Sliver1 - Exodus Cheese -14-01-11

sliver1

Long time no see wink_smile.gif

Well ive been interested for some time in becoming a seed-tester and finally wrote the E-mail to Franco and bam! i was a seed-tester (well actually not will first become one when i get seeds in water xP). Btw Fuzzy made a thread on how to become a tester and he posted some rules, go check it out. http://www.strainhunters.com/portal/content/seeds-testers-rules

Well on with the story...

Lets start off with the cabs

Veg:

Dimensions: 55cm x 55cm x 120cm

Lighting: 125cfl 6500K

Medium: Soil / Leca (clay pebbles)

Nutrients: BioBizz Grow / Alg A Mic

Temp: 20-30C ( it varies alot depending weather the door is open or not)

Humditiy: Havent got hygro-meter at the moment, but when i did have readings went from 30-70%

Flower:

Dimensions: 50cm x 82cm x 100cm

Lighting: 150hps 16000lumen

Medium: Soil / leca

Nutrients: BioBizz Bloom / Alg A Mic

Temp 25-30C+ (it wont get so hot that plants crisp, unless i forget fan -.- )

Humidity: 20-60% ( again will get more accurate later)

Well, I got Exodus Cheese seeds on the way, but the plan is to veg them for about 4weeks (unless i think plants to small?) and then move them to flower to 8+weeks, till budds smell and look best xD Feeding sched will be:

Water-Starve-Feed-Starve-Water-Starve-Feed.

Next update will be when i get seeds :)

Yo! xD

Ty for all responses, Jimmy i wish you much sucess and i see you got it! thx Tokage long time xP

Well Ganja Farmer is on and i received seeds today. 10 of them :O and after what ive heard they should be feminized :) and getting them wasnt a problem just got it in the post in very secure package, with a free Strain Hunters dvd.

Package

Seeds:

Well as said they're 10 Exodus Cheese feminized, but i actually dont know genetics so if someone knows please tell. The seeds are Medium- Small in size and are very light brown, not pale, but alittle too light-brown after what i like. And they also got no tiger stripes, which i use as indicator of good seeds. But still they are strong and no got no cracks. They also look really fresh? maybe from the last patch or something xD Well althought i dissed them (sorry) i think they will grow up to be big beautifull ladies :)

I will be soaking 5 seeds for about 28hours. they will be in water with a temp of 15-20C and will be covered to keep light out. Also i will try and play some Ravi Shankar for the seeds aswell as plants (studied musics effect on living things).

Dvd + seeds

Journey started 14/01/11 15:30

seeds in water (quality)

LET THE EXODUS BEGIN!

nice to have you all along xD and good luck H3rbalizer, also checking out your posts hehe, and John its always a pleasure to have you along.

Well seeds have cracked the shell (except 1) and i have moved them into papir towel. Really nothing new, but i have a question for you guys.

You see, I got my hands on some money (300euro, 400dollar) and i thought that i might upgrade my grow alittle. So what should i do? ill get Hygrometer, Thermometer but what else? maybe 400w hps and some ventilation. But do you guys have any ideas? all ideas are welcome, but i cant expand the grow to much, maybe ill get a flood tray that 100cm X 100cm.

Update time :)

Gotta start out with a problem. The bill on el was to big :( so i might have to close down half the grow or try and get lower bulbs. I heard Lumatek uses less Energy then or ballasts, is this true? Else the budget for growing might be used on a Lumatek then, 15x 3,5ltr pots (flowering, SoG). And i have got new thought about getting some slow release nutrients. http://growland-hydroponics.com/index.php?a=1841&

Well on to the seedlings. They all look pretty good, although they got alittle streatch. I put the fan on them yesterday to strength them alittle, it really helped. And by the way im also making a test. The seedling in the white pot have already received a weak solution of nutrients. It looks as good as the other, but stretchier, so i dont know if it is that good or maybe it will kick in later. Also the one with nutrients, shown that the earth keeps the water alot better then the others, without getting to wet. Dunno what you can use it for... but your welcome xP

Oh yea, the 5seeds i have left will be put in water very soon to start the outdoor grow xD

On to some pics

Seeds in dome

Side

sorry for bad quality, but you'll get the idea xD

7-9cm

hehe hey again...

kinda faulty update last one xP

Day:8

Height: 7cm

Nutes: only white pot got 1/4 BioBizz Grow

Temp: moved them after photos up to the flourescent tube, 25C

Humidity: 65%

They seem to like the heat alot more. But they are pretty slow seedlings compared to other GHS varieties i tried.

Guest superbluehaze

Exodus is a skunk 1 genetic variation, I believe.

more light would help your seddlings and stop them streaching.

You do need someway to measure humidity.

Digital ballast do use slightly less energy, but produce more light.

A 400watt(depending on your costs for power) costs around .12 cents a hour to run.

