GH Lemon Skunk 40L, in&out remix

Romeu9

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Jango420!

I'm glad you like it! :D

Tokage, she is a nice plant, the two main shoots gives her a nice spread style each time she grows a bit bigger!

And thank you for adding the vid to the post, my friend!

Indicando, I hope she will yeld lots too! ;)

Take care

Guest superbluehaze

hi romeu;

great work my friend;

what is the ec u feed her?

there is a minor problem, but we will solve it.

she is not engorged; this is an osmotic problem.

I would flush her and measure the ec of the drain water - use pH adjusted water if you can of around 5.7

say until 20 to 30% is run off through the drain holes in the pot.

Measure the Ec, and keep doing so until the Ec of the drain water is around Ec of .7 or well under 1;

check the pH of the drain water as well, so that it is within a reasonable range. (5.6 to 6.3)

the plants are getting too much nitrogen, and need more potassium and micro elements.

once flushed let her dry out, and then feed at a lower Ec,

but at a higher pH say 6 to 6.3

Your white lemon are looking great;

do the same with them regularly as well; well done!

I will check back tomorrow mate,

take care, my friend,

john

Hello, John.

Ok, I think the ph values and ec you are giving me are for hydro, but I grow in soil so I will adjust them to my growing, no worries :) ph 6 for flushes for me etc.

So, before transplant I have flushed her (still in the prior 18L pot), so after having runoff of 0.7 ec wen flushing, I gave her 1L more with ec 1.5. After dryed, I then transplanted her to this new 40L pot she's in now.

Ok, the watering I gave her after transplant was 2L at ec 1.5 again.

Will give her in the next watering 4L, because 2L wasnt enough to help soak the medium enough so the roots can start expanding to the new medium around it. Should I giver her only Humic/fulvic at that next watering or can I also add the bloom additives but with no base nutrients, what you think my friend?

Thank you, John!

Take care.

Guest superbluehaze

hi romeu,

I think the problem is that you do not let her dry out after flushing but feed her straightaway;

the idea of a flush is to rid the soil of salts, by giving her a nutrient feed with a high Ec the salts are building up again -

medium .7 plus feed 1.5 together over 2.2 Ec - the plant is not able to expire water and suck up nurients and water efficiently - that is why your plant is not engorged.

once you see it, you will know what I am talking about when i say engorged, swollen.

Plants need just to transpire water sometimes - it depends on a lot of factors whether the plant just takes up water and leaves the salts behind;

salts have also built up in your plant - plants like us store excess food in their leaves and stems;

when we store food it is fat;

Your plant needs a good flush, as the salts are still in your old medium; and then feed for a time with a lower Ec of around 1.2 to 1.3;

flush her really well, mate but let her dry out before you feed her again; she needs that plain water.

then next feed, after she has dried out, give her a light feed at say 1.3 EC and a pH of around 6.

you will be amazed at the difference after you have done it believe me, my friend.

this is very important as you do use some organic nutrients, which stay in the medium longer than chemicals do;

the 40 liter pot will be great, but water the medium well, or else the bottom levels become dried out very quickly , and the roots at the bottom die from lack of water.

personally in the next feed i would also give a a light feed of around Ec1.3 and make sure about 20% runs out the bottom of the pot, and would continue to do some until she shows you she needs more food;

I would say in 10 days to 2 weeks.

with ph make sure your nutrient is in the range 6 to 6.4 pH - the plant needs a little more potassium and less nitrogen.

happy growing,

john

Hello, my friend!

Yes, you're right, wen flushing, lets say I flushed withe 50L of plain water, but then last 1L was with nuts and additives at ec 1.5, since im in winter she takes about 20 days to be completely dryed after flushing,so I had to giver her some ec or she would turn pale because of so many days without feeding, i keep forgeting i can foliar feed, my mistake!

Anyway I will give her a flush wen she is dry again with just humic/fulvic acids and maybe some rhizo because i just transplanted her.

Thank you for your wisdom, my friend!

Take care

Guest superbluehaze

ok my friend;

20 days does seem a long time, but you can feed her during that time.

when i say dried out it does not mean you have to wait that long -

the soil should be dry at a depth of the middle joint of your largest finger

flush with as much plain water/ fulvic as you can at the right pH.

let her dry out for 1 week;

then feed her a nurient solution of say 1.2 Ec

and see,

i will guide you mate;

plants are different in their needs, and sometimes they just need plain water for a bit;

I grow hydro, but I have found that it is better for me to use this cycle:

every second to third watering is just plain ph adjusted water with fulvic and humic acid so that it is

feed, feed, flush; feed feed flush;

my plants have improved enoprmously since I started doing this, but it is not set in concrete either;

sometimes it may be feed feed feed and then flush,

or feed flush feed flush;

it all depends on the plants and how they look

happy growing,

my friend

john

Guest superbluehaze

it is a great terrace;

hi romeu,

she is looking good mate, but will look better with a good flush;

she is showing signs of toxic overload; it happens when using organics;

she is looking good my friend.

well done, mate

happy growing

john

I flushed with Hygrozyme 1ml/L + Humic/Fulvic 2ml/L + Rhizotonic 2ml/L + Carbo Load 1ml/L + micro organisms and a few drops of Superthrive.

