ShaggyGrower - White Rhino and BIO Feeds test

Side note on the Greenhouse Feeding BioFeedings.

After a rocky start by using too much and making my media too 'hot', things got much better once I'd got a handle on dosages.

Looking back to 20th & 22nd March:

"Two days ago Bi & Tri started their transition to flowering by being moved into their final big pots (46l) with BioBloom (41g) in that pot (together with a little BioGrow [5g]).

..  PPM of the runoff was high for both, as expected. 1712ppm (ec 3.424) for Tri and 2012ppm (ec 4.036) for Bi. PH was 6.5 so fine.  Wet weights were 18.4kg and 17.4kg respectively, so they took on ~ 7l each.  Had ~3.3l of run off for both, so will keep that aside for later".

I fed that run off/slurry, diluted down to 400ppm (so ~33l worth of 400ppm PK feed imv), to all the White Rhino from then on until it ran out.I did not use any more BioBloom powder (just a little Enhancer every now and again (2 x)). 

So, it seems that 82g of Greenhouse Feeding BioBloom is all that's required for 2 x 46l and 2 x 11l plants/pots, or ~0.72g/l is the dosage I found works for my plants.

In context, from a 1kg bag of Greenhouse Feeding BioBloom, that's 46 flowered plants in 30l pots (my new size, 46l pots are being retired after this grow as I'm finding them too big, and the new 30l (40cm) tree pots fit in perfectly three abreast) @ ~0.72g/l (1kg bag / 0.72 = 1338 litre portions; divided by 30 litres = ~46). THAT'S A LOT OF PLANTS!!!!

That's MUCH lower than the Shogun nutes (2/4ml/l) I've used before (although to be fair, that's Shogun's recommended dosage (GHF recommended dosage is 3g/l) and I could have used less as I had nute burn issues with that first-to-know-what-I'm-growing grow).

I will continue using slow release Greenhouse Feeding nutes first, and if I see any deficiencies (unlikely), revert to a shot of faster acting liquid Shogun if required.

Happy Nuting!

• Like 1

'Tri' on day 59 of flowering.

DSCF5143_edit1.thumb.jpg.fb7b6018576035b9dd3730a3c933d26f.jpg

I'm struggling with temperatures & humidity, apparently. If one is not high, the other is. Nothing serious, just not where I want it.

Ignorance is bliss with regards to data, and now I have lots of data (SensorPush, IR Webcam, etc), there's lots to think about and change and re-monitor.

With that in mind, an 8000Btu/h air conditioner is arriving tomorrow.

'Bi' and 'M' where mega-flushed today.

46l pot Bi was flushed with 60l 25ppm 24c 6.8ph rain water.  Run off ended at 133ppm (EC 0.266).

11l pot M was flushed with 24l 25ppm 24c 6.8ph rain water.  Run off ended at 137ppm (EC 0.274).

Both fully flushed.

Happy Nailing Down Growing!

• Like 1

Hi shaggygrower,

what kind of outtake fan are you using. Maybe you don't need to cool with an airconditioner, because airconditioners bring a whole new set of problems. First problem high energy costs are high and the second problem is air conditioning de-humidify with 30% to 60%.

In the end getting a bigger ventilator is better and never pull your air from outside. Try to get it from inside.

You can get automated humidifiers but this will have great problems because of lower humidity( inbetween the leafy part) between your plants. This will give high risks for fungus.

The best thing you can get is heat exchanger air handling unit with cooling an humidifiers inside. But thats more for huge setups.

What I have seen from your growing skills is that your really good. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.

You have the opticlimate pro its special airconditioner all in one warming cooling humidity en more special for growtent but the smallest is 2500€ and humidifier direct on tap or tank with humidi sensor 

• Like 1

Hi @William Trust,

The output fan is 428M3/HOUR, so is the input, but the input is dialled down to get negative pressure with a fan speed controller.

I've tried various things to variable success rates, so the next is the air conditioner.  I also want to lower humidity as well. My dehumidifier creates too much heat doing it's dehumidifying when the ambient air temperature of input air is too high.

I've tried air from inside the room the tent is in and outside via a window, and watched the change on my SensorPush and other gadgets.

Looking at the data, I need something to cool the air either on the way into the tent or in the tent, and then all will be well. The AC unit will be placed IN the tent, so it just has to cool that air and not the whole room that the tent is in, which means it the controller will be turning it on and off quite a bit..

I'll give the girls some cold nights in their final handful of days, to try to stress more trichomes.  Winter's Coming ladies, …..

This is the one I'm getting  @g22

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GJONCMS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can connect it to the Cooling on the Inkbird temperature controller.  I can then program when it comes on/off by temp. 

Happy Air Conditioning!

• Like 1

Wow. You got the science right. Will defiantly look into specs. Got to get myself 1 of those airconditioners for a test environment. See what it does.

Got myself a 2500m3/h ventilator for 10m2 never had any heat or humidity problems. More co2 is healthier plants 

Edit: I also have negative pressure to have minimal heat build-up.

Thanks to my cat, I've improved a humidity issue I have (storms and lashing rain = very high ambient humidity = NIGHTMARE in late flower).

The carbon filtered air from the tent usually vents out of the tent via ducting through to outside (pic, top right pic, top right vent in pic).  However if that air is less humid than the ambient humidity in the room the tent is in, I want some of that (less humid air in my room)!  My ambient humidity was 62%. After redirecting the air for 15 mins, it went down to 56% (in the tent it was 54.3 at this time).

