WhiteRhino + Feeding Line Test | LedCherryBerry

Hi @LedCherryBerry,

Yes, it does say 'Coco'. Can't find anything regarding Soil apart from "improves the quality of the soil".

Not sure in Coco it requires a first spike of acidic PH.  The ph up or down is not put directly onto the media to cause such a spike.  I mix the Enhancer in a bucket first with Run Off water and ph up/down as required, then leaving it to sit for 30 mins, then a little mix again before pouring on the media.

Anyhoo, just to muddy the waters even further, here's some science:

"Optimum temp for Bacillus Subtilis: 34-37C, 8.0ph, doubling time 41mins"
http://2016.igem.org/wiki/images/e/e0/T--Imperial_College--ToulouseGrowthStudy.pdf

"The most favorable pH ranges between 5.5 and 7.5 in which total dry weight of (Trichoderma) mycelium varies between 1.41 and 1.35 g. Although all the species of Trichoderma produced sufficient biomass at different temperatures viz. 20°C, 25°C, 30°C and 35°C but they were found to be best grown at a temperature range of 25°C to 30°C. Aeration by agitation was also checked at different speeds such as 100, 150, 200 and 250 rpm but greatest biomass was recorded at 150 rpm."

""All the species like T. harzianum (Th Azad), T. viride (01pp) and T. asperellum (Tasp/CSAU) isolated from soil sample initially produced high biomass at pH 7.0 but slowly the preference was shifted to pH 5.5 when incubation time was increased. ... Maximum biomass produced by T. harzianum (1.42 g) when incubated at 25°C compared to incubation at 20°C and 35°C which resulted in the production of 0.97 g and 0.82 g biomass respectively. ""

https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/optimal-physical-parameters-for-growth-of-trichoderma-species-at-varying-ph-temperature-and-agitation-2161-0517.1000127.php?aid=22743

The above info surprised me.

Happy Growing!

• Like 2

Hey OG, thank you for the kind words.
Yea, it's a good start. Those are not the fastest developers i've seen, but as you could say, i'll adapt.

Either way, i wanted to update a bit.
Yesterday i showed they were a bit overwatered, but when i came back from work, they recovered. 
I took a picture, but as it's typical of me, i forgot to post it.
So, i deleted it, and took a new one today.

WR-Ensemble:
WR-Ensemble-2.thumb.JPG.51695ead33855934742ae0c7cff92cd1.JPG

LEFT is WR-1, RIGHT is WR-2.

Taken in solitary, it's a bit hard to tell who's winning the race.
Ensemble shows a LOT of difference between the 2. 
Keep in mind that WR-2 had its cotyledons closed as the shell didn't came off, so she's behind of a couple days at max.
Yet, the difference is still huge: whilst WR-2 is putting out the 5tipped leaves (3rd internode), WR-1 is starting to show the 5th internode.

I believe both will take off as soon as i repot them (which is scheduled for Saturday). 

P.S.: I'm noticing WR-2 tends to curl her leaves, although they're perfectly healthy and showing no signs of deciciencies or pests whatsoever.
She's taking a look around, and not just up!
Maybe it's just genetics, and as always, only time will tell.

P.S. 2: the Enhancer is a BOMB! Needs the label "handle with care", cause the plants are freakin loving it!

I'll see y'all in a week or so.
Peace!

• Like 5

Curled leaves at the early stage of grow happens quite frequently without causing any problem, no worries about that ;-)

PS: To no longer have problems with the shell of the seed that stuck on the cotyledons, next times push a little bit more the seed into the soil (1cm deep) and when you cover it with the substrate, gently presses and then water gently from above. 

have a nice evening 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, OG.Naj said:

Curled leaves at the early stage of grow happens quite frequently without causing any problem, no worries about that ;-)

PS: To no longer have problems with the shell of the seed that stuck on the cotyledons, next times push a little bit more the seed into the soil (1cm deep) and when you cover it with the substrate, gently presses and then water gently from above. 

have a nice evening 

Heyo buddy,

When i planted them i sowed them under approx. 2cm of soil, pressed and watered just a bit like you said.
I usually do what you say with most of the seeds (even plants like tomatoes etc), and i've never seen it happen. Twice in a matter of days is even rarer.

No need to worry though, problem is solved and if happens again, i know how to prevent-solve it.

Thank you for reassuring me on early curly leaves. 
You just never know: first set of leaves curling on their own, 3rd set curling because touching the 2nd. As soon as i gently moved the leaves, they took their normal config.

As always, peace!

• Like 4

So!

Feeding day, update time!

