ShaggyGrower - White Rhino and BIO Feeds test

So this is what you were shit-chatting about me behind my back.
Thank you @ShaggyGrower, i really did not expect that coming from you.
Not that i've ever offended your works, not that i've even wanted to, ever. 

I knew @I'm Sal took me in a bad way, and i tried to stay positive about it.
But this is just sad.

Just to clarify to Sal, no, i never told i'm experienced. I always told i'm NOT an expert, but that i had some experience when i was in my teens.

I'll stop updating the journal until the end of the contest, as it seems my work is not appreciated.
Thank you for the fake kind words.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, I'm Sal said:

I agree @LedCherryBerry, sad...very sad in fact but during the time you were proposing this grow I did actually tell you my concerns on the public forum and you took offence and blurted off.

After that we have had contact through PM and I have nothing but encouragement for you from that day forward.

You have to remember here that it was @ShaggyGrowerwho contacted me out of the blue regarding you.

You just might be getting hostile with the wrong guy who thought you may like to know that some are not what they seem.

Just saying and Happy Growing.

Before any misunderstanding rises, 
I'm not angry. I'm just deluded. And i'm not angry at you Sal.
Because there's a long way between "I was a little worried" to "the guy is full of crap" or "watching a train wreck" or "his deaf ears".
It is just mean and cruel. 

Also, i've never ever criticized anybody's work. More over, if i was giving wrong tips i am sorry, but i didn't mean to fuck other's things up.
I am here to learn, and if i'm mistaken about something i know, here i can correct it. 
I've always supported everybody's work, here. I am just too curious to see where things go, so i can decide for my future grows..
But getting heavily insulted for my passion and the way i've done it, is something that has never happened to me. It just hurts.

I hope one day @ShaggyGrower realizes what "private message" means, and keep such considerations for himself.
Tagging me was just plain cruel. 

"Happy" growing.

• Like 2

Gentlemen,

A number of posts above have been "Reported" to us Moderators.

I am informing you that the "Reports" as well as this entire TOPIC are now under Review by the Moderator Team.  Thereby, a number of other Moderators may be involved in making a decision regarding these "Reports".

I would highly recommend that you all calm down and refrain from using inappropriate language and offensive name-calling.

There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with one another, just please do so in a civil manner.

If there are any lies expressed, well, as misleading as they may be, there are no rules against expressing lies. 

But if those lies rise to the point of libel against another member, then we Moderators may have to step in.

If you detect that another member is stating untruths, then just let it be. 

Or if it is so extremely important a theme that you feel compelled to express a counter-arguement, then simply Quote the questionable post into your next post and write your counter-arguement against their statement, and then leave it alone.

If an untruth had been told, then it should be simply left to the readers to judge for themselves.

In all fairness, when quoting another Member, please do not change any text of what the other had written.

Further, in fairness to everyone who reads this, I shall state that every "Quote"-function within this forum is an "open-field" Quote-function, meaning that anything can be changed by the user who is performing the "Quote".  As you might well imagine, that pretty much destroys any judicial value it may have, meaning that it would have absolutely no merit in nearly any court of law.

But let us not speak about courts of law.

I feel assured that if things go too far, the Moderators would step in. 

Members may be restricted or banned, and this Topic and any other Topics deemed necessary by the Moderators can be deleted.

I have not issued a warning against anyone yet, hoping that you will find a suitable middle-course and resolve this in a civil manner.

Thank you.

Cannabissapean

• Like 5

Top left is 'M', bottom left is '3', top right is 'Bi', bottom right is 'Tri'.

They've all started growing much more vigorously so perhaps the nutrient & media & water combination at present is good.

Hmmm, might even be able to make competition harvest date.  Excellent.

Perlite (sieved) added to top of pots to prevent gnat flies entering media from the top. They were all given a root drench in 3% H2O2 a few days ago to hopefully kill gnat fly larvae.

Temps 65-75f; humidity 45-60%; 480rwHPS & 135rwLED. 

WR_11032018_collage.png

• Like 2

Tri and Bi are perfect plants.  Not a sign of deficiency or excess on them. 

They're at Day 45 and 42 since breaking soil, with an internode distance of 1 inch and they're 20cm and 18cm respectively and on their 10th set of nodes.

I have upped temps quite a bit to 70-85f to convince the girls it's the height of summer. Humidity is still 45-60%.

