Super Lemon Haze

CannCollector

Well after chatting with some other members here it looks like I have been giving my plants too much water. I thought that the leaf curling was genetic, but we now suspect that it is being caused by over watering. I am going to start giving them about 500 ml of water/ferts per plant/pot from now on. I was giving them more water less often, but now I know that it is better to give them less water more often. In the past I would water/fertilize until water would come out of the bottom of the pots which I now know is wrong. In a month I will put some more pictures and maybe the leaf curl will be gone by then.

One interesting thing to note is that the lemon skunk pheno is not showing leaf curl so it may be that the haze/sativa pheno is more sensitive to it and possbly the effects of over watering are manifesting themselves in ways that are less noticeable in the lemon skunk phenotype.

thanks to fuzzy,romeu9,dfwi, elektro, and everyone else im sincerely grateful for all the advice

respect

Yes, sativas like smaller amounts of water and ferts then indicas.

After a few weeks just with 500ml feeds, you can then giver her two feeds 500ml and then one 1L max feed, then back again to 500ml two feeds then again one feed 1L.

See how they go as you go along and will be all good ! :)

I ow what i told you to same mistakes I did on my plants and the teachings of the Grow Guru, Sr. superbluehaze!

Thank him, not me!

Take care

• 2 weeks later...

Well friends it turns out that 500 ml is not enough water for plants in 3-5 gallon pots. They need quite a bit more than that...the leaf curl that we see is actually caused by too much nitrogen, not over watering. A better description would be to say that they have a "horned" look, like the horns on a Ram (male mountain goat)

After chatting with superbluehaze and my friends at a local hydro shop we all agree on what I just said.

I am going to try and remedy the problems by flushing with pure water (in generous amounts) and giving them a foliar feed, using Humboldt Nutrients "Ginormous" bloom enhancer. Im also going to bring the ph down to around 6 using a natural ph adjuster.

It should be said that when it is time to water/fertilize you want to add water/ferts until there is water coming out of the drainage holes in the bottom of the pot, this will remove unwanted salts. Water/fertilize the soil thoroughly so that it is completely wet. That is the way I have been doing it for over 3 years now. And then wait until the top 2 inches of the soil are dry before watering again, I also lift the pot to see how heavy it is. That is what I was taught/ learned originallly and that is the way I am going to do my watering from now on. Too little water will result in salt buildup, nutrient lock out, and plants with leaves that look dehydrated. I knew this already but against my better judgement I took some "bad" advice.

If others are haveing success using small amounts of water then ignore what I am saying.

The plants seem to be suffering from salt build up and nutrient lock out. Despite the problems they are having they continue to flower, hopefully we can solve their nutrient issues and increase the ultimate yield.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest superbluehaze

hello my friend,

