I'm Sal

GHSC White Rhinoceros LED Party hosted by I'm Sal

37 posts in this topic

Hi All,

This grow will start mid January to end February depending on the weather.

First grow for 2018 and it's the Indica prominent White Rhino.

Perfect for extreme LST and....maybe SCROG. Lets see when we get to that stage.

Anyways, list of bits and bobs I'll be using for this:

EQUIPMENT:

BudBox Pro 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m (White Interior)

RAM 5" Carbon Filter 350m/hr

RAM 5" Extraction Fan 378m/hr on controller 

RAM 4" Fan 277m/hr on controller (ACTIVE INTAKE THROUGH SPARE CF TO MINIMIZE PESTS)

2 x 80w Tube Heaters

The combination above creates a nice environment for 8/9 months of the year until winter comes when it is too cold to grow as stealthy as I like..

MEDIA & FEED:

50% Bio Bizz Light Mix

25% Coco

25% Perlite

A test mix I have been playing with which might suit the GHSC feed well as there will be very minimal nutritional value in the media. 

Not a fan of forever potting up so the seeds will be germed in 3lt pots then onto 11ltr final pots.

5 x 3lt pots (GERMINATION / EARLY VEG)

5 x 11lt pots (FINAL POT)

Feed will be solely GHSC GROW, BLOOM & ENHANCER and NOTHING else

LED:

2 x ViparSpectra 450w (TRUE WATTAGE approx 200w each)

1 x Go Grow V1 Master Grower 600w (TRUE WATTAGE approx 200w)

Early veg will be under 1 x ViparSpectra than the other LED's will be steadily introduced until all 3 units are up and running during flower.

I want a nice thick canopy to aim at and this "crash of Rhinos" are very nice candidates to play with.

Looking forward to the New Year to get started.

Goodluck all

9 people like this

Come on partner that we are eager to see you in action

Greetings and luck

Arrankeddj

1 person likes this

Had a little "Dry Run" a few days ago to test temps.

I can't get over 22.6C lights on therefore my start will not be happening until this improves to a constant 26C at least.

February is the likely month to start for me.

2 people like this

Happy New Year friend!! :)

That configuration looks very good, I'm looking forward to seeing results !! It will be without a doubt, very interesting.

Regards!

After a quick relocation for the seedling stage due to temp issues, I have decided to start earlier than I first thought but in a warmer place.

Hoping for a 100% germination rate. 

5 seeds soaking for around 12hrs or so then straight into small pots with Bio Bizz Light Mix only and covered with cling film until they break soil surface.

Lets see how long they take to show themselves.

IMG_7844.JPG

IMG_7843.JPG

5 people like this

Good start, brother.

Greetings and luck

Arrankeddj 

2 people like this

After a soak of about 16hrs they have gone straight into tiny pots.

Just a waiting game now.

Hope all 5 seeds make it because I did not put any extras in.

IMG_7846.JPG

IMG_7845.JPG

5 people like this

Nice start, earlier than you expected.

They all got their own little propagator, there in good hands

so im pretty sure of 100% germination.

Good luck and have fun bro.

PEACE

3 people like this

11 hours ago, slimjim said:

Nice start, earlier than you expected.

They all got their own little propagator, there in good hands

so im pretty sure of 100% germination.

Good luck and have fun bro.

PEACE

Yes @slimjim, earlier because, if need be, I could either add an oil filled radiator to knock the temps up a little or keep them indoors and play around with them a little more during a couple more weeks veg.

Not decided yet and certainly cannot count my chickens before they have hatched.

So far none have surfaced but I was not expecting them so soon.

Couple more days I would imagine and hopefully all 5 are up and running.

100% germination would be great as I do want to do all 5.

4 people like this

Hi mate,

Love to see the grow rate of the Rhino under leds!

Good grow

2 people like this

Just prepared some small LEDs (12W) for the forthcoming youngsters.

One is mainly "blue" with the other mainly "red" and they are very good for newly sprouted seedlings.

Here is a few pictures of them because the "blue" one will be in use soon I should imagine.

When the seeds break the soil these small LEDs are perfect for a week to get them ready for proper veg.