Not sure if they're going to be ready to harvest at the end of May for the competition, but getting placed in the competition is secondary for me (although that would be lovely).  Firstly, I want to produce a decent harvest in whatever time frame it takes. My other responsibility is to GHS&F. It is to produce a grow log as promised in exchange for the WR seeds & GHFeeding.  So I shall produce my grow log; try to get it all finished by the end of May but if that is not possible, then it will finish when it is good and ready to finish. 

My musings on other sites frequently contain links back to this site and grow logs, so hopefully that increases traffic & customers for GHS. Another thank you from me to the Greenhouse Seed Company.

To increase the chances of me being able to harvest by the end of May, I'm not going to top any of the plants now as that would stress them out and cause a delay.  This will be my first time growing a plant indoors from seed without topping/fimming.

M & 3 I will post updated progress on tomorrow.

The last of my first-to-know-what-I'm-growing grow has been harvested today (Dutch Dragon - Day 83 of flowering) and is hanging in front of me as I type, looking lovely and smelling just a good.  This means the small plants have my big tent to themselves.  The white board is working exceptionally well I think, and the gnat flies are really annoyed with the Perlite.

Bi:

Bi_GIF_001.thumb.gif.c31079debcddb8500cf4e912df9d5b27.gif

Tri:

Tri_GIF_001.thumb.gif.6f2afde638d44a961df36b48938b6432.gif

Happy Growing!

Edited by ShaggyGrower
Changed images to gifs
  • Like 2

My notes:

17/03/2018  - M=57, 3=55, Tri=49, Bi=50, DK=30, WB=29. BIOGROW added to Tri & Bi and leached in, others watered with 378ppm/6.2ph
M 3.175kg 500l  ph  ppm  c  ml-12%HP in,  ph  ppm  c l out  3.675kg wet   - OK
3 3.250kg 500l  ph  ppm  c  ml-12%HP in,  ph  ppm  c l out  3.750kg wet   - OK
Bi 3.200kg 2.1l  ph  ppm  c  ml-12%HP in,  ph  ppm  c l out  5.3kg wet   - OK
Tri 3.325kg 1.65l  ph  ppm  c  ml-12%HP in,  ph  ppm  c l out  4.975g wet   - OK
DK 800g  200l  ph  ppm  c  ml-12%HP in,  ph  ppm  c l out  1000g wet   - OK
WB 800g  200l  ph  ppm  c  ml-12%HP in,  ph  ppm  c l out  1000g wet   - OK

18/03/2018  - M=58, 3=56, Tri=50, Bi=51, DK=31, WB=30.  Happy campers - phew!
M 3.325kg l  ph  ppm  c  ml-12%HP in,  ph  ppm  c l out  3.325kg wet   - Look at watering tomorrow
3 3.425kg l  ph  ppm  c  ml-12%HP in,  ph  ppm  c l out  3.425kg wet   - OK
Bi 4.825kg l  ph  ppm  c  ml-12%HP in,  ph  ppm  c l out  4.825kg wet   - OK
Tri 4.500kg l  ph  ppm  c  ml-12%HP in,  ph  ppm  c l out  4.500g wet   - OK
DK 925g  l  ph  ppm  c  ml-12%HP in,  ph  ppm  c l out  925g wet   - Look at watering tomorrow
WB 925g  l  ph  ppm  c  ml-12%HP in,  ph  ppm  c l out  925g wet   - Look at watering tomorrow

Dates/Days of veg/flower/whatever can be worked out using this (I don't have the numbers in my head, apart from sprout date which is all I need with the following link): https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

Base weights for the 11l pots is 3.6kg if you remember.  I've been letting the pots get to ~3.2kg (exceptionally dry) before giving a little water (up to 3.7/8kg).

Tri & Bi were given a feed leach-in yesterday.  Overnight they have relatively exploded.

Tri_Bi_After_Big_Feed.thumb.png.10df216288f9c05b93dc56f7b7e9faee.png

I've rearranged the plants so their canopy's are all about the same distance from the lights (with White Berry and Dutch Kush [non comp entries if you were wondering what those were [green pots]) a little further away]).

DSCF4291.thumb.JPG.169adbc88ee4ab89644c51599e1d4564.JPG

HPS dialled to 600w now (660rw) that goes with the 135rw LED.  My 1.2m2x2m tent is effectively (with the whiteboard) a 0.6x0.7m2x2m tent.  Carbon filter unattached from extractor fan as there is no smell to clean (and the extractor works better without it, although noisier).

Temps 60-90f; humidity 27-50%; foliar spraying 3x per day.  Temp ranges large because I want stretching.  Humidity low ergo the regular foliar spraying. 

