Cookies and Goji golden cobra

GreenKiwi

I have been busy on the indoor gardening in winter,  Thought i would make a small journal here to share.

The ggc hasnt shown sex yet but the fact that its so late it should be a female, have killed a few males,  the cookies are feminized, 

#1 streched alot, 2 and 4 are shorter 

P80725-001829(1).jpg

P80725-001839(1).jpg

P80724-193331(1).jpg

P80724-193331(2).jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

putting them into flower now,   had problems with a couple,  i had no fert for a while so some older ones got yellow.  

The goji golden cobra turned out to be a male, it bleeds red sap which i thought was cool and worth keeping for future breeding,  i have kept an afghan kush male too.

made clones of each plant then ill decide which to keep depending on end results. 

i heard that greenhouse used to sell regular seeds? is this true if so when did the change to feminized only?

P80822-020713(1).jpg

P80822-004719(1).jpg

P80802-022030(1).jpg

• Like 2

16 litre litre containers,  was going to put into bigger ones but wanted to get them flowering so i can find the best ones to keep the cuttings of and ditch the not so good ones. exactly 2 weeks into flower now. i gave them a feed of half strength flairform bloom and the whole range to try.  

I gave them too little at the start and got some N deficiencies on first plants that are not as good as these 2.  the 3rd photo is cookies #1 its a pain because its so tall i cant get the light any closer to the others,  but want to test every plant before i choose which ones to keep going. 

also kept a clone of the goji golden cobra male and see how well it stays in veg. 

also started some ultimate purple regs  from bc bud depot,  and skunk shot  from lounge lizard seed, its super skunk x yumboldt.  

i have a few white rhino, Kalashkinova, bubba kush, caboose and white lemon from GHS now.  they will be grown alone one day soon to give them the most attention. 

im working on expanding to 3 tents now i have 2. P80904-021618(1).thumb.jpg.9f5d852b82f94f8d52c7dfbc76b38648.jpg

P80904-021618(2).jpg

P80902-032105(1).jpg

P80904-024048.jpg

• Like 2

day 18 today. 

the pots are still quite heavy so i leave watering until monday which will be a week since last half strength flairform bloom plus additives.  

ppm of runoff was 1400-1500.  p.h 6.5 

10 days ago i fed with myco thrive, as soon as i fed it the plant looked happier and thriving nicely.

i think the initial stretching into flowering has finished so i will give 3/4 -full strength bloom dose, superthrive and put a layer of worm castings on top of soil before watering.   i also have a trichoderma product as a good protection for them. 

i am using cheap soil this round 

but have some canna terra  and terrazilla for next time and i kNow they love that compared to pine bark potting mix. 

its a few hours drive to the city for the good soil so i try to stock up.  

I am using a 400w digital ballast in a 90x90x160 tent. i know yields are not as good as a 600 so,that is next on my list.  i thought ballast i got was adjustable but its dimmable, not 600 or 400 w like my old lumatek.   

i will get a 100x100x200 tent to go with 600w,  the 400 in this tent stays at low temp in this cool weather 23c.

im waiting on my fan speed controller to help keep at better temp without extra heating by slowing exhaust fan down. 

its a 2 speed and low is very high,  my induction has temp/speed, both carbon filtered so no dust or smell,

also have 600w LED but its a cheapo so thinking of hanging it next to the 400w hps for weeks 4-8. 1000w in under a sq metre should put out high lumens for some dense nugs. 

humidity is 50-60% between waterings, damp rainy weather here,   i have a dehumidifier ready to lower humidity as they get further into flower.

P80907-002651(1).jpg

P80907-002651(2).jpg

• Like 1

ive got my eye on a 300w viparspetra with dimmable veg/bloom remote controller and timer built in,  it will be for veg in summer heat,  but might go with a 600w one but cant find same model i like. 

i need extra poles to hang more lights like in my veg tent i need 2 x 23 w grow sabre Leds as they get bigger. 

need a propogation tent , veg tent , flower tent. i have to veg in small propogation tent 80x50x80  . until flowering ones have finished then keep on veg in there until ready to flower.   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

been so busy with everything  its day 49 already.  ill post some more later.

trimmed a sample of affy x bigbud.  starting to,get a few amber trichomes already, i knew this would be an early maturer because it was ready first outside,  lots of small solid nugs and super sticky pine / citrus fragrance, super indica look and growth  but the high has a sativa buzz to it,  not what id expect looking at it.

2nd one is cookies #4 going to give her 2 more weeks to 9th week. its used up most of the nitrogen from old leaves which mostly died on the plant and i pull them off,  wish i had pruned more lower bits off before flowering to put more energy into top growth,  and i definitely under fertilized them.  

3rd photo is cookies #4  6 days earlier than 2nd photo. (day 43)has fattened up alot.  since, trichs are starting to get cloudy, 0 amber yet

4th is the affy x big bud#2 bigger than #1 but not as healthy. i think ill give it 1 more week,  2 flushes in the next week or so and a 48 hour dark period before harvest. 

and my new Bong :)

P81009-003621(1).jpg

P81009-142315(1).jpg

P81009-002124(1).jpg

P81003-031058(1).jpg

P81003-030337(1).jpg

P81009-001046(1)(1).jpg

P81005-124735(2).jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 07/09/2018 at 1:12 AM, GreenKiwi said:

i am using cheap soil this round 

but have some canna terra  and terrazilla for next time and i kNow they love that compared to pine bark potting mix. 

i

How have you found Terrazilla? have you used Growzilla / Budzilla A&B nutrients? It's hard to find anything much about them online