African Landrace Grow in central Washington

So all of these as the title suggests are African landraces. The first three pics are of Ketama, there are six of these, native to Morocco they are 100 percent indica, medium size, very stout, stems like tree trunks. The next three pics are Kilimanjaro, there are three of these, native to Kenya this 100 percent sativa I would also call medium size. I love the look of this plant it just screams wild cannibas to me the kind of plant you could imagine growing wild on a Kenyan hillside. All of these were seedlings sprouted in the first days of June, it is now the final days of July and both strains have been in the first stages of flower for a week or so. As of now the only fertilizer I've given any of them was a single dose of a organic fish fertilizer half way through the veg cycle, for a little kick of nitrogen. I probably will only give them one or two doses of flower fertilizer as it's not recommended to give too much to the ketamas specificaly. I topped all of these at about five feet  tall from the pot. As you can see I haven't done any trelise or stress training we'll see if I come to regret that lol, there's allways tape lol. All save one are grown in 18 gallon plastic storage totes drilled with holes for drainage, the soil is a premium blend we have here in the states called Happy Frog, to which I added a little extra perlite. Love to hear any thoughts, comments or questions. The last pic is an over view of both strains. I'll do an update later in the flower cycle😎IMG_20180730_132028.thumb.jpg.ee88eb465d47a59af614e481a6f5c5c3.jpg

IMG_20180730_132056.jpg

IMG_20180730_132103.jpg

IMG_20180730_132138.jpg

IMG_20180730_132041.jpg

IMG_20180730_132142.jpg

IMG_20180730_132134.jpg

IMG_20180730_132113.jpg

• Like 3

Hey thanks my friend! It's funny you mention the Ketama hash I was thinking about learning about the Moroccan style of hash making and making the hash from the Ketama plants that way, instead of the ice water method I usually use. I'll do some kind of journal and pictures here on the forum of how it turns out😎

• Like 1

Ya some of them are definitely super long flower period like you say, but this particular sativa is not. This is s my first time growing it the killimanjaro but the website I bought the  seeds from says 8-9 weeks! Super short huh?

• Like 1

Yes is very short but i don't have enough knowledge to answer you but is better for you to wait  9week than 4 month😁 i was thinkin all pure sativa arr long flowering strain and need to be mix breed with short flowering strain to grow faster 

Oh yeah I wasn't really asking anything. My understanding of pure sativas was the same as yours that they take a long time, but apparently this particular one is a rare exception, which was why I chose them this year, it blew my mind as well. Worldofseeds.com says it's a 100 percent pure African sativa landrace but I suppose you never really know for sure with genetics from online seed companies. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is a picture of the cured killimanjaro flower. This may be my favorite of this year's outdoor crop. A really strong sativa punch. There is two different phenos I believe affecting the flavor profile, one of which is sweet and minty, the other which is the majority is Woody with hints of orange peel and citrus. Very resinous buds.

15421316758811737556920.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...