mungbean79

Soft farms pink lemonaid and lemon jones coco/LED

33 posts in this topic

beautiful garden you have there

keep up the good work

peace

According to Wikipedia (  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springtail  ), Springtails (there are many species) are evolved from arthropods.  Scientists have only recently stopped considering them as insects.

1.  So, if you are considering using a pesticide, it might be better to use an arachnicide instead of an insecticide.

2.  (from Wikipedia:)  "Springtails commonly consume fungal hyphae and spores, but also have been found to consume plant material and pollen, animal remains, colloidal materials, minerals and bacteria. ....Springtails have internal mouth parts."  So, if you could treat the top of your soil with a fungicide, you might deprive them of their food.  Because a fungicide might also harm your mychorrhizae, I would suggest only a topical spray treatment of the soil, but a thorough spraying and cleaning of the moist or wet parts of your tent.

3.  You could also try a method that works well against roaches.  After the cleaning of your tent, sprinkle about a little powdered Boron.  The Boron gets on their legs and hairs and on their food.  When roaches clean themselves or eat the Boron, it doesn't kill them right away, instead, it enters their digestive tract and destroys their ability to digest their food.  They die, and when their body is eaten by the next roach, that individual suffers a similar fate.  The roach transports the poison to the other roaches.  This makes Boron so effective.  I would expect that Boron might also be effective against Springtails.

Here is additional information about Springtails from Orkin Pest Control company.  https://www.orkin.com/other/springtails/

Of particular interest is their method of reproduction, and the fact that they reproduce in large numbers, hence large infestations if not treated.

1 person likes this

I spotted what I think are springtails floating on in my Run-Off water butt.  They've make a raft out of themselves, like ants!

6 hours ago, Cannabissapean said:

According to Wikipedia (  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springtail  ), Springtails (there are many species) are evolved from arthropods.  Scientists have only recently stopped considering them as insects.

1.  So, if you are considering using a pesticide, it might be better to use an arachnicide instead of an insecticide.

2.  (from Wikipedia:)  "Springtails commonly consume fungal hyphae and spores, but also have been found to consume plant material and pollen, animal remains, colloidal materials, minerals and bacteria. ....Springtails have internal mouth parts."  So, if you could treat the top of your soil with a fungicide, you might deprive them of their food.  Because a fungicide might also harm your mychorrhizae, I would suggest only a topical spray treatment of the soil, but a thorough spraying and cleaning of the moist or wet parts of your tent.

3.  You could also try a method that works well against roaches.  After the cleaning of your tent, sprinkle about a little powdered Boron.  The Boron gets on their legs and hairs and on their food.  When roaches clean themselves or eat the Boron, it doesn't kill them right away, instead, it enters their digestive tract and destroys their ability to digest their food.  They die, and when their body is eaten by the next roach, that individual suffers a similar fate.  The roach transports the poison to the other roaches.  This makes Boron so effective.  I would expect that Boron might also be effective against Springtails.

Here is additional information about Springtails from Orkin Pest Control company.  https://www.orkin.com/other/springtails/

Of particular interest is their method of reproduction, and the fact that they reproduce in large numbers, hence large infestations if not treated.

Thanks @Cannabissapean you put me in the right path cedar oil I think is going to be the best bet if not boron powder

Cedar oil, Mungbean?

Please tell us more...

@Cannabissapean it’s an ingredients in some pesticides like go gnats it kills most pesticides fungus gnats springtails among others it doesn’t poison them it makes them dry up and die or blocks the breathing receptors ending up suffocating them! I have heard you can use to gnats as a soul drench which is made by earth juice can’t grit where I am unless. Ship from us. I just need to find a way to make cedar safe for soil hopefully just a simple case of diluting it! With cedarwood one l it needs to be purified so aromatherapy oil won’t do!

I’ve ordered a bottle of cedarwood essential oil and witch hazel of which I’m going to mix in water and spray a lower leaf see if it effects the plant if it doesn’t I’ll try a root drench on one plant take the risk 

End of week 5 flower and finally all springtails have gone and buds have started swelling! 1 pink lemonaid looks finished by all brown hairs but it shouldn’t be they are 8-9 week flowering. I’m giving it just water seeing if I can keep her in there for another 2 weeks. Other pink lemonaid suffered a lockout and never recovered coz I didn’t pick up on it! Had water got a week and now is starting to flourish! Lemon jones well is doing the best fat heads stinking all that you want is starting to show small calmag def so I’ve put it back in it’s feeding schedule. The 2 cuttings are at week 3 and are being top dressed with guano and palm tree ash every 2 weeks and waters with molasses and biosys microbe tea 1 feed every other week. 

96DDC4DD-55EB-4D8A-B993-1FF356F0B572.jpeg

C9662D5A-84C3-4C5C-A7C8-6ECC737ADBA0.jpeg

17A31786-0FE5-4381-AEA9-C94F9B393088.jpeg

42542CBD-16EB-43B5-809C-DECAFAF61213.jpeg

85EDA819-A811-41BF-9490-95EB8B786514.jpeg

D9F1FBE3-9856-480F-B1E7-E574DE337248.jpeg

A47934E7-1A94-4638-A65A-FC92F04C3708.jpeg

D2ACEA8E-086F-40A7-878D-A8006C6805BA.jpeg

2DAB65CD-8788-4E76-9A1F-6F4EAFB636D2.jpeg

19FC9C3B-6283-477C-A6F8-B593E3AE8DD1.jpeg

E729270E-9A0C-4C3C-9FD9-467E68E23066.jpeg

1 person likes this