So, my cat has kindly, yet unknowingly, lent me his cat bowl, which is just the right size to fit through a hole I have cut in the ducting, and which when placed in there perfectly redirects that air into the room - you can see the bowl in place. When not required, I'll simply tape up the hole. 

From the (seeled-ish) room, this air can get sucked through an AC unit on Cooling setting (if the AC unit is on). It then passes from the AC unit, through some cardboard work I did to somewhat direct the AC's cooled air, through a input fan & filter into the tent.   There is a small dehumidifier in the tent which comes on as required.  This small dehumidifier expels heat as well as removing humidity (water). Previously, this is a big fat pain in the backside. Now, the large AC unit provides enough cold air to cool the tent even with the small dehumidifier in there. The data of them having a fight I find rather amusing.

AirConditioningCatPlate.thumb.png.2d7c63d3c04eaf5643351c910ab502c5.png

Another thing is, that top right photo, there's a bit of tape with a green piece of wire attached.  That's covering a hole I cut in the cardboard. The AC unit vents outside, creating negative pressure in the room. So I have negative pressure in the tent and in the room the tent is in. When the room door is closed, the cardboard wants to blow in off the window, so I cut a hole in the cardboard so I can decide whether to reduce the pressure in the room through that hole in the cardboard with outside air, or leave the door slightly ajar and reduce the negative pressure in the room with air from the house.  It's currently lashing down with lighting and thunder outside, so I don't want that humid air as the house air is less humid, so the hole is taped shut and the room door is ajar.

Just when you think you have a handle on something (ac unit), something else will need adjusting (room negative pressure).  It's fun though!

Happy Tweeking!

• Like 1

The trichomes are there!!  Most clear & cloudy and a few amber dotted about.

So, I've trimmed all the plants of their fan leaves while they are still alive and attached to their roots half way through their night. These leaves will be processed via bubble bags to make bubble hash.

They will have half a night. Lights on after 8hr of darkness (4pm) then a long day for them leading up to The Great Chopping tomorrow noon-ish.

Here's 'Bi':

DSCF5175_edit.thumb.jpg.71e56539a710d9e5c0f60297adae46c3.jpg

Happy Harvest Prep-ing!

• Like 2

'Bi' pre-harvest photo's (testing, to see which ones upload and which ones are too big/detailed).

Lots of photo's so you have a choice, and some look the same but are taken with flash on and another with flash off (flash on shows the trichomes more, off shows the colours more).

DSCF5223.JPG

DSCF5224.JPG

DSCF5226.JPG

DSCF5227.JPG

DSCF5228.JPG

DSCF5229.JPG

DSCF5230.JPG

DSCF5231.JPG

DSCF5232.JPG

DSCF5233.JPG

DSCF5235.JPG

DSCF5236.JPG

DSCF5237.JPG

DSCF5239.JPG

DSCF5240.JPG

DSCF5241.JPG

DSCF5242.JPG

DSCF5243.JPG

DSCF5244.JPG

Seeing some blue/purple coming onto he tips of some leaves below. Wonder if the AC unit's cold brought this out:

DSCF5248.JPG

DSCF5249.JPG

DSCF5250.JPG

Below are some peripheral bud shots:

DSCF5251.JPG

DSCF5252.JPG

Happy Harvesting!

• Like 1

'Tri' pre-harvest photo's (testing, to see which ones upload and which ones are too big/detailed).

Lots of photo's so you have a choice, and some look the same but are taken with flash on and another with flash off (flash on shows the trichomes more, off shows the colours more).

DSCF5202.JPG

DSCF5203.JPG

DSCF5207.JPG

DSCF5208.JPG

DSCF5209.JPG

DSCF5210.JPG

DSCF5211.JPG

DSCF5212.JPG

DSCF5213.JPG

DSCF5214.JPG

DSCF5215.JPG

DSCF5216.JPG

DSCF5217.JPG

DSCF5219.JPG

Happy Harvesting!

• Like 2

'3' pre-harvest photo's (testing, to see which ones upload and which ones are too big/detailed).

Remember, 3 & M nearly died a horrible H2O2 & 'hot' media death.,

DSCF5184.thumb.JPG.bb49767977f85b767d66e14ef09018a9.JPG

DSCF5187.JPG

DSCF5188.JPG

DSCF5189.JPG

DSCF5190.JPG

DSCF5191.JPG

DSCF5192.JPG

DSCF5193.JPG

DSCF5194.JPG

Happy Harvesting!

• Like 2

'M' pre-harvest photo's (testing, to see which ones upload and which ones are too big/detailed).

Remember, M & 3 nearly died a horrible H2O2 & 'hot' media death.,

DSCF5195.JPG

DSCF5197.JPG

DSCF5198.JPG

DSCF5199.JPG

DSCF5201.JPG

DSCF5200.JPG

Happy Harvesting!

• Like 2

Genial Shaggygrower estas hecho un maestro, que bien se ven esas W.R muy buenas fotos, esos cogollos bien curados tienen que ser gloria, tanta preparación y cuidados en el cultivo tiene sus frutos, te deseo una gran cosecha y que seas uno de los ganadores ya que te lo mereces

Saludos y buenos humos

Great Shaggygrower you are a master, you see that WR very good photos, those well-cured buds have to be glory, so much preparation and care in the crop has its fruits, I wish you a great harvest and that you are one of the winners already that you deserve it

Greetings and good smoke

• Like 2