Happy Growing!

• Like 2

Tri and Bi transplanted today into their final BIG pot.  I was considering leaving them in the 11l pots, but decided to go bigger again.  Looking at those roots, I'm glad I did!

Tri:

DSCF4317.thumb.JPG.eed6e2a481e820acb0f889c5fc51be68.JPG

Bi:

DSCF4316.thumb.JPG.cc3007d5a17e2f14c2155de7b3a5fbdc.JPG

Washed clay pebbled in the bottom, then some rinsed & recycled perlite & coco from the first-to-know-what-I'm-growing pots - might as well use it again as it's been rinsed of salts and I want the perlite more than anything.

DSCF4313.thumb.JPG.f11e941572efcb1de70b8c08c25efb2e.JPG

Some BIOBloom mixed in to each pot.:

DSCF4312.thumb.JPG.75a5cf15849f456aa0b6e608ef790898.JPG

A bit of BioGrow mixed into the media that goes around the side of the pot.

Here are the girls with their knickers showing.

DSCF4314.thumb.JPG.fcbae6b03fea664aa74b567f8f75130b.JPG

This photo shows some BioGrow that's still needs to be leached in - I have an idea for that for later:

DSCF4315.thumb.JPG.301a61ea829c7b2630ef79cd24d3c73e.JPG

Happy Growing!

DSCF4318.JPG

• Like 2

Hello!!

The documentary about the adventures of a mosquito deserves a prize, it is sure to be nominated for the Oscars of 2018 ) haha, well, the evolution of the plants is impressive. Very good work, they seem to have come back from the dead.

I am still attentive to evolution :)

Greetings

• Like 1

Two days ago Bi & Tri started their transition to flowering by being moved into their final big pots (46l) with BioBloom (41g) in that pot (together with a little BioGrow [5g]).

They have recovered from the transplant well and are growing vigorously again, so it the second stage of transition now - leaching time.

I noticed that a crust of BioGrow was around the edges of my pots (see photo two days ago). 

So I let the pots go dry, and have watered the plants with ~10-11l of ph 6.2 280ppm (made up of rain water [80] and cal-mag-boron-silicon [200]).

This much water should act as a leach, ie, mix in all the BioGrow & Bloom from all over the pot.

PPM of the runoff was high for both, as expected. 1712ppm (ec 3.424) for Tri and 2012ppm (ec 4.036) for Bi. PH was 6.5 so fine.  Wet weights were 18.4kg and 17.4kg respectively, so they took on ~ 7l each.  Had ~3.3l of run off for both, so will keep that aside for later.

Happy Growing!

• Like 1

Tri & Bi have recovered from their transplanting and leaching by showing massive growth.  Bi grew 4cm just last night!

Tri and Bi will begin their 24hr of darkness tonight at 8pm.  M & 3 will stay on 18 hours of veg (together with White Berry & Dutch Kush).

It's going to be hot-swapping hell for the next couple of weeks as I will need to take Tri & Bi out of the tent and put their 'hats' on (details tomorrow) for 6 hours of darkness, until I want to flip M & 3 to flower.

Low humidity during the day is sorted by foliar spraying, and last night I tested turning the extractor off and found that humidity stayed ~60% - perfect.

Whiteboard is working very well.  Three small fans point at the top of the substrate to annoy gnat flies / dry out perlite / air over lower leafs.  I have two larger fans. One blowing across the HPS light to cool it down, and one on the floor blowing colder air upwards.

M & 3, especially 3, are growing nicely.  3 was praying this morning to the ganga gods and thanking them for the chance of life - lol.

Light schedule is 1hr of 135rw LED for an hour at sunrise, an hour at sunset, and seven hours from 12-7pm.  660rw HPS for 16hrs in the middle.

Photo:

DSCF4338.thumb.JPG.25444b6add5eaea8d4b6b4aefe3e13f3.JPG

DSCF4339.thumb.JPG.7c4433943c1d85066899ddf4d18a12a9.JPG

DSCF4340.thumb.JPG.b9ac09ec9e291cfd467a4b66ecd12801.JPG

DSCF4341.thumb.JPG.7d22dec2029ae3d12ce208f460637936.JPG

DSCF4342.thumb.JPG.b4284f69d17f137a255d4b56ef5932ac.JPG

DSCF4343.thumb.JPG.196eb656d70571b8664b846742909713.JPG

DSCF4344.thumb.JPG.0e3e7dfb3296255f8027ca468fc1d02a.JPG

DSCF4326.thumb.JPG.3e6f95e722adb28fdf07df9957eb69ce.JPG

Happy Growing!

