Greetings Everyone!

BennyBrass

Hello my name is Benny..im in montreal canada!I've been growing for quit awhile now..always bought my clones..well..those days are gone.

bought cotton candy along with some ciderella 99...i put them in cups ,,they  sprouter nicely in 3 days!

Here is my question..ive heard so much that im actualy more confused...when do i put them under my 400 watts MH..an how far up?

any comments would be greatly appreciate it!!

22 hours ago, BennyBrass said:

Hello my name is Benny..im in montreal canada!I've been growing for quit awhile now..always bought my clones..well..those days are gone.

bought cotton candy along with some ciderella 99...i put them in cups ,,they  sprouter nicely in 3 days!

Here is my question..ive heard so much that im actualy more confused...when do i put them under my 400 watts MH..an how far up?

any comments would be greatly appreciate it!!

Hi @BennyBrass I was hoping someone with more experience could help, but as not as of yet, he goes.  MH, like other HID lights such as HPS, produce a lot of penetrating light and a lot of heat. I keep 18 inches distance between canopy top and lights with HID lights.  I check my top canopy leaf temperature does not go above 90C (veg, 80C flower).  I use a blue CFL during veg as they produce less heat and I can have the bulb cm's away from the top canopy.  You can place them under MH as soon as they have germinated.  

Hi @BennyBrass for me when i Sprout my seed under a tl light for the first day after that i start the 400w  mh i think a 400w at +-40cm 60cm for 600w maybe for the start at 60cm wiht the 400w some peopel put it higher but i always use the 40cm and 60cm +-  an i never burn a plant wiht the light