Help with indoor grow, just went into flowering

CHIEFcent

1. So for my veg i used 600w hps light & for my flowering i switched to 1000w hps. My question is light height how far should light be.

Second question.

2. Ok so my feeding schedule is as follows: fwwwfwwwf.  I use ro water with cal/mag. I never use just ro water well thats my intention,

I have 8gal smart pot with trays is that a good feeding schedule & is it necesary to flush at least once a week dumping out water that empties out on pot trays?

24 minutes ago, CHIEFcent said:

So for my veg i used 600w hps light & for my flowering i switched to 1000w hps. My question is light height how far should light be.

'

Quick Guide - Distance From MH/HPS Lights To Plants

Here's a quick reference guide to use as a starting point: 

Grow Light Closest ~ Sunlight Furthest
150W 8" (20cm) 10" (25cm) 12" (30cm)
250W 10" (25cm) 12" (30cm) 14" (35cm)
400W 12" (30cm) 14" (35cm) 19" (48cm)
600W 14" (35cm) 16" (41cm) 25" (64cm)
1000W 16" (41cm) 22" (55cm) 31" (79cm)

150W - covers 2' x 2' (0.6m x 0.6m) area

250W - covers 2' x 2' (0.6m x 0.6m) area up to 2.5' x 2.5' (0.8m x 0.8m)

400W - covers 3' x 3' (0.9m x 0.9m) area up to 3.5' x 3.5' (1m x 1m)

600W - covers 3.5' x 3.5' (1m x 1m) area up to 4' x 4' (1.2m x 1.2m) 

1000W - covers 4' x 4' (1.2m x 1.2m) area up to 5' x 5' (1.5m x 1.5m).'

http://www.growweedeasy.com/hps-grow-lights-setup#distance-mh-hps-plants

So i got light further than 31"  i will  gradully bring light closer.

33 minutes ago, CHIEFcent said:

So for my veg i used 600w hps light & for my flowering i switched to 1000w hps. My question is light height how far should light be.

33 minutes ago, CHIEFcent said:

Could it be jw is under a sweet spot under the light. 

15 hours ago, CHIEFcent said:

15 hours ago, CHIEFcent said:

Ok so my feeding schedule is as follows: fwwwfwwwf.  I use ro water with cal/mag. I never use just ro water well thats my intention,

I have 8gal smart pot with trays is that a good feeding schedule & is it necesary to flush at least once a week dumping out water that empties out on pot trays?

50 minutes ago, CHIEFcent said:

Ok so my feeding schedule is as follows: fwwwfwwwf.  I use ro water with cal/mag. I never use just ro water well thats my intention,

Run off water with added calmag is a good idea imv, it's something I forgot (the calmag) and I think I got a calcium lockout in my current grow.  Around 200ppm of calmag is apparently enough.

8 gallon pots is 30l, so a good size pot imv (I like big pots, others like smaller ones).

What make/model is your feed?

What's your growing media made up of? (Coco, soil, perlite, Canna, Biobiz, etc etc, and their ratios)  Flushing imv is dependent on media. 

Anything that comes out of the bottom of the pot I measure for ph and ppm.  I also throw the liquid on my garden so as not to waste the nutes in it.

Never let your pot sit in a saucer that has water in it or that can drown the roots & cause root rot.

Happy Growing!

Yes i always use atleast 40% cal/mag with every feed & watering. Im using generalhydroponics nutes, & as for my media im using soil fox farm ocean forest mixed with ocean forest happy frog.

I just started flowering & 1 thing i learned here is sugars on a journal i saw posted he used unfiltered raw honey at begining of flowering.

With that media, I don't think it's necessary to flush once a week, especially if your putting unfiltered raw honey (molasses?) in it.

I've been discussing 'flushing' on another forum, and there are different type of flushes for different thing.  Additionally, what many term 'flushing', is actually 'leaching'. Flushing, like with the toilet, gets rid of as much as possible (nutes/salts wise from the media), leaching is similar but merely reduces the amounts of nutes/salts in the media.

In your media, it's good to get a little run off in the saucer so you can then test it with a ph pen and a TDS/PPM/CF pen.  A good media level of nutes should result in the input figure (a measure of your feeding solution) being very similar to the run off figure.  So if you're feeding 750ppm with a ph of 6.5, the run off should be similar.

As you're adding molasses, I think you're trying to feed the microbes in the soil with that. Flushing lots of water through the pot would disturbed them imv, so unless you have a very high ppm / dodgy ph, you do not really want to 'flush', merely 'leach' a little for measurement.

I'm a newbie as well, so double check the above.

Happy Growing!

Just now, CHIEFcent said:

Ok so by measuring ppm of the water run off in  tray will determine if plant needs to be flushed?

Yes. PPM is one, ph is another.  You would want to flush if your ppm is way too high, or if your ph is very much out of range for your media (ie, too acidic or too alkaline).

I'm coming to realize that the instructions the feed companies give for dosage of nutes, is usually a bit high.  The maxim 'Less is More' works well with cannabis.  Ie, better to give too few nutes than too many.  Much easier to feed a little more, than to have to flush that whole pot and disturb the media because one has over fed them.

35 minutes ago, CHIEFcent said:

I got it! You are awesome shaggy. 

Lets say that during veg i stressed my plants but recover will that affect my yield during flower?

Follow me, like me, and spank me sideways. :) lol

Imv there are good stresses and bad stresses.  A type of good stress is LST and topping.  These usually result in INCREASED yields as there will likely be more flowering points come flower.  Other types of stress are not good, such as nutrient burn / nutrient deficiency.  They will lower yield by slowing the plant down somewhat.

Happy Growing!

• Like 1