Early in the weekend, i took a decision. 
On saturday, i transplanted.. only one. I preferred to keep only WR-1.
WR-2 was looking far behind the schedule, and her root system still didn't develop as i hoped.
Transplanting WR-1, i saw she was starting to fill the pot with roots. She was quite ready.

And so, there can be only one!
Newly assigned name is Highlander!

WR-1-5.thumb.JPG.30f71ca5091c469b51597c179901f46a.JPG

WR-1-5Bis.thumb.JPG.4e83d62781abc50478adfac7595a2d87.JPG

Don't mind the igrometer on the right: it's broken. I'm waiting for a new, digital one.

I'm surprised that her leaves are still so "little". They're perfectly healthy, no issues whatsoever. 
I gotta say, though, growth has exploded. Today, she has 21 days. 

I also managed to lower the temperature.
I figured i can sleep in a colder enviroment, to let them grow better. 
Temperature ranges from 27.5° (max temperature) to 20° at night. As i'm writing, temperature is 24.5°. 

I've also modified a bit the intake:
Inflow.thumb.JPG.4c2b35309ab8c38a3da70f75bc1178bf.JPG

Unfortunately, i had to cover the tube with duct tape, as it's transparent and the violet light kills my eyes early in the morning. 

As of the feeding:
I've watered her just a bit (300ml) on sunday, as she was a bit dry.
Then, i came up with this. Instead of watering, i'll use some old school entropy. 
After 2-3 days the feeding, i add 2L of cold water in the saucer. I then point the fan towards the water.
In this way, the fan takes hot air from above, and pushes it on the water. Air cools, and charges with humidity. 

This led to an increase in humidity, and the cloth pot i'm using just helps perfectly Entropy. The dry soil gets just a bit moisten, and helps to gradually decrease humidity in the air, and the plant to keep "breathing". Either way, VEG phase should be humid, and the airflow inside just turned out to be perfect.

This means my feeding schedule will be this (hypothetically):
Day one: enhancer feed
Day four: 2L in saucer
Day seven: water feed
Day eleven: 2L in saucer
Day fourteen: enhancer feed
Day eighteen: 2L in saucer
Etc etc..

I am also undecided between repotting her in her final place: should i go 11L, or 18L? I want to go 18L, but i'm a bit concerned about her roots. After all, transplant is scheduled in 14 days.

Also, i've got a question about bio feeding. 
On the box, it says: if you want 12 weeks feeding, 3G per soil LT. 8 weeks, 2G. 
Should i assume, for 1 month of feeding, 1G?
I want to have another month of VEG in the 11/18L, and then topdress the other 11 weeks with the bloom nutes.

Either way, until then, peace!

EDIT: I forgot to mention PH readings.
Feeding today was perfect. Feeding water at 6.2 PH.
Runoff water 30%, at 6.2 PH (a little yellow).
Cheers!

Edited by LedCherryBerry
PH readings
  • Like 4

On 29/1/2018 at 10:52 AM, Jose.gh said:

Great job friend, although I'm a little concerned to see so many plugs in the growing room:)

Everything is going well, despite the small difference in size, everything will adjust little by little :)

Regards!

Hey Jose, thank you!

There are so many plugs cause i have a lot of lamps.
I am no electrician, and instead of fucking with wires more than i can, i preferred plugging them in the old way.
If i had 1 lamp, then i would have 4 plugs instead of 11 :D

Either way, i forgot to add this: i moved the plugs at the top of the structure. 
I will add tomorrow a pic that shows the thingie.

P.S. when will they invent wireless electricity? all these freakin wires.. 

Peace!

• Like 1

Little update time.

First of all: i fucked up with my own schedule, and repotting is actually scheduled in 3 days, not 10. 
So, today i Topped Highlander at her 5th internode.
I did this today as 3 days should be enough for her to recover for the transplant.

To answer @Jose.gh properly i took a picture of the new location of the plugs. 

Equip-Sockets.thumb.JPG.77f5b7e3e129e29c13c59772840770f8.JPG

I know, the situation is really, really messy. 
Luckily there's enough space for the light rack to move.

And here's Highlander, topped:
WR-1-6Top.thumb.JPG.cd4c8441d858e8a246709c14682d567f.JPG

WR-1-6Bis.thumb.JPG.ae99d27db89a013e447698e2b9a53f60.JPG

I'll see y'all Wednesday for repotting day.
Cheers!

• Like 3

Hey'all, update time.

