Jose.gh

Grow Contest 2017 - Inscriptions

47 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, LedCherryBerry said:

Anyway, this is a inscription post.
To talk about our techniques and issues, we should move to private messages.

I wanted to say that i understand what you mean.
You want everything to be in place, with the correct feedings, light schedule, spacings, airflow, bug treatment etc etc.
I want this to be my case too, but i also like to experiment.
I don't really mind if my grow "sucks". If i manage to get some flowers, it is a success. If the flowers are smokeable, it is a far better success.
Of course, if i grow 1 plant, and care for that plant, and that plant manages to flower, in a 60x60 and finish the job, i will have so much weed i can stop growing for years.
As i said, i don't care about yield. 
What i care about is experience and knowledge. And i also need to test it out myself.
I will never learn if i don't do my own way. I need to see what i'm fucking up.

No worries at all @LedCherryBerry, like we both agree, it is your grow but just cannot help thinking it is a utter waste and totally goes against what this COMPETITION is about.

Even by your very own repeated admission of "I don't really mind if my grow "sucks"" and "As i said, i don't care about yield" does not do your potential participation in any COMPETITION any favours.  

GHSC are willing to offer these seeds and nutes for nothing, along with some nice prizes, and should we get to participate in this competition the very least we can do is our best and not squeeze as many plants as (im)possible in a tiny space of both width and height.

It is the end result that is the deciding factor and you do not care a jot about that as you have repeatedly confirmed in your post above.

OUCH!!

I feel that too GHSC.

Sorry @LedCherryBerrybut I think it is plain wrong and would suggest trying your "experiment" with bagseed instead of biting the hand that potentially feeds your next grow.

Anyways..............

10 hours ago, I'm Sal said:

No worries at all @LedCherryBerry, like we both agree, it is your grow but just cannot help thinking it is a utter waste and totally goes against what this COMPETITION is about.

Even by your very own repeated admission of "I don't really mind if my grow "sucks"" and "As i said, i don't care about yield" does not do your potential participation in any COMPETITION any favours.  

GHSC are willing to offer these seeds and nutes for nothing, along with some nice prizes, and should we get to participate in this competition the very least we can do is our best and not squeeze as many plants as (im)possible in a tiny space of both width and height.

It is the end result that is the deciding factor and you do not care a jot about that as you have repeatedly confirmed in your post above.

OUCH!!

I feel that too GHSC.

Sorry @LedCherryBerrybut I think it is plain wrong and would suggest trying your "experiment" with bagseed instead of biting the hand that potentially feeds your next grow.

Anyways..............

You're right.

I shouldn't pull the helping hand too much.
What do you suggest? A single mother? Or even smaller pots?
I can find a 30L pot but am quite sure the plant wont fit inside that.

Sorry for the fast answer but i'm late for work hahahahaha.
See you later! :3

13 minutes ago, LedCherryBerry said:

You're right.

I shouldn't pull the helping hand too much.
What do you suggest? A single mother? Or even smaller pots?
I can find a 30L pot but am quite sure the plant wont fit inside that.

Sorry for the fast answer but i'm late for work hahahahaha.
See you later! :3

Hi @LedCherryBerry,

Imv it's about maximising what one has to work both in terms of size of space and equipment available.

From what I've read, your limiting factors are space (55cmx58cmx170cm) and light intensity (150w veg, 320w bloom).

Regarding space and four pots, say each pot was 28cm in diameter and you filled them with 30cm of medium. 

Total volume of medium available for plant to grow in would be: Volume = π×14cm²×30cm = 18473 cm³ for each pot, so 4  x 18473 = 73892cm³.

Same calculation again using the whole area as a rectangle: Volume = 55cm×58cm×30cm = 95700 cm³.

Something to think about perhaps.

Regs, Shaggy

1 person likes this

Goddamn, i wish i studied BASIC MATH when i had the chance.

Little corrections along the way:

My actual grow tent is 55x58x146, and it was crafted by myself.
The grow tent i'm going to grow the WR is 60x60x170, and its arrival (ordered it last friday) is estimated between 11 and 14 december.

The pots i want to use are 28 cm in diameter (can't remember the height but it's less than 30cm). I've already shown they can fit perfectly.
What sal is suggesting is that pot sizes ain't the issue: plant growth will be.

The point between me and sal is that i believe i can grow 4 small plants in that area, and he says it's a waste of time and resources.
I partly agree with him because i know that one plant can give you more than 4 little ones.
I say partly because it is still my grow, and i know i can succeed in growing 4 small ones.
Hell, i've just finished 2 bagseed girls in my tent, and they gave me 70g whilst being below 40cm height.
Also, my bagseed were 3 months old when i harvested them: with white rhinos i got time up to 5 months.

I think i will stick with 4x11Liters pots anyway, even tho to some eyes it's a waste of time and resources. To mine, it is not.

Also, to be more precise, i do not believe i'm pulling the helping hand.

GHS explicitly said is willing to give to any participant UP to 10 seeds, while i requested for 4. 
I like to believe that if i get choosen as a participant, somebody in GHS read my post, my idea for the grow, liked it, and was willing to let me try.
If i fail, at least, i know that i tried. 
As i said, i don't care about winning. I am already a winner, for having choosen to subscribe to this forum, and get to know some of the most friendly and helpful people on the globe on this matter. 
I might be wrong, but i'm not sorry about that. Competition IS about winning, but ALSO about learning.

Let me learn.