If you install a 400 watt light(and it would improve your grow out of sight)then use a cllo tube reflector with a fan drawing cool air through the light and out of the tent.

Your seedling do look fine though;

happy growing,

john

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all.

The strecthing is gone, repotted into 2ltr pots. They really seem to enjoy it, also they have got alittle better light, my good old 72watt flourescent tube system xD Also the hygrometer / thermometer is on the, also pots for flowering. Flowering will be perpetual with Hawaiian Snow and Arjans Strawberry Haze as mothers, and then 4 plants will be tests seeds like Exodus Cheese. Also Jiffy Fertilizer to increase root mass for clones and seedlings and Planta Star 250w bulb and Lumatek 250w ballast. Maybe ill move 150w hps to veg cap, if el bill is not a problem. will get new equipment tomorrow. Allthough Spider Mites are back -.- every thing is fine. They grew 1-2 new sets of leaves and now got 3. Btw any1 knows an organic way of gettin rid of Spider Mites? all i have heard is alchohol and nicotine, and i dont like that xP

They really looks like they like begin wet more then dry, and on the pic you can see the pot to the left is still wet and actually looks happier then the others.

Day:16days

Height: 5cm

Nutes: only white pot got 1/4 BioBizz Grow, the one to the far right.

Temp: 27C

Humidity: 70%

Light: Moved them back down under 4 x 18w flourescent tube, mixed spectrum.

Some Pics alittle early

Feed one is right

Guest delicious

keep ?t green ..fr?end ? want to see th?s page gets lots of comments ..that when you f?n?sh to answer your f?ngers gonna hurt.. :)

hey

delicious to have you aboard Delicious! xD

well not much develop ment since last, they one grown alittle wider then last week and thicker stem but some height.

They had spider mites before, could that slow growth? and also Cotyledons have turned yellow and died, this normally happens much later for me. Any ideas?

OUTDOOR will maybe start soon xD 10C today which is an okay temperature to grow in so next 5 Exodus Cheeses have been put in water today / now. And they will maybe be grown in a big plastic greenhouse if iam lucky and rich xP

Day:19days

Height: 5,5cm

Nutes: Romberg Seedling fert (7 - 3 - 6)

Temp: 25C

Humidity: 50%

php74uEONAM-647x485.jpg

they all look like this

• 2 weeks later...

NO COMMENT you got a thread with the blueberry? link xD

late sunday update, harvest and all. But plants have gotten more vigorous, not much taller just stronger. Also they got new slow releasing ferts ( 10, 2, 4) with a whole heap Calcium and some Magnesium, so i spread some over the top soil, also i have mixed the fert into soil. Plants have turned lighter in colour but i think it is because of the Cal or Mg.

Day:29days

Height: 6cm

Nutes: Trim fert (10, 2, 4)

Temp: 27C

Humidity: 45%

Allthough the high humidity and soap stressed a set of leaves on the babies as you will see on pics, also the one that got ferts early is very sick, so; no go.

Notice the middle one

The weak

Skipped middle

Front Left

Vigorous middle back

oh lol didnt see your sig, looking good xD

UPDATE: 20.02.11

They are finally out of seedling stage and they grow vigorously every day and they allmost have fan on 24/7 to toughen them up. The outdoor seeds all seemed to die? They also stretched a whole lot so i transplanted as i did before but the little girls couldnt take it and the stem became all soft and they fell over. I moved 1 into veg room to see if some indoor light will help. Rest is still in the window sill.

Day:33days

Height: 7cm

Nutes: Trim fert (10, 2, 4)

Temp: 24C

Humidity: 60%

right->left    back->front

weak, picking up

Vigorous

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

Hey.

Kinda emergency update

It first started with my Strawberry Haze that curled up and then died. Then a day after my fed of Exodus Cheese + Hawaiian Snow, the Snow's leaves started to curl as the Strawberry Haze. The day after Exodus Cheese got it to. Today, third day, they look like this:

IMG_0599.jpg

Here is some pics of the Hawaiian Snow

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

Heres a pic of the Vigorous one that i topped just before it curled

IMG_0589.jpg

well im gonna keep begging for mercy xD

There is actually some development in the Exodus Cheese with leaves on one of them looking like a Magnesium deficiency with interveinal chlorosis? But it is dead now... But atleast 1 Exodus Cheese is alive and it is a Sativa Phenotype. I saw alltogether 3 Phenos.

1. Sativa looking leaves, longer narrow sharp edged leaves.

2. Indica looking leaves, shorter fatter and rounder edges.

3. This is very special it was the one Vigorous it was inbetween thoose to with very big leaves that where long and fat. This would have been breeding stock, but you know how the story goes....

They are all closer to death now then ever before. So i have transplanted them, removed most soil and put them in pots with clean new soil. Only moist soil to avoid overwatering. Now after transplanting i see that all the roots have kinda decomposted into the soil. I have added chalk this time and doesnt chalk have a high neutralising effect?