As anticipated, today was repotting day.
I've decided to repot Highlander in a 18L. I am afraid of root rot, so i will water her progressively, and not all at once (1/8, then 1/6, then 1/4).
I've also topdressed with 18G (1g per soil liter) of Feeding BioGrow (carefully mixed it with the top soil, and then covered with another inch of soil).

Following the new watering schedule, today i fed her with, indeed, 1/8th of the soil present (2 liters) at 6.1 PH.

For some weird reason, my White Rhino shows small leaves. It is perfectly healthy, but at this point i should've seen 15-20 cm leaves.
Instead, my leaves are 12cm long at max.
Either way, she's recovered quicly from the topping, and is now focusing its energy on lower branches.

Here's a couple pics:

WR-1-7.thumb.JPG.2917f185d0ea387ddc8b5e2667d3377b.JPG

WR-1-7Bis.thumb.JPG.c8ccfa9592837455ae471acfd610fcad.JPG

WR-1-7Tris.thumb.JPG.e4ec0439b209a53e8136274de9c5b6c8.JPG

I'll see how she reacts to the feeding in these next days.

Until then.. Cheers!

• Like 6

Wow, a lot of plugs !! But yes, they seem safe :) I think the same as you, when the electricity by wifi?

Upon transplant, 11 liters is a good amount for an indoor. 8 is better hahaha, but it will take much longer to colonize with roots, I do not know if it is really necessary.

Good job around here, everything is going very well :)

• Like 1

I'm really surprised by this strain.

This is probably the healthiest plant i'e ever grown, and i'm not even using that much nutes.
It's the smallest one i've seen in a long time, but she looks like she's ready to flower.

But the thing that amazes me about her is the smell she emanates. 
Upon touching a leaf, the odour resembles that of a mature bud.
I had to wash my hands twice before getting rid of it: incredible.

Either way, Highlander is LOVING the BioGrow Feeding. 
Here's a couple pics of a Happy Girl:

WR-1-8.thumb.JPG.1ca897473ff5344c6f3a40195249d283.JPG

WR-1-8Bis.thumb.JPG.15187dd8b5c77f33c730a5d67ae2103b.JPG

Next week is going to be Enhancer Week. 
I hope she grows a bit more so i can start LST'ing her side branches, as the main stem is already sturdy.

I will probably NOT attempt a scrog with this girl, but i should get 10 good sized colas out of Her.

Cheers!

• Like 4

Update day = Happy day.

First of all, equip update.
I've finally installed the industrial timer i was blabbering about in the previous posts.
It works wonderfully. Unfortunately, it is capable of sustaining currents up to 6A, and not 16A, but since i use 400W (approximately, divided in lights, airflow) there are no problems with it (Ca. 2A, as our current is 220V). If i'll need to ever upgrade my lighting system, i will need to look again.
The fabulous thing about this timer, is that you can either program it manually, OR you can program it by an app. You'll just need to put your phone above it, and it'll transfer data. Unfortunately, it works only with Google Play (Android), and only if your phone is capable of doing it. Mine, is not.

Second of all, growth update.
Growth in Highlander has EXPLODED, finally. 
The BioGrow Mixture is just PERFECT. The plant loved it, and quickly recovered both from topping and transplant: took her 3 days to resume growth. After the third day of some kind of Stall, the plant went BOOM and gained thickness, and height. 
Yesterday, i finally fed her with full water: not 1/8th, but 1/4th. This means i hae a 18L pot, and i used approx. 4 liters of water.
Now, a minor issue has showed up on 1 leaf. It looks like a nutrient burn, or a calcium deficiency, or a PH Spike. As i said, the issue is minor, and is not affecting the whole plant. I suspect it's because of a nute change (1 month without nutes, then nutes), so maybe the plant made an adjustment. 
I really don't know, but hey, that's why i'm here right? Testing and learning.

I also started a bit of LST, but the plant didn't respond as i wanted, so instad of forcing her to follow my schedule, i'll let her grow (almost) her natural way.
I am also undecided if i should defoliate just a bit the lower leaves, and some of the top leaves. I just don't want to mess up too much with her, as she looks overall perfectly healthy.

Anyway, it is Pic time!

The timer:
5a8579b1b457d_Equip-IndustrialTimer.thumb.JPG.38fbb590c1ec1a247382f9f13bd7974a.JPG

Highlander from a crouching perspective:

WR-1-9.thumb.JPG.b6d461d727fd3ba61666e502013032dd.JPG

Highlander, side view:

WR-1-9Bis.thumb.JPG.c79ce0d00a6ac57646ce892d07d6961f.JPG

Highlander, the leaf "minor" issue:

WR-1-9Issue.thumb.JPG.d5bad9b425099e39dc4e8ef2c3050b65.JPG

I really love this strain. So far, it is surprising.
As mentioned above, growth has really exploded in just a matter of 4 days.