• Like 3

I've selected Bi as the plant that is most likely to be ready to be harvested by competition end date.

She's 32cm tall and growing quickly, with the side shoots coming out from hiding under some quite thick stem leaves.

That's something I'm noticing about these WR, the shoots hide beneath the stem leaves for a looooooong time. 

She's in a 24hrs of darkness period (6 hours in) to hopefully help initiate flowering.

Happy Growing!

• Like 2

A short video of the girls this morning.  They have had a small defoliation of the bottom stems & leafs, and some side shoots form higher up side shoots.

Tri will go into 30hrs of darkness tonight at midnight as she's really filled out of the last two days:

Happy Growing!

• Like 2

Tri went into darkness last night at 7pm after a 12hr day on day 60 since breaking soil.  She'll be in darkness all day today.  Bi will join her this evening at 7pm for her night.

They will both be brought out at 7am tomorrow morning where they join the others for an hour of 135rw of LED 'sunrise' followed by 11hrs 660rw of HPS (3hrs of LED from noon-3pm also - 'highnoon') before being put back into darkness at 7pm while the others have another 5hrs of HPS and 1hr of 135rw of LED 'sunset'.

Bi will have had three more days of flowering transition than Tri.  Lets hope this darkness routine does hurry up flowering. Fingers crossed.

Extractor fan only on during daytime.  At night it's off to help up humidity, although the airflow fans are still going.

Tri before going into darkness.  Ruler is a 30cm from media for an idea of height/scale:

DSCF4398_and_DSCF4397.thumb.png.1524300b38ef2a908e2e8b59806ce5c9.png

'High noon'. Largest fan blows across the HPS light.  There is a piece of Perspex plastic taped under the light to act as a cool-tube (reduces leaf temp by 7c compared to not on).  Fan far right is upside down to blow air under the pots/ circulate colder air.  LED at a angle of about 65 degrees. Spray bottle in there to keep warm.  Canes used for LSTing and placed in media before roots had time to grow to them (ie, just after transplanting, so as not to damage roots):

DSCF4399.thumb.JPG.e073c20cbcba1793faf68eb9a75221a8.JPG

Happy Growing!

• Like 2

63 days (9 weeks) until the end of the competition. All four WR are now on 12/12.  M & 3 where flipped last night with no extended dark period.  They will be staying in their 11l pots as a test vs my usual 46l final pots.

No more hot-swapping for the WR.  The four plants are on 12/12 so they get the big tent.  DK & WB are moved to a small room (with the 135rw LED on from 7pm-1pm) and then moved to the big tent at 7am.

M was defoliated and pruned of small shoots & leaves, so was 3 to a lesser extent.

Bi [Day 5 of flowering] was defoliated, pruned of lower shoots, and LST'd.  Tri was defoliated a lot more than Bi down low and inside, with four of her small stems into Rootit sponges to see if they'll make clones.

The defoliation consists of removing some lowest main stem fan leaves and some lower pruning of the stem shoots' lowest leafs & shoots.  I've defoliated/pruned now so the plant can concentrate on forming pistils on the sites I want; and so there are no dark places in the middle of the plant for mold/pests to make their home.

In week 2/3 of flower and I'll select which side shoots to keep and which to chop off for additional clones/compost.

Foliar spray has been changed to Rain Water (25ppm).  There some excesses showing on some of the older stem fan leaves on Bi.  I suspected this might happen as BioGrow & BioBloom are in the big pot (lots of nutes).  Not a big problem at the moment and hopefully foliar spraying with very low ppm will enable the plant lower the concentrations of excesses (ppm) in itself.  Granted, immobile nutrient excesses (nitrogen for instance) are difficult fix, apart from chopping the leaf with the excess.  I choose to let the plant build up these excesses a lot on the older leaves, and then chop them off.  Once I chop them, any additional  excess will go into the next oldest leaves, etc etc.

I'm finding that they don't use a lot of water, although I am foliar spraying so this will account for a bit of this.

Bi and Tri where flushed 8 days ago and weighed 18.4kg and 17.4kg respectively. Today they are 15.4kg and 14.4kg respectively.  That's not a lot of water use over 8 days imv. I think I must have been very close to root-rotting Bi & Tri.  They still have ~ 10 days water in them, so 18 days in total (they'll be dry about 10.5-11.0kg) which I think is a long time between waterings.

