I'm Sal

GHSC White Rhinoceros LED Party hosted by I'm Sal

79 posts in this topic

Hello @I'm Sal

Your plants looks wonderfull dude, well done. And what a impressive vigor!

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, OG.Naj said:

Hello @I'm Sal

Your plants looks wonderfull dude, well done. And what a impressive vigor!

many thanks for the postive comments @OG.Naj.

I must admit, these 5 plants do seem to be unusually fast. My last grow was Autos so maybe I am a little out of touch with photoperiod but even so...these as a fast as f*$K it seems.

So much vigor as you say.

1 person likes this

Excellent training cant wait to see these in a week.

All going well here, enjoy the grow.

Peace

1 person likes this

Cheers @slimjim, I have really been brutal with the LSTing but within a few hours they were all reaching for the light again. They really do seem to have so much strength and vigor for plants that are not even 4 weeks old yet!

As you can see I did a fair bit of defoliation too but now they have all adjusted to their new position, it seems like I have not done any defoliation.

More of the same is planned, just LST and more veg. Might decide against a SCROG net but unsure just yet. I will see how these progress in a week or so as you say.

Thanks again. 

1 person likes this

As my previous post stated..."I have really been brutal with the LSTing" and as a result today we have the main cola of 1 plant completely gone.

I did try a fix right away but you quickly know if it is going to work out well....unfortunately this main cola will not make it any further.

Not overly concerned at all really, these things happens and I've done it many times before, it will just slow the plant down for a few days and what the plant has lost here it will gain elsewhere.

IMG_8001.JPG

IMG_7998.JPG

2 people like this

Its a damn shame, however we sometimes go

that little to far.

peace

1 person likes this

Thats make you a "good topping" :pleasantry:

Maybe your plant become more bushy with that!

Have a nice beautifull day dude

1 person likes this

Just been for a quick look at the Rhinos and they are not at all "babies" anymore.

No pictures until the weekend at the earliest and you will how much they are coming on. They have plenty of arms and a super structure.

The way this grow is going I will have to consider the flip to 12/12 sooner than I thought because these are going to be very bushy Rhinos with lots of colas. 

Hi Everyone,

Slight change of plan here because I have been called away for a long weekend (Friday to Monday) so won't be around for an update during that time as planned.

Anyway, here is where I am.....

For plants being just 30 days old today, since breaking soil, I have never seen such vigor which I can recall. These 5 Rhinos have been showing altering nodes for at least a week and as they stand now they could be flipped into flower no problem.

I was actually thinking of flipping them into flower this weekend but since I won't be around, I have decided to wait.

So far these have been an absolute pleasure to grow, vigorous, trouble free and healthy as can be. I think this has been a combination of factors, primarily the use of GHSC Bio Enhancer and also the growing media mix (Bio Bizz Light Mix / Coco / Perlite).

These Rhinos have NOT been fed any GHSC Bio Grow simply because I did not want to run the risk of overfeeding considering all the 5 Rhinos have been racing along. You can see by the pictures that all plants are very healthy from the little nutrients they should/would be getting in the growing media and also the GHSC Bio Enhancer alone.

All 5 plants have been watered today and it was about 2 weeks since their last dose of GHSC Bio Enhancer so they all got more today. Only at the lesser dosage recommendation of 1/2g per litre of water. Also they got 0.25ml per litre of Cal-Mag simply because when using LED's these nutrients are used at a much faster rate and I have always added minimal amounts to all my grows with no ill effect.

Since I grow in many soil, I never PH as the soil sorts that out but out of curiosity I did check the PH today. Nutrient rich water going in today was a PH of 7.1, there was about 1/2ltr of run off from each plant and all 5 had a PH of 6.4 to 6.5. Sounds about right to me within the pot media so all appears fine but with soil the PH should be near as damn it most of the time.

The 2 Rhinos in the 15ltr pot got 3ltrs each and the 3 Rhinos in the 11ltr got 2.5 ltrs each and all left about 1/2ltr run off. Hopefully this watering will last them until next week as I want them dry when I get back.

Well, some pictures, what do you all think about these for just 30 days old..........

IMG_8002.JPG

IMG_8003.JPG

IMG_8004.JPG

IMG_8005.JPG

IMG_8008.JPG

IMG_8009.JPG

IMG_8011.JPG

IMG_8012.JPG

IMG_8013.JPG

IMG_8014.JPG

IMG_8016.JPG

IMG_8021.JPG

5 people like this

Incredible production in here, very healthy plants.

I agree next stage just round the corner, after

spotting the hidden heaters and looking at the tops

i wonder if thats your secret a little under heat.