Plan has changed from trying a Scrog, to utilizing LST, to use minor LST when side branches develop a bit more.
This plant grows sturdy as hell. In my opinion, it can be a double edged sword, as i feel she will be able to support her indica flowers' weight, but she's going to be a bit hard to manage, control, train. Deserves more experience than what a "hobby grower" might have.

Offtopic (kind of): i will be attending CanapaMundi in Rome 16-17Feb (can't stay longer, unfortunately). 
Sincerely hoping to meet my fellow GHS growers right there. 

Until next week.. Peace!

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, g22 said:

@LedCherryBerry

your leaves have a very healthy color 

Hey buddy, thank you!
I'll take a picture of her real colours (these pics were taken under 1/2 full spectrum lights, so colour is mistakeable).
Even tho, i've got to agree with you: healthiest plant i've ever grown, i'm so impressed by her.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Small update.

I've decided i will try to LST her, even if in a very soft way.
Bought some wire (250 meters, should be enough eheheh), and have begun LST on 4 out of 5 internodes.

As promised, i took a picture of the true leaf colour. 
But first, LST pics.

From crouching:

WR-1-9-LST1.thumb.JPG.9e206c5f57ebde0fd0a4e20b56b357a5.JPG

From the side:

WR-1-9-LST2.thumb.JPG.45385b4506a1da31d08255051e97da86.JPG

True Leaf Colour:

5a85d68b1f0ce_WR-1-TrueColour.thumb.JPG.3d8748a9e4dd4ec33402447e46cdba72.JPG

I'll see you all next wednesday-thursday, or tomorrow in Rome.
Cheers!

• Like 5

Hey guys, i'm back. 

The expo was amazing (for what you could achieve in Italy), not as big as i thought, but still..
I've visited it all in a matter of 7 hours. Spent a bit on seeds, met some great guys, most italians (absurd, consumer population and age varies so fuckin much, and i didn't know) but also spanish, dutch, and a lot of french old men, for some reason.
Tried a cannacookie, some drink canna-flavoured (horrible imo) and a weird beer (at 10.00 in the morning). 
I'm back with 24 seeds, most autos, and some other are 707 Headband and Girl Scout Cookies..
Took just a couple pictures, but with my phone as big cameras were allowed only to guys who sponsored/worked in advertising. Some were kind enough to let us pic them, others not, and i totally understand it as i work in expos too, and it's always hard to keep off the photos.. :D

Either way,  @ShaggyGrower No problem buddy, as @I'm Sal says i've gotta work a bit better on the technique, as i clearly have missed some point.
I've gotta say, branches have thickened (if you can say that), and they're growing. Fast.
What Sal says is correct, i'm having a bit of trouble with shaping with LST. 
My issue with this is that the wire i'm using to tie them, is a bit too big to fit in the pot. I have no other way than to tie her to the pot handles.
But, i wanted to lower them a bit. Since i don't know how much she's going to stretch in flowering, i need her to grow stiff and as wide as possible. When she'll be stiff enough, i'll let her grow back the normal way, without wires (possibly in 1-2 weeks, when switching to 12-12).
I know the idea of growing them into horizontal spirals, but i should've lst'd her since week 2-3, but she also grew stiff when young. 
I found it a bit hard to play with.

Pics will come wednesday-thursday.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, OG.Naj said:

Hope you enjoy a max the expo dude. The opportunity to talk and see all the cannabis sphere is always something special! Do you go to Spannabis?

Have a nice productive week man!

About the Expo: 
As you said, the opportunity to meet a wide variety of consumers, growers, seedbanks, and equip resellers was big, and i took it.
I've spoken to Sensi Seeds, very willing people to share information both on growing techniques AND job-work situation, i've met the guys from the first bank i bought my first seeds (Barney's farm) and they were absolutely super-friendly.

I probably found GHS in a bad moment, as they were a bit low on morale for some reason, but coming again in the afternoon the situation changed, and they were more friendly and open. GHS gives little to no information about their seeds, more a history of the seed rather than what-and-how. 
Not criticizing the way they go. We also give little to zero information about our products: you gotta see for yourself if they fit your needs.

I went there mainly to understand how's the industry situation: jobs available, economics, politics, etc etc. Though, the tour resulted in "Holy shit i know this strain! Yo buddy how much for a seed?!" most of the time. Of course, they're there to present and sell, not to give free sensible infos.

