out of view on this photo?

Those are the side lights. each has a 100 watt 2700k LED bulb

The overhead lights are 1 of the cheap 1000 watt dual chip full spec leds, and two of the Roleadro 400 watt Grow lights (CoB's), all on ratchet ropes.

I will post more info when I start a grow journal here

MC

20170924_134711.jpg

1 person likes this

Ahhh, very cool.

You're doing very good.

I think you may be OK on your deadline for harvest before Thanksgiving, but the cure won't have enough time I'm afraid.  That will need another month.

It should make for a rockin' Christmas, though.

1 person likes this

Yes. I amafraid you are right, no-ones fault but my own though. I took my time and did a few things that stopped growth during this attempt. But all is good, it will be done eventually and I will enjoy it then