Help with my grow.. White Indica

lifehacker

Hi @lifehacker,

This is a nice short video on how to top: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wutnIHwy7LM

In my first-to-know-what-I'm-growing grow, I topped at node 5:

"Topped DD and Nebula (NVclosetmedgrower topped around this growth point).  They're left with their cotyledons, their first single-fingered set of leaves, their first three-fingered set of leaves; their first two sets of five-fingered (perhaps the second is a seven-fingered) leaves. " : http://forums.strainhunters.com/topic/11066-first-know-what-im-growing-grow/

From your photo's it's hard to see how many nodes you have exactly, but it looks like you have enough.

Now, me and that guy in the link top quite early, some other wait a bit longer and chop a bit more off the top because they let it grow longer, and then they use the bit that's chopped off as a clone.  So if you don't need/want a clone from the bit your chopping off, chop off early; if you do want a clone, let the top bit grow a little more before you chop it off.

Yup, I know you're feeling nervous reading this, I think everyone is on their first time.

Below is where I would top based on your photo.  The blue line is the cut line, and the two red lines are the two new shoot that will become main colas:

Inkedlifehacker_LI.thumb.jpg.edc979076916545dec901c1613db75ed.jpg

Happy Growing!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry for being silent for a while, I finally did not TOP the plant, I just performed LST on it, see how it is now.. this picture is 2 days old (the plant now is even more bigger and dense)

What do you think? Is it doing well? Is it a good time to switch to flowering? Would it grow bigger when it flowers?

01.jpg

She's looking lovely @lifehacker. Very healthy and filling out nicely from what I can see.

By the looks of things, she's not alone in the 1.02m2x2.03m tent.  How many more plants are in there?

When you transition to flowering by switching to 12/12 will depend on how much space you have. 

If you have space and can grow a big plant, perhaps think of repotting into a bigger pot and vegging/LSTing for a couple more weeks to fill out your 1.02m2 tent.

If you have multiple plants in that tent, perhaps you could transition to flower now, on Day 43 of Veg, so as not to get into space issues later.

Plants do stretch during the transition and in early flowering.  How much stretching depends on the strain, ones lights, etc etc. 

Better to have a plant that is a little small than a little too big imv as too tall brings a whole load of issues with it (light burn, heat burn, mold issues due to too much foliage, etc etc).

Happy Growing!

• Like 1

The other pot is empty and I am meant to remove it so I will do so today :)

I am not sure about repotting the plant, I never done this (this is my second grow) and I do not want to damage what I have. But the current pot capacity is 20 liters which is 5.2 gallons (I assume it is big enough). and I can still LST it more.

Based on what I told you now, shall I wait a couple of weeks or I start flowering?

Hi @lifehacker,

20l is big enough for that tent I think.  When I see leafs going over the side of the pot, I have a yearning to re-pot :), but that's just me.

Maybe give her one more week of veg with LSTing, then switch to 12/12 (transition) on Day 50 of veg.

Transition could be up to a couple of weeks before she starts showing flowers/sex.  My last lot took 18 days.  Some strains show flower after only a few days in Transition.

Happy Growing!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lifehacker said:

Thanks :) will do so.. this is a Feminized White Indica, breeders say flowering time takes 45 - 55 days.. so I will veg. for another 2 weeks maybe

I think that's a good call. Looking at the reviews of White Indica, she has a short flowering time, so you do want her nice and big and well trained in veg so that when she flips into flower and stretches she has the right structure to flower on and the vertical stems are a decent distance apart so when their colas fatten up, they're not disturbing each other.  I always think of a Jewish menorah when trying to build a plant structure.

Happy Growing!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi @lifehacker,

I had wondered where you and your grow had got to. :heat:

Plants look fantastic. 

45-55 days of flowering is a very short flowering time, and although the breeder recommends this, I look more at real life grow experiences.  A quick Google and this guy left to flower for ~85 days: https://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/White_Indica/Ceres_Seeds/

Perhaps the best thing to do is look at the trichomes to see if they indicate the plant is ready to harvest to your needs:

Trichome_Harvest.jpg.c71147600fc216166d087e96dc5f3dbe.jpg

Happy Flowering!

Hi @lifehacker,

Something to start thinking about is how you're going to dry and cure your harvest.

I dry at <20c and >55% humidity as >20c and <55% loses terpines which I've spent months growing.

So perhaps test your drying areas to see what kind of values you get, and make any adjustments now, before the harvest goes in to the drying area and you're winging it :)

Happy Drying & Curing!

Thanks @ShaggyGrower

I dried in my first grow in a dark room at room temperature.. nowadays temperature is around 22 give or take and humidity varies from day to day. In my first grow I hang it to dry for a few days before I cut the buds and cure it in jars, results were very strong spliffs!

So, I am not sure if this breed of seeds will act the same, the previous time it was Amensia Haze auto. This is White Indica photoperiod...