how to make a fan more silent?

breenzer

Obraz%20018.jpg

It can work for you for cheap money, just make a box, all 4 walls and bottom, mount somehow your's fan, fill with wool and cover the top and screw it nice. Use Plywood, more mm then better. In store they can cut it for you nice, also make a round holes for fan in and out connection. Make it simple, hope it give you some direction to follow. ;)

It can handle max 60c temperature, and it got over 53 db(a) noise. He can measure fan temp, and if is not hot this can work. Also extraction duct can be silenced similar, around is many ready set up's like 1m long, also longer better - more db(a) are down. Best, imho - a combo of this two.

there is no cool tubes.

carbon filter, RVK then the ducting goes to the window,about 1.5m of ducting.

no vibration only noise from the motor/air blowing.

the room is in a very quite part of town in a block of flats and its very quite there.

i could get a pic loaded up tonight if that'll help

Hey there Breenzer ,,

I had the same problem myslef ,,

dw%20001.jpg

This is what I had to do to kill my sound !

I to have a very short reach of duct before the exit point ,,

Needed the silencer to slow the air down from the extractor and reduce the noise ,,

For a while it sounded like a jet was landing in the front garden !

But no more !

Jah Heights Syn

• Like 1

Guest superbluehaze

I wrapped mine in blankets and you can be in the room and not know if it is one or not - the box is also another good idea.

See my post. "MY Grow Room" that post has pictures and you will be able to see what I mean.

happy growing,

john

Guest superbluehaze

also my friend use insulated ducting - it cuts the noise of the air rushing through the ducting right down.

happy growing,

john

• 1 month later...
Guest delicious

some simple aerodynamic for silence....hope helps fan.jpg

sucking the air inside ... well if the corners are aerodinamicly shaped like red fan the air slide inside from shaped corners because there ?s no resistance for a?r ....but at 1 p?tcure the unsh?ped corners make back sirculation ...and when countuinig income air hits the s?rculated air (red ) it makes no?se ...well its the prenc?ple...

• 1 month later...

You can get a inline silencer for quite cheap or use a car back box (they look very similar and id imagine do the same thing).I use a 6" inline silence,goes like this 10" carbon filter,10"rpk,6" reducer,1metre ducting,6"silence and then the rest of the ducting.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...