Na no secrets just one hell of a farmer.

PEACE

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, slimjim said:

Incredible production in here, very healthy plants.

I agree next stage just round the corner, after

spotting the hidden heaters and looking at the tops

i wonder if thats your secret a little under heat.

Na no secrets just one hell of a farmer.

PEACE

Thanks for the positive comments @slimjim.

As for the heaters, they are no secret. They are purposefully fixed under the pallet the plants sit on. They are set via thermostat and should the temps get below 23c they both kick in. They sometime kick in during lights out but when lights on the LED units keep it all nice.

Because the heaters are permanently fixed I have just left them there because in the colder months I need them but fine otherwise. They are 80watts each and do the job great for keeping the roots from serious cold.

Hope this helps.

1 person likes this

@I'm Sal Your plants looks really good... Nice job bro. Wish you the best for the contest ! Salute !

Evolution666

1 person likes this

Hello!!

To have only 30 days, I see them very well friend. Good development, good branches, everything perfect ...

In my opinion you are doing a very good job :)

2 people like this

bro.. great work! they happy asf!

Hi Everyone,

Back earlier than expected so an update.

All 5 Rhinos have come on very well since last Wednesday.

35 days old from breaking soil and after extreme LST they need to be flipped to 12/12 very soon because I could have the potential to run out of space during their stretch. They are in a 1.2m x 1.2m Bud Box Pro and they have filled the space very quickly.

As previously posted, as seedlings they had a few days under 2 small LED bulbs then straight under 1 x ViparSpectra 450w to which another ViparSpectra 450w was added during the last 10 days / 2 weeks up to where we are today.

All that has been fed is GHSC Bio Enhancer (twice only since potting up to these final pots) and a touch of CAL-MAG. The 2 Rhinos in the 15ltr pots can cope with 3lts and the 3 Rhinos in the 11ltr pots can cope with 2.5lts both with about 0.5ltr run off.

Not much else to say really except all appears to be going very well, all plants seem to be in tip top health and I will make the decision to switch to 12/12 maybe today even because I am thinking about space. 

Anyways, pictures without lights, just flash and you can see that all plants are in fine health.

IMG_8023.JPG

IMG_8024.JPG

IMG_8025.JPG

IMG_8026.JPG

IMG_8027.JPG

IMG_8028.JPG

IMG_8029.JPG

IMG_8030.JPG

IMG_8031.JPG

IMG_8032.JPG

IMG_8033.JPG

IMG_8034.JPG

IMG_8035.JPG

IMG_8036.JPG

IMG_8037.JPG

IMG_8038.JPG

IMG_8039.JPG

4 people like this

The timer has just been changed.

After 35 days since sprouting the flip to flowering has begun, 12.25 lights off / 11.45 lights on using 2 x ViparSpectra 450w. One of these units will be replaced by a GoGrow (formerly Virgin Bourneo) V1 Master Grower 600w which runs at approx 200 REAL watts with the following specifications:

A1.jpg

A2.jpg

A3.jpg

A4.jpg

2 people like this

Amazing... they look really good ! 

Cheers & salute !

Evolution666

1 person likes this

Those are not plants anymore..
Those are MONSTERS! Holy Cow!

Very nice looking girls you got there ;)

22 hours ago, evolution666 said:

Amazing... they look really good ! 

Cheers & salute !

Evolution666

Thanks @evolution666, yeah they do seem to be doing well for their age.

Lets see how long it is before the pistils start forming.

1 hour ago, LedCherryBerry said:

Those are not plants anymore..
Those are MONSTERS! Holy Cow!

Very nice looking girls you got there ;)

Cheers @LedCherryBerry, will have to keep an eye on their stretch because I do think it could get tight in there.

So far they are all very uniform and, hopefully, I can now leave them to gain some vertical height (no more LSTing if possible) all at the same time.

2 people like this

I am wondering, isn't a vertical scrog (cilindrical rather than flat) a good way to contain her expansion? 
They would still receive an even amount of light, but limit the lateral growth by tying her to the net.

I do not intend to direct your growth, just a question-suggestion.

This doesn't change your plants are freakin awesome, and you're doing a marvellous job. Well done!

22 hours ago, LedCherryBerry said:

I am wondering, isn't a vertical scrog (cilindrical rather than flat) a good way to contain her expansion? 
They would still receive an even amount of light, but limit the lateral growth by tying her to the net.

I do not intend to direct your growth, just a question-suggestion.

This doesn't change your plants are freakin awesome, and you're doing a marvellous job. Well done!

I did consider using a SCROG net with these @LedCherryBerry and I usually do but since the LSTing seemed to be doing the trick I decided not to use it.

