Help with my grow.. White Indica

lifehacker

Hi all.. this is my second grow.,, it is White Indica I bought from Amsterdam... this is now week 4 of veg. I use 18/6 hour light schedule.. is this normal to have yellowish leaves? When I can start flowering (12/12) ? Am I doing something wrong here?

I use LED VIPARSPECTRA light (all reviews recommended using this brand/type..

Your help/advice would be really helpful.. Thanks!

ttt.jpg

What have you fed them & feeding schedule?

Looking at this chart, could be a nitrogen ('progression') deficiency (although I've rubbish at reading these charts, but fyi):

Screen+Shot+2015-12-15+at+12.11.26+PM.jp

Re. when you can switch to 12/12, the answer is any time.  Maybe have enough veg growth though before you start the transition to flower.

I've no experience of LED's so can't help there.

Happy Growing!

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your reply. Is there a specific method of supplying the Nitrogen to the plant? Your advise would be great... I only water it when the top layer of soil becomes dry, I do not soak it wet so I do not suffocate the plant..

Could it also possible be over-watering? Because it is only the edges of the leaf turning yellow and not the entire leaf...?

Would the plant grow bigger during flowering time?

Hi @lifehacker,

This is a good read I found when starting (I'm on my second full grow) and should answer many of your questions: http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

I feed my plants nutrients, which contains Nitrogen amongst other items needed by the plant. Again that link above should help explain what the plant requires and when.

Happy Growing!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lifehacker said:

Thanks a lot, again!

Yea, I read this article before (some of it).. But now I am reading it with a focus on the nutrient part! So, do I just put the material on top of the soil around the plant?

It depends which nutrients you choose. 

Some are in powder form (like Greenhouse Feeding BioGrow, etc [1]) and can be either mixed with the growing media before the plant goes in it/when transplanting, or sprinkled on top, mixed a little with the top layer, the watered into the plant. 

Some are in liquid form (I'm currently using the Shogun range) , so you mix with water then pour over your plants.

Happy Growing!

[1] - https://shop.greenhousefeeding.com/bio-grow/bio-fertilizers/

• Like 1

I guess for my case I will need the liquid form because my plant has already grown... But what if I find the powder.. can I mix it with water and pour it over?

According to your knowledge, this will save my plant and make it healthy again?

Finally, is this a normal size for week 4?

Just now, lifehacker said:

I guess for my case I will need the liquid form because my plant has already grown... But what if I find the powder.. can I mix it with water and pour it over?

According to your knowledge, this will save my plant and make it healthy again?

Finally, is this a normal size for week 4?

When you find a nutrient powder (or liquid), simply read the instructions on its packet for directions on how to use it :D Some will have slight variations on how to use them.

What wattage Led do you have, and how far is it away from the top of your plant?

I'd guess your plant is a little small for 4 weeks (a bit like mine new ones currently), but if you've only been feeding it water that's not surprising.  Some nutrients and you should really notice the difference.  Don't over feed though. LESS IS MORE, ie, best to give it too little than too much (feed, water, light, heat, etc etc).

Happy Growing!

• Like 1

Anyway, I got a powder and I was told that I have to mix it with water and give the plant once every 10 days.. The amount depends on the size, for example for ever 20 liters of water I should put 2 table spoons... I put almost 1/3 table spoon on 500L (half liter of water).. What do you think?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lifehacker said:

Anyway, I got a powder and I was told that I have to mix it with water and give the plant once every 10 days.. The amount depends on the size, for example for ever 20 liters of water I should put 2 table spoons... I put almost 1/3 table spoon on 500L (half liter of water).. What do you think?

Sounds good.  Happy Growing!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @lifehacker,

She's looking very nice! :clapping:

If 3/FEb was Week 4 of veg (Day 28), then today is Week 6 (Day 39).  She looks to be recovering well.  I would wait to flip to 12/12 until at least 8-9 weeks (2 months) from the start of veg. 

Veg is all about the plant building the structure from which the cola's will stretch up from.  How much plant structure you want depends a lot on how much space you have for it to grow into and still be far enough away from the lights to not get heat or light burn.  How big is your growing space for her?

Happy Growing!

• Like 1

Thanks @ShaggyGrower

I implanted it on 30 December, so she is now 46 days old...

I am growing in soil mix, in a growing tent of 102cm Width,  102cm depth, and 203cm height

I am using the LED light which produces almost no heat (and it has a built-in fan to such the heat away)...

I see some photos for plants that are four times bigger than mine and it is still in veg.

Hi @lifehacker,

This is the way I work out dates:

Day 1 of seedling stage is when they first pop out of the growing media, then there are 14 seedling days.

Day 1 of Veg is Day 14 of seedling stage.

So if your popped out of the media on 30/Dec that was Day 1 of seedling stage, and Day 1 of Veg was 13/Jan, so today is 32 of Veg under my counting mechanism (others will have different systems).

If I was growing just one plant in that size tent, I would veg for quite a long time and do some topping & LSTing to try to make the plant go wide to fill the tent width ways, and then once it's nearly filled width ways, switch to 12/12 and they will start to stretch upwards.

Have a read of this as you may like what you see and feel a SCRoG is the way to go:  http://www.growweedeasy.com/scrog-tutorial

Happy Growing!

Thanks again @ShaggyGrower

I put it in soil on 30 Dec. it popped out on 3 January.. so on 17 January is day 1 of veg. stage so it is now 4 weeks in veg.

I read a lot about LST and topping, but I am afraid to harm the plant if I top it or even FIM it,,, for my skills, I think the best thing is to use LST to bend the small colas because I am not sure how exactly and where to cut for topping..

• Like 1

Hi @lifehacker,

Topping or Fimming the plant IS harming the plant, but it responds by growing two main cola instead of just one.

I would defo recommend topping at least once (preferably twice).  It seems to help keep the plant shorter than it would usually grow (good for when in a tent), and it seems to produce more yield as there are more bud sites.

I was a bit worried my first time as well :), but it turned out to be a simple procedure. That link does provide info on Topping (as to the links within that link).

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Happy Growing!

Just now, lifehacker said:

Thanks @Shagg

One last favour :) Could you show me in the photo I sent you where to cut the plant??

If you can post a side-on shot of the plant showing the various nodes (where the stems/leaves are growing out from)  I could edit it and show you (as well as count how many nodes you have).