ShaggyGrower

ShaggyGrower - White Rhino and BIO Feeds test

38 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, ShaggyGrower said:

Hi @OG.Naj

Thanks the info.  You're quite right. There's lots in play.  My current grow [1] that's nearing completion had a good early start and I hope to repeat it in this grow log.

This early, 24 hrs a day is the same for them I guess as they're isolated in a tent with minimal environmental changes.

Happy Growing!

[1] - http://forums.strainhunters.com/topic/11066-first-know-what-im-growing-grow/

I saw your grow in the other section. We can already see the beautiful results. :good:

Interesting to give 24h of light. What benefit do you get from this lighting strategy can you explain?

Thanks for sharing you experience!

M has outgrown her jam jar over night and has been upgraded to the cranberry suite.

I've afraid , 2, 3 & 4 have come out of the ShaggyGrower germination phase a bit bruised and battered.  '2' needed help with a shell case, '3' & '4' had dodgy looking roots  due to too much water I think so uber amounts of tlc was required last night in surgery to get their shell cases off and help those small leaves get their first light and hopefully help out the shrivelled root.

DSCF3523.thumb.JPG.7700724aa59d7e0575b2d45a4403bb5f.JPG

DSCF3524.thumb.JPG.bfb2768d21fc3f6dd4ede7589a8b2a74.JPG

DSCF3525.thumb.JPG.80fa41109bf72a198e88a19380c3c0e9.JPG

Happy Growing!

3 people like this

Hi @OG.Naj "I saw your grow in the other section. We can already see the beautiful results. :good:

Interesting to give 24h of light. What benefit do you get from this lighting strategy can you explain?"

I do this so there is a consistent environment.  More changed = less consistency. Leaving the light on = no change, so hopefully more consistency.  With the light on consistently, the temperatures will be consistent as well.  So too for humidity.  Under this regime last time, they grew very tight stem internodes and I'd like to repeat that so am keeping the same blue-light-24-/-7-3-10cm-from-canopy strategy.

They'll get 24/7 for 14 days, then they go to 18-6.

Happy Growing!

1 person likes this

Interesting technique, yes your plant in your other topic grow verry tight!

Have a nice grow man :good:

12 hours after the photo collage above:

5a65b458aec09_Snap22_01_201809_51_34.thumb.png.9782dad0db2cd961daa2c075c3ea5ecc.png

M is doing great, and '3'  has it's stalk lengthening as well which I take to mean all is well underground with it's roots.

'2', which popped through the surface before '3' (hence why it's '2') must be struggling below.  It's growing very, very slowly (it's the one in the middle bottom above).  It's 2nd single leaf is starting to show so it's alive.  It reminds me of how IC started.  '4' has got greener but is the least happy.

I expect all of them to pull through as they're tenacious little plants.

Happy Growing!

3 people like this

They look goed shagg the cfl light dont let the germ stretch i think i need one like that for the future👍

1 person likes this

I've reviewed '4', and I don't think she's going to make it (although while it has green, I still have hope), so I have popped another bean in to soak.

I am the worlds worst young plant handler.

This time, as soon as it's cracked, it gets planted.

DSCF3548.JPG

Edited by ShaggyGrower
added photo
1 person likes this

Sorry to hear one of your seed wont probably make it.
As it happened to me, that one popped the surface, but had rotten leaves.
Maybe germination rate is just a bit lower than we all hoped (maybe 85-90%). 

You're not bad at this, Shaggy. It's just the way of nature: only the strongest survives. 
Maybe it's best this way: if the weakest survived among the strongest, then we'd be smoking horrible weed!

Btw, that pic with the male and female is just pure genious. Hairy boobs for the win!
Peace!

1 person likes this

Thanks @LedCherryBerry,

Yup, pure genius that pic - still making me laugh :)

"5" has sunk, so is now between the germination plates in a moist (not soggy) tissue.  Fingers crossed.  '4' seems a little greener.  Kinda want her to pull through, but kinda don't as I only want 4 plants in my tent this time as 5 is too crowded.

I'll take what life throws at me :)

Happy Growing!

1 person likes this

Damn, that's a weird situation to be in.
If i were you, i would keep the 3, and not try to germinate another one, as it'll be younger, and hard to keep track of different phases at once.
But since you are germinating another one, i would wait for it to pop, and if it does, i'd keep '5' instead of '4'. If 5 pops and is healthy, then it's better to get rid of the weak. You just want your grow to be the most succesful, not to be a nursery. 

At least, that's what i would do. 
Last grow i did, though, completely went against what i've just said so yea: it's up to you buddy :D

Happy growing to you too :3

1 person likes this

Hi @LedCherryBerry,

'5' is already part way through germination I think, ie, filled with water now, so I think it may be too late to stop her germinating without killing her.

It'll be a week behind, so not too much bother as long as I label each pot correctly I think.

If all 5 make it, I'll give one to my mate @THELOCKYONE who did not gain entry into the competition, so he can still grow a WR (his fav).

Happy Growing!

1 person likes this