noureev

Hello all,

I am completely new at this. A few days since I put some seeds in pots. All indoors with LED full spectrum. My interest is in landraces at this point. Seeds have germinated and some started growing well.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

What strains are you growing?  The LED crop is not the most suitable for the first time, because it requires previous knowledge (the soil dries more slowly, for example).

Tell us more details, and we will be able to advise you :)

Greetings! 

Thank you very much for your offer of help.

I am trying 3 varieties to see how it works: Lebanese, Mazar-I-Shariff and Manipuri.

So far the Mazar is growing well and fast, the lebanese is growing well also but is a smaller plant so I assume that it is normal that it is smaller and the Manipuri did not germinate as well as the other strains but the one plant so far is doing well. Germination out of 3 seeds for each variety was as follow: 3 of 3 for Mazar, 2 of 3 for Labanese and 1 of 3 for Manipuri.

Since it is the first time for me growing, I want to see what I can come up with. 

For LED and watering, I am monitoring closely. I am watering very little amounts at a time. My soil drains super well. I understand that they like to have air through the roots as well so to try and make sure that they are not watered too much.

My goal is more health benefits, so I am planning to juice fresh leaves and consume the juice.

Anything else I should know?

Yes, many things hehe, you always learn new things, every day (even for those of us who have many years of experience in farming).

Micro irrigations are good but do not stimulate the full development of the root, just make sure the substrate dries out normally.

Excess water can rot the roots, it is very good to have drainage (well done). 

I'm sorry, but I don't understand this "leaf juice" part. What do you mean?

Greetings!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you sir.

The juice part: I am growing these plants mostly to juice the leaves and consume the juice. It has lots of great health benefits.

Can you tell me how the expeditions work? I am wondering if there is a way to learn more and to potentially going on an expedition with you guys?