Photo's:

M:

DSCF4427.thumb.JPG.73c3c98230acdcc33e97330d41ec6262.JPGDSCF4428.thumb.JPG.4606bf1c28e181f12e3f8e10787bbf54.JPG

3:

DSCF4429.thumb.JPG.dbfe1acf3aca390eb40a47a6ed929af5.JPGDSCF4430.thumb.JPG.e8c016f48c03521d941941f0a733eda1.JPG

Bi:

DSCF4432.thumb.JPG.eb31a23388d91b87f3f07e59a3fb0a8c.JPGDSCF4433.thumb.JPG.d9cefd99ac4d2624850614b8e1f1b7fa.JPG

Tri:

DSCF4434.thumb.JPG.69ba30d81a800e4a9a21eda061f02b7d.JPG

DSCF4435.thumb.JPG.86152fe0814e039d3119985ae47f59cb.JPG

Happy Growing!

• Like 4

M=74[5], 3=73[5], Tri=66[6], Bi=67[9]. 59 DAYS LEFT. (large number = days since breaking soil; [days since 12/12 flip].

All plants showing lots of pre-flower double-pistels. Bi is 49cm tall; Tri is 47cm; M is 29 cm, and 3 is 27cm. They're all about the same width as they are in height. Mostly long chunky leafs, with some ~15cm long.

Some slight signs of nute burn on the tips of some leaves (yellow), mostly on newer growth.  Some necrosis and chlorosis on older main stem fan leaves.  Nothing that's worrying me, indeed it's interesting to see what the plants do with a slight excess in nutrients/toxins, ie, what it seems to do with them.

I've taken some clones from the bottom of the plants, ie, pruned and put the clippings in some rooting powder then into Rootit! sponges - lets see what happens (I have never attempted to create a clone before). I'd normally compost any clippings, but I figure if they survive, the weather outside will be conducive to their growing in a month or so.

Had an issue Sunday morning with temps getting to 100c for about 3 hours.  Some slight burn on a few top leaves, but hopefully nothing too bad and permanent.

My tent smells like a bakery in the morning with a very yeasty smell coming from my tent.  That'd be the CO2 generator I made.  Extractor fan is not on during the night to help with humidity and to keep the CO2 in the tent.  Still experimenting as to when it needs to come on.  Next purchase when money allows will be some kind of controller to turn stuff on when temps/humidity reach certain values.

If you remember, when I flushed Bi and Tri on 22nd March I wrote, "Had ~3.3l of run off for both, so will keep that aside for later."

My reasoning for this is different to @jan.gh who has written, "In my opinion it will not wash out the BioGrow / BioBloom since it is slow release and not watersoluble "

My reasoning is that some of the ingredients ARE water soluble, it says so on the packaging's.  Both the Potassium and Phosphorous elements in BioGrow and BioBloom are stated as "soluble in water".

I have tested the nearly two week old runoff.  Same ppm as originally (~1800ppm) and ph 7.6.  So I have diluted it down to 340ppm with a ph of 6.1 and watered Bi & Tri with a litre each.  Hopefully any water dissolved PK will get back into the media.

I'll edit in pictures to this post later this afternoon.

Edit:  This is Tri.  LST'd with nice node spacings & stretching.

output_91rnKM.gif.ddd6d21bab3eee57bd39fca601899017.gif

Happy Growing!

• Like 1

Trying something different with Bi.  Instead of defoliating, I'm leaf tucking where I can.  Hopefully this will shock/delay the plant less.

The middle main stem fan leaves are quite large.  I've tucked, with plant clips, those four pairs (8 very large leaves) of those large leaves to a stem three nodes down.

Light can penetrate better, and the leaf is still attached to the plant so that plant can extract nutrients / dump more toxins in it, and frankly, they get some light.

Seems to me that cannabis plants try to get toxins/waste out of their roots first, and when they can't they dump them in the oldest leaves which are the main stem fan leaves (not necessarily the lowest leaves on the plant).  While those leaves can be dumped into, I don't want to remove them or the plant will start dumping in the next oldest leaves.

I'm pruning any 2nd tier side shoots that come off main side shoots, up to 2-3 nodes along.  I think I am going to have lots of stems, so just want cola's on the end and not much growing down below or middle of stem.

DSCF4459.thumb.JPG.074a14b9d18df2c7e77551b4e2c6be90.JPG

DSCF4458.thumb.JPG.bdbd540849409902c697e146d6d9075f.JPG

DSCF4474.thumb.JPG.d9d454f8b5d6b19f4f3ae7d09f9f144c.JPG

Happy Growing!

• Like 2