I once read something about not being so good using the Superthrive while in flower, do you know something about that John?

Take care

Just ordered the sunmate reflector with 250w cfl 2x spec :)

Friday will be here and the tent will be running!

About the skunk I think she will have a decent yeld, how much bigger then it should be, I dont know at all :D

Still she is in the new pot for just 7 days, so she have alot space to grow roots and become bigger.

Thanks, tokage!

Take care

Guest superbluehaze

hi Romeu,

she is looking much better now that you have flushed her.

if she gets lots of light, I think you will be surprised at harvest time;

well done, my friend,

john

Heya Fuzzy! :D

I will flower her until midlle of April yes, but for that I will have to (as usual in these times) get her inside to a dark place,

so she only gets the 12h dark period inside, that's the thing with outdoor poted plants, if I didnt do that she would stress or reveg,

because at that time of April the daylight will be more then just 12 hours. ;)

Anyway, she will yeld alot more then 50g!!! Last one was White Rhino in a 18L pot and I harvested those 50g out of her and she had a root problem in flower, so this one will be considerebly more, for sure! :D

Thanks!

Take care

Thank you, John!

How are you, my friend?

Thank you for watching her again!

Light will be the Sun now that the days are bright again finaly, and inside the tent in the early and late part of the days, with 250w cfl in 0.5m2 for her, for now.

The digital 250w I will be adding to the tent will not be here in time for this plant, but other plants will come in the future..

Let's see!

Take care

Guest superbluehaze

hello my friend,

if you can give her lots of sunshine, I think she may really surprise you yeild wise.

with enough light she will yeild 200 to 300 grams - WITH ENOUGH LIGHT

Just one thing, though, my friend, flush her with just plain water and fulvic acid say least once a fortnight.

This is very important;

You do not have to let her dry right out, before you feed her again, but wait 3 to 4 days, and then give her a normal feed.

When using organics, the Ec levels can rise sharply, as a lot of the nutrients aret insoluable and do not register when you measure the Ec level before giving the plant nutrient, but once broken down into salts by micro oganisms in your medium, then the Ec levls can rise very quickly in your medium.

Also, what fulvic acid does it is allows the elements to form ions in solution, and it allows these ions to move more freely into the plant..

It does this as it helps the nutrient to conduct an electrical currant;

this means that the plant can make better use of the elements that are in solution; therefore, given normal EC levels, the plant is taking in much more than it can use, and this excess can become toxic to the plant.

By toxic I mean that the plant is not transpiring water fully; it is having trouble because it is over feed;

use a lower Ec because of this; say around 1.3 to 1.5 max.

this is important as if the plant is burdened with too high an Ec level, it has trouble drawing in nutrient and water, and this restricts its growth and ability to flower fully.

The plant may on first glance look fine, but the plant's leaves from top to bottom will not be full extended and streached out;

notice the ends of the leaves turning down like a horn - that is a sign of too much nutrient(nitrogen).

watch the tips of the leaves and if they are slightly burnt, then flush as this is also a sign of too much nutrient

each environment is different, but as a rule consider the Ec levels in the Green House videos to be absolute maximums.

Remember that the Green House plants are grown in rockwool, using inorganic nutrients in an ideal environment;

when using organic nutrients, along with fulvic acid, it is important to use a lower Ec, than when using straight inorganic nutrients.

watch your plant and when the osmotic pressure is right, she will be streached out from top to bottom,

and have an engorged look, or swollen look - when she is looking that way, she is really powering, and that is when you get those little drops of water coming through the leaves -

then you really know the osmatic pressure is spot on!

and this has a lot to do with Ec levels and regular flushing with plain water and fulvic to get rid of any excess salts that have built up, and watching her closely for any excess.

Good luck with you new tent and light;

enjoy, my friend

and happy harvest

john

Thanks copious and tokage!

I've updated some info on the post, take a look.

Besides the lemon skunk, for now I have the two white lemons, everytime the sun is high and hot i move the plants outside to the terrace! ;)

Take care