Hi @LedCherryBerry you can grow 4- 5 plant and you chose one plant to put in flower in a 30l whit your leds in 1,7 m you have just enought place i think but i have no experence whit smaller pot :read:

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, g22 said:

Hi @LedCherryBerry you can grow 4- 5 plant and you chose one plant to put in flower in a 30l whit your leds in 1,7 m you have just enought place i think but i have no experence whit smaller pot :read:

I have some experience with small pots, but it's "clone experience". 
I managed to flower 18 clones in 4-6 liter pots and get 10-15g from each. 
Mainly did so many clones because i wanted to try different shapes (spiral, triangle, LST'ed etc). 
I was very young back then. 

Small pots are hard to handle if you don't repot correctly, at least this is what i've learned.

1 person likes this

18 clones is 18 plant but yea i think whit clone the light is more divided for itch clone i Allways have  the picture of a guy hoe make big plant to make the maximum out of 1 or 5 plant but you have 2 box wh  you dont do one box for the mother and one box whit the clone i would learn one day to use grow cubes for hydro like hugo cubes that look great 

I would use roughly 8 pots or 10 depending on plant size. 2 Smallest ones will  be able put into the same smart pot. I have sec setups. But don't know if you allow for a hydro test. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, g22 said:

18 clones is 18 plant but yea i think whit clone the light is more divided for itch clone i Allways have  the picture of a guy hoe make big plant to make the maximum out of 1 or 5 plant but you have 2 box wh  you dont do one box for the mother and one box whit the clone i would learn one day to use grow cubes for hydro like hugo cubes that look great 

I don't have 2 boxes.

The tent i'm using now will be dismantled, because the new one (still arriving) will replace this in the same spot.
I don't have the physical space to implement the use of 2 tents.

At the time i did the 18 clones, there were 3 mothers with them.
Back then i had a "tent" which was more close to a wooden box, which had 2 rooms.
Back then i used to flower the mothers in one tent, and veg the clones in the other.
When the mothers were done, i switched some of the clones in the flower tent, and so on.
Back then, the tent i used was 100w x 200l x 160h.

1 person likes this

@LedCherryBerry yes is not give To every one to have the goed space for that pation ✌but here is not goed place for this discution😁

1 person likes this

On 5/12/2017 at 1:24 PM, LedCherryBerry said:

Anyway, this is a inscription post.
To talk about our techniques and issues, we should move to private messages.

I think u must create a new post and all of us gonna coments with out best wishes and advices.....

Cheers ! :drinks:

2 people like this

15 hours ago, LedCherryBerry said:

Goddamn, i wish i studied BASIC MATH when i had the chance.

Little corrections along the way:

My actual grow tent is 55x58x146, and it was crafted by myself.
The grow tent i'm going to grow the WR is 60x60x170, and its arrival (ordered it last friday) is estimated between 11 and 14 december.

The pots i want to use are 28 cm in diameter (can't remember the height but it's less than 30cm). I've already shown they can fit perfectly.
What sal is suggesting is that pot sizes ain't the issue: plant growth will be.

The point between me and sal is that i believe i can grow 4 small plants in that area, and he says it's a waste of time and resources.
I partly agree with him because i know that one plant can give you more than 4 little ones.
I say partly because it is still my grow, and i know i can succeed in growing 4 small ones.
Hell, i've just finished 2 bagseed girls in my tent, and they gave me 70g whilst being below 40cm height.
Also, my bagseed were 3 months old when i harvested them: with white rhinos i got time up to 5 months.

I think i will stick with 4x11Liters pots anyway, even tho to some eyes it's a waste of time and resources. To mine, it is not.

Hello mate,

your tent is comming in week. Competion starts in month. So, just count how much light you can offer to space where you ll grow with best yeald. It absolutlly doesnt metter of how many plants youve got, but how big yeald you can produce on space where you grow. Somebody can do like 350g on 120x200 with 6 plants somebody the same or even more with four of them it depends. Deffinately it doesnt metter how many of them you ve got. yeald is based on light, space and your tallent :-)

Kiwwi

1 person likes this

Read some of the old posts, it's all written there. My space, my lights, everything.
I'm readying up.

1 hour ago, LedCherryBerry said:

Read some of the old posts, it's all written there. My space, my lights, everything.
I'm readying up.

i did not specificate anything, just do as you want, just count little bit what light suit to what space. I am just saying it doesnt metter how many plants you have got

1 person likes this

It does matter. Sal isn't wrong on some points.
But thanks for saying that. Ofc i'll do as i want: otherwise i wouldn't be here.
Ofc i'll follow ghs nute schedule, but the lights, spacings, airflow etc is all my decision.
If i don't try this, i'll never know if you can do it, or not.
Imo, it's possible, but not easy.

Anyway, i repeat, thank you kiwwi for your kind words and encouragement <3
Wish i could send you a couple chilos of my kiwis, i've just harvested 40kg heheheh.

Hi Jose,

i definitely would like to be part of the contest.. specially to test the bio pf.... can't wait to use...

Peace, Santa!

2 people like this

Three weeks until the comp' starts!

Do we know who's been chosen to participate yet, @Jose.gh?  The anticipation is all very exciting. :)

Regs, Shaggy

2 hours ago, ShaggyGrower said:

Three weeks until the comp' starts!

Do we know who's been chosen to participate yet, @Jose.gh?  The anticipation is all very exciting. :)

Regs, Shaggy

Upping for curiosity :3

Cheers!

best of luck everybody.

white rhino is one of my old favorites and i havnt seen it around here for a few years so cant wait to get my hands on them seeds :pleasantry:

P71210-152222(1).jpg

Hi mates, 

Please use another post for discussion, advice, questions ....

This is just to sign up for the contest.

Thank you

5 people like this