Seems like the industry is growing far more in USA than in Europe. 
We italians are more centered towards industrial hemp, and hemp flowers (Didn't know hemp made flowers). 
Our regulations prohibit possession, yet the "use" is allowed (explain me how would i smoke if i couldn't possess it). Our laws prohibit also personal cultivation, and all the medical purposes unless they're given by our State.
Yet you can easily have access to seeds, sheets, grinders, tents, lamps, dwc systems and so on...

About Spannabis:
Seeing CanapaMundi in Rome opened my mind about every use of cannabis and hemp (not that before i wasn't), and helped me understand the immense variety of opportunities in the industry. Altough Spannabis is going to be much bigger than the one in Rome, i visited the whole CanapaMundi in less than a day.
What i'm trying to say is NOT that Spannabis might offer more, is that as far as my concerns about my career in the industry, even if i go to Spannabis i will probably not find more info about an actual Job.

About why i went to this Expo:
What i need to do, is to understand WHO produces medical and recreational marijuana (Legally, ofc) in europe, and apply for a job there.
What i also need, is to study - on the field - everything about every strain, medical and recreational, and need a place to do it.
CoffeeShops in the Netherlands are going to be pretty much filled with requests since 1974 about a grower job, and as far as i consider myself a good one, i'm far from reality: there are some professional growers out there that deserve a position much more than i do. 
Cannabis Social Clubs (CSC) in Spain are private: this means only the members have access to the final product, and in limited quantities, but i assume they are too filled with grower-requests. 
The true possibility for a Career in the industry i see ATM is Canada: Canada should legalize both Medical And Recreational Marijuana in all the state by July of 2018, making it much more similar to Uruguay than the Netherlands (in which weed is still considered Illegal). 

In Conclusion, i still am not sure if i'll come or not to Spannabis.
Of course, it would be an opportunity for us to meet there (at least, me, you @OG.Naj, maybe @Jose.gh, drink a hemp-beer, eat a canna-cookie, and maybe smoke a good-doobie) but that would be it (for me). 
All i need is to find somebody that is willing to teach a poor fuck like me how to grow weed, while i offer my services as Trimmer, Assistant G., Coffeemaker, Personal Slave.. whatever that introduces me to this wonderful and fast-growing industry.

Since i'm here, i'll write a small update, waiting for Wednesday.
Yesterday i've released 4 lower colas from LST, and today the canopy looks much more even than before (Thank you @I'm Sal for the tips). 
The 2 first set of leaves (1 pointed) have fallen off. Looked like a Sulfur-Calcium deficiency, first the leaf yellowing, then showing little brown spots, then brown tip, then falling. But, that's about it. 
All the other leaves (3 points, 5 points etc) show no sign of deficiency/excess (except the leaf i've pictured above). 
All of this leaves me with the feel the fault is PH spikes, but i didn't think they'd cause such issues with such low ranges (6.1 minimum to 6.4 maximum). 
Either way, the plant looks 99% healthy, and is now thickening and widening. 

Smell update: 
Scent is absolutely incredible. Upon opening the tent, you can feel the piney-mushy smell of VEG cannabis, but touching the leaves alone is another matter.
I'm left with incredible pine scent, not fruity in any manner: it just makes your nose tickle.
With the tent closed, no odour escapes, no need to worry about that. 

Temp/pest update: 
Maximum-Minimum ranges between 19.5° and 29.7° (high temp was measured after a mistake, i left them without external airflow for 4 hours, during the timer installation. They didn't suffer, or show signs of suffering). Working Temps are usually around 21-26°.
Humidity is kept well above 65%, going up to 75% at times. 
I've seen NO signs of mold, rot, and other issues like pests and fungi (also, the beneficial fungi from GHS BioGrow Feeding never showed up: maybe because of my low dosage). 
Airflow (except that 4 hours) is constant, and gives me trouble to sleep, but i can resist for another 3 months (knowing what will be the outcome.. :D)
The entire pot dries in about 3-4 days, even if given 1/4th of water per soil Liter (in my case, 4 water LT per 18 pot LT), and with high humidity.
Gotta love those cloth pots.

Canopy is now at 50cm from the 6500K, and 55cm from the FS lamps. LST works perfectly with what i aim to achieve: a flat, low bonsai tree.
I still have 40cm room for the Lights to be raised, which is what i calculate for a maximum stretch (Plant is now 25cm tall and 31cm wide, 50Cm tall with the pot from the surface).

I'll see y'all in Wednesday-Thursday (depends on RL schedule) for pics.
Till then.. Cheers!

• Like 4