IMG_7861.JPG

IMG_7859.JPG

IMG_7856.JPG

IMG_7858.JPG

3 people like this

From seed packet to breaking soil within 4 days seems to have produced 5 baby Rhinos.

The plant in the centre is struggling a little with the "skin" of the inner seed shell tight around the cotyledons but it should work its way out, whilst still under and within the moisture of the clear plastic cup (DIY propagator).

The other 4 seedlings seem to be fine and I have taken off the clear plastic cups but all 5 seedlings are under the small (12w) "blue" LED I showed you all above.

No real worries so far and pleased with the germination rate which I was fairly sure of from past experience with GHSC.

Anyways, here are the baby Rhinos.

IMG_7863.JPG

IMG_7862.JPG

5 people like this

Mixed the media for the plants today. 

Because of the packaging sizes i have used the following ratios:

2 x 20ltrs Bio Bizz Light Mix

11ltrs UGRO Coco

10ltrs PlantIT Perlite

Percentages ratios are as follows:

65.6% Light Mix Soil

18% Coco

16.4% Perlite

The ratios above are different to my proposed ratio but I will keep with this revised mixture. It feels nice.

As for feed, I have not added any yet because I simply mixed the total soil for the entire grow, including potting up. I will add the feed when I fill each individual pot because it will be more accurate this way.

Anyways, here are a few boring pictures of my soil mix

The baby Rhinos are doing well by the way. There will be 5 for sure.

IMG_7865.JPG

IMG_7867.JPG

IMG_7868.JPG

IMG_7869.JPG

IMG_7870.JPG

IMG_7871.JPG

IMG_7872.JPG

IMG_7873.JPG

IMG_7874.JPG

3 people like this

Here they are, 5 baby Rhinos.

Despite the 2 x 12W LEDs close on them for 2 days I have 4 leggy plants and 1 slower plant.

All are fine and fantastic germination rate. Hats off to @joseand GHSC making this 100% germination possible. Very stable seeds from a very reliable seedback in my years of experience with them despite the naysayers.

As you can see, the temp is a little high but I have turned 1 heater off to lower it a little.

The leggy plants can have most part of their stems buried when repotted if need be so not an issue at all. I might even leave the to give headstart on height with consideration of a SCROG net. Sooner they get a bit of height they can be trained sideways under a SCROG net instead of wasting time waiting for them to gain that height.....just a thought. I have ALWAYS buried leggy stems but I just might try the opposite this time.

These 5 will be left a couple more days (weekend maybe) until roots appear from the pot bottoms then repotted into 3ltr pots with GHSC Grow and Enhancer. 

The picture show all plants and also a couple of close ups of the slow one. It will be fine now, its forming its first true set of leaves so well on the way.

Comments and opinions are very welcome.

IMG_7876.JPG

IMG_7879.JPG

IMG_7877.JPG

3 people like this

berry work you've had in moving that land to the next uses a concrete mixer

luck in your cultivation I remain attentive friend

1 person likes this

Just planning on repotting these 5 babies into 3ltr pots and I see an issue.

My plan is use 3ltr pots for early veg and then onto their final pots which will be 11ltrs for late veg and flower so only 2 more repots.

If I apply the GHSC GROW feed to the 3ltr pots now it means that when I repot again to their final 11ltr pots I will have to use the GHSC BLOOM feed.

This is the issue, I want to repot into their final 11ltr pots whilst still in mid veg and not only during flower. 

These 5 plants will be in their final 11ltr pots within the next 4-5 weeks and by this time they will still be in veg.

To get around this I have prepared the 5 x 3ltr pots with my media only and I will use GHSC ENHANCER as it should be applied via hand watering and GHSC GROW will be applied as a top dressing as instructed as an alternative to mixing with the media.

IMG_7880.thumb.JPG.60a00c936af9803a272de32e83aa1a63.JPG

When I have repotted the 5 plants into their new homes they will be under 1 x ViparSpectra 450W (approx 200w REAL watts from the wall) with both the veg and bloom switches on.

IMG_7881.thumb.JPG.1657b161c160ee19ace6d72b86caaff5.JPG

IMG_7882.thumb.JPG.f44661083b702e23442bc263562113c2.JPG

1 LED unit will be fine for the early stages and lets see how they progress.

More pictures after I have done repotting.

Thanks

4 people like this

Hi All,

The 5 baby Rhinos have been re-potted into 3lts pots and watered with GHSC Enhancer. 

All under 1 x ViparSpectra 450 LED unit which draws a REAL wattage of approx 200 watts with both the "VEG" & "BLOOM" switches on. I have both "VEG" & "BLOOM" on and the light schedule is 20/4 eventually with a 18/6 "VEG" cycle soon.

Temps are nice between 22C (LIGHT OFF) & 27C (LIGHT ON).

Exactly 1 week after breaking soil and now they are under a more suitable LED unit they should come on well hopefully.

IMG_7893.JPG

IMG_7892.JPG

IMG_7895.JPG

4 people like this

@I'm Sal

Hello sal waht divices you use to increase your humidity

Hey Sal, 
Nice looking girls you got there! 
Sorry for asking this (maybe it was already explained but i missed it), what's the white device on the right of the last photo?
Curious thingie..

Another tech question. I am looking for a change in lights (for future grows), and when i bought my 8 lights, i was very, very interested in ViparSpectra (but then opted for adjustable height, which was pretty useless on a scale so small). 
Have you already grown something with those lamps? Are you comfortable with them? 
I'll need to change lights as the rack i've built requires 8 sockets, those 2 lamps only.. well, 2. 

Anyway, can't wait to see those girls develop. They look already amazing!

18 hours ago, g22 said:

@I'm Sal

Hello sal waht divices you use to increase your humidity

Always been fairly lucky with RH @g22

I think using LEDs keep the RH within a closer range than HPS and I can honestly say all I have ever done is add a few high humidity collection bags during the late stages of flowering due to higher than happy with RH at over 50%.

As you can see, these 5 currently stand at a RH of around 70%, this is fine with me and I have found that by increasing the LED unit the RH comes down nicely as the grow progresses.

Anyways, no need for RH "devices" to alter such small grows as this. Big grows I totally agree but with something like this there are fixes.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, LedCherryBerry said:

Hey Sal, 
Sorry for asking this (maybe it was already explained but i missed it), what's the white device on the right of the last photo?
Curious thingie..

It says "Thermo-hydrometer" on the front of the white device, @g22

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, LedCherryBerry said:

Hey Sal, 
Curious thingie..

Another tech question. I am looking for a change in lights (for future grows), and when i bought my 8 lights, i was very, very interested in ViparSpectra (but then opted for adjustable height, which was pretty useless on a scale so small). 
Have you already grown something with those lamps? Are you comfortable with them? 
I'll need to change lights as the rack i've built requires 8 sockets, those 2 lamps only.. well, 2. 

Anyway, can't wait to see those girls develop. They look already amazing!

HI @LedCherryBerry, is a camera, it allows me to pay much less visits to the outhouse to check all is ok. I can go days without going near the tent but still keep a check on temps, RH and general health of the plants via my cell phone. Personally it is a great help because I still have a close eye on the plants whilst being an infrequent visitor to the tent.

As for the ViparSpectra LEDs, I have 2 x 450w and the suit me perfectly fine. They are brilliant from start to finish but, although I have completed many grows with them, I have always used them alongside a Go Grow V1 Master Grower (more RED) during "12/12".

Hand on heart, I have had no issues with any of my ViparSpectras and would recommend them without a doubt.

1 person likes this

@I'm Sal

So you think the rh is shut down from the  heat of the hps ?

18 hours ago, g22 said:

@I'm Sal

So you think the rh is shut down from the  heat of the hps ?

Hi @g22

From past experience with HPS I have found that managing RH is more complicated than with LEDs.

Each to their own but personally and hope I am not tempting fate by saying this but........whilst using LEDs I have not really had an RH problem that cannot be easily fixed.

If I can keep them around 60% to 70% when young and steady decreasing to an eventual 35% to 45% for late flower I am happy with that. So far this has been the case with my set up using the LEDs. 

2 people like this