Besides, when I use a SCROG net I always end up removing (cutting it out) after they have had their 12/12 stretch because I find the net hinders maintenance when the plants are budding and need a closer eye kept on them.

As for vertical SCROG, nahhh....not for me, no need to fix the unbroken and the usual SCROG method is just fine when needed. 

These Rhinos will gain their vertical height over the next 10 days or so, by which time there should be a nice height of tops to bud up. Hoping, eventually because of their uniformity so far, for a nice plentiful canopy of colas all firmly standing proudly come harvest time. If this is the case the top colas will come off first and the bottoms left to "cook" a little more. 

1 person likes this

Hey Sal, 
I get what you mean. 

I'm going to follow your work closely from now on, as you already switched to 12-12, and i want to understand how much they're going to stretch (in average).
I also considered trying to SCROG (It would've been my first time), but in my case the plant grew sturdy and little since the beginning, so instead of playing with her for no reason, i opted for some soft LST at the lower branches.
As for the Vertical scrog, as you said, no need to fix it if you feel safe with what you got, and probably wouldn't even have fixed the problem (which imo isn't a problem, more a minor issue). 

I can confirm what you said, cutting the top colas and "cooking" a bit more is the right way to go. Yes, it'll stress just a bit the plant, but overall she's going to die anyway.
The first plant i've ever grown had an immense main cola, and a lot of popcorn beneath. 
I remember the popcorn tasted sweeter, as most of the resin present in the plant when cut, flew towards the remaining buds. Leaving the popcorn for just a week more should be perfect.

1 person likes this

Just a quick picture update whilst I was in there giving them a WATER ONLY watering and so scissor work called defoliation.

A kind of plain watering / flush, they was not dry to the bone to start so 5ltrs through each plant and had a run off of over 3ltrs per plant. I'll do this again a few times during flower but with more water. As you know, they have had only GHSC Enhancer and PM CAL-MAG PRO so need to start thinking about using the GHSC Bio Bloom but they are already in their final pots. Top dressing it looks the only option. 

No more LSTing and letting them stretch you can see I have some early shooters already.

These Rhinos are now 38 days old in total and been in 12/12 for 3 days.

In the last 3 days you will see the 1.2m x 1.2m area has filled up a fair bit and that is with tonight's defoliation which was a lot as you can see in the pictures.

5a85f73506be0_3Days.thumb.jpg.cc7446d56686ac62b789d8802bb6876e.jpg

Maybe a bit rough with them but they will be better for it in the long run.

IMG_8076.thumb.JPG.425d53ebdb97284b1b7d0e497e94b450.JPG

The rest of the pictures with just a camera and flash.

Pistils showing next week I'm hoping then we can get a real idea where this is going.

IMG_8056.thumb.JPG.216b198389f12267f6cc5e5c625b8355.JPG

IMG_8057.thumb.JPG.23c5cc9e0b6e661dc68175976c8794e8.JPG

IMG_8060.thumb.JPG.3269c906951c4d60c5f4696fe068656a.JPG

IMG_8067.thumb.JPG.4ebf10d1ca62d1f2a348e46aacba6845.JPG

IMG_8069.thumb.JPG.977a6efdee7ed0682923ed07a70271b8.JPG

IMG_8071.thumb.JPG.31900f6706d5a61c576a8c1a55c4091b.JPG

IMG_8072.thumb.JPG.4b2b85fcade7db3753b9fea2ce453b2c.JPG

IMG_8073.thumb.JPG.85bd00b222396028ab8d8c26c10f6984.JPG

IMG_8075.thumb.JPG.105b7970aed314bafa22791b64781bfa.JPG

5 people like this

Hello @I'm Sal,

Amazing job here, your plant is just in  110%,:good:

Your a rocking and your plant give that in back, well done dude!

Have a nice sunday

One week on and here is where I am.

These 5 Rhinos are 45 days old since sprouting and have been on 12/12 for 10 days. Fantastic sign that pistils are already showing all over all 5 plants which is fairly fast considering some pistils started showing a few days ago.

They have stretched a fair bit and are still stretching so lets see where they end up. No worries here because I have plenty of head height.

Nice canopy in the making of what seems to be many decent colas and they do seem to be in good health without a mark on them.

A pleasure to grow so far actually.

Anyways......pictures......

IMG_8088.JPG

IMG_8100.JPG

IMG_8099.JPG

IMG_8098.JPG

IMG_8096.JPG

IMG_8095.JPG

IMG_8094.JPG

IMG_8093.JPG

IMG_8092.JPG

IMG_8091.JPG