Newbie and Grow Equipment Question

BudHouse

Hey, hey

Newbie first time indoor grower here with a quick question about type of bulb related to grow box size.

I decided that 60 x 60 x 160 grow box will be enough for me to grow decent plant size and the question is what type as how much watts the bulbs for growth and flowering phase  should be based on that grow box size for optimum results.

Thanks

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BudHouse said:

Hey, hey

Newbie first time indoor grower here with a quick question about type of bulb related to grow box size.

I decided that 60 x 60 x 160 grow box will be enough for me to grow decent plant size and the question is what type as how much watts the bulbs for growth and flowering phase  should be based on that grow box size for optimum results.

Thanks

Yo,
Welcome to the forum.

I use a 60x60x170, and i gotta say, a 60cm plant is really the maximum height you can get (without the 30L pot beneath), so be careful when choosing the tent (be more careful than me, at least ;) ).

For that space, i have used a homemade set of 4x 6500K 45W leds, and 4x Blurple 35W leds. At 12" the rack burns the buds, so i guess for a 300W the recommended height is 15-18" in Bloom and 24-30" in Veg.

I now bought a COB lamp, 100W, to replace the rack. This COB has a much fuller spectrum than HPS, Blurple LEDs, CFLs etc, consumes way less power and equals a 250W HPS. 

In my opinion? Buy a lamp that fits your needs. 
If you can ventilate and have no noise issues, then go HPS in blooming with a couple of low-watt cobs near it. 
If you prefer staying ninja.. i'd hint you to use leds. 

Choosing a lamp is, indeed, your choice. People can still reach decent yields with bad lighting systems, it really depends on how much you can adapt the light to your enviroment and to the plant's needs.

An important factor you gotta keep in mind, other than spectrum, is PAR (instead of Lumens, that are useful only to us).
Remember this: over 1000 PAR, without added Co2, you'll burn your buds.

Can't wait to see what you choose. 
Peace!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LedCherryBerry said:

Yo,
Welcome to the forum.

I use a 60x60x170, and i gotta say, a 60cm plant is really the maximum height you can get (without the 30L pot beneath), so be careful when choosing the tent (be more careful than me, at least ;) ).

For that space, i have used a homemade set of 4x 6500K 45W leds, and 4x Blurple 35W leds. At 12" the rack burns the buds, so i guess for a 300W the recommended height is 15-18" in Bloom and 24-30" in Veg.

I now bought a COB lamp, 100W, to replace the rack. This COB has a much fuller spectrum than HPS, Blurple LEDs, CFLs etc, consumes way less power and equals a 250W HPS. 

In my opinion? Buy a lamp that fits your needs. 
If you can ventilate and have no noise issues, then go HPS in blooming with a couple of low-watt cobs near it. 
If you prefer staying ninja.. i'd hint you to use leds. 

Choosing a lamp is, indeed, your choice. People can still reach decent yields with bad lighting systems, it really depends on how much you can adapt the light to your enviroment and to the plant's needs.

An important factor you gotta keep in mind, other than spectrum, is PAR (instead of Lumens, that are useful only to us).
Remember this: over 1000 PAR, without added Co2, you'll burn your buds.

Can't wait to see what you choose. 
Peace!

Hey bro, thanks for getting back.

Well, suppose I just post all the equipment here and you let me know your opinion. I'll post link to the equipment website too, so you can browse parts to see and recommend alternative as I found they sell dual spectrum ESL bulbs. From there came the question what type of bulbs considering grow box size.

Also moderators can freely remove this post to appropriate part of the forum if they feel so.

So here it goes:

- Grow Box: Diamond Box Silverline SL60 Growbox 60x60x160cm (https://www.growland.net/DiamondBox-Silverline-SL60-Growbox-60x60x160cm)

- Pipe Fan Prima Klima PK100-TC 280m³ Climate Controller (https://www.growland.net/Rohrventilator-PrimaKlima-PK100-TC-280ml-Klimacontroller)

- Activated Carbon Filter 280 cbm / h ø100mm (https://www.growland.net/Aktivkohlefilter-280-cbm-h-r100mm)

- Sonodec Soundproofed 102 mm running meter (https://www.growland.net/Sonodec-Schallgedaemmt-100mm-lfm)

- Energy Saving Lamp 125W Dual Spectrum (https://www.growland.net/Energiesparlampe-125W-Dual-Spectrum)

So, whats missing, whats too much. Let me know

All in all, with this pretty much can stay under the radar. The only thing is if the set up is appropriate enough to start growing indoor.

Must catch next 420 ready tho :pleasantry:

• Like 2

I think that light is goed to start the grow but not enought to get goed flower but i never use those light i only use mh & hps maybe a 250w mh for second part of veg than a 250 hps or 400hps but a 400hps need 40cm minimum from canopy so i think thats make lot of trouble or you need cooltube or somthing similar maybe the 250 w hps is enought for your space a lot of people here use the vipar spectra led with goed result i dont know why but i still like the hps its just the heat of the light that make problem and the electric bills now i don't know your budget 

• Like 1

I forget that extractor you want that make a lot of noise a isobox of 250 m3 is very quiet i have one and even in full power still quiet some people think its stupid a isobox of 250 m3 for the price it is but very low noise there are bathroom extractor of 250m3 for a min price but that make noise and for controle the isobox the UNITEC FAN CONTROLER work very goed 

• Like 1

Good morning.

This is your CFL's spectrum
54d11df163ad3_-_lightbulb-wars-08-0911-x

This, instead, is the lamp i've recently bought: https://www.ledgrowshop.eu/cf-grow/cxb3590-x2-led-grow-light/

5ae6ad40edefd_CXB3590Spectrum.jpg.51141b45fa9ca1a178d67b48a1374b3e.jpg

I would recommend the COB instead of the CFL. 

Also, the ventilation system is a bit over powered, but if you can regulate speed, go for a 100-150m3, it's more than enough. 280 will result noisy, even with the soundproofed duct (i'm experimenting a bit right now, gonna post the update later today).

Cheers!

Edit: 
Forgot to add: take a look at the CFL spectrum.
Most of the lamp's spectrum focuses on greens. Pretty ironic since weed's green and is going to reflect that light.
Yo!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LedCherryBerry said:

Good morning.

This is your CFL's spectrum
54d11df163ad3_-_lightbulb-wars-08-0911-x

This, instead, is the lamp i've recently bought: https://www.ledgrowshop.eu/cf-grow/cxb3590-x2-led-grow-light/

5ae6ad40edefd_CXB3590Spectrum.jpg.51141b45fa9ca1a178d67b48a1374b3e.jpg

I would recommend the COB instead of the CFL. 

Also, the ventilation system is a bit over powered, but if you can regulate speed, go for a 100-150m3, it's more than enough. 280 will result noisy, even with the soundproofed duct (i'm experimenting a bit right now, gonna post the update later today).

Cheers!

Edit: 
Forgot to add: take a look at the CFL spectrum.
Most of the lamp's spectrum focuses on greens. Pretty ironic since weed's green and is going to reflect that light.
Yo!

Nice, ok then, now that I have my starting grow gear let's see how it will develop.

Will create new follow up thread to post updates.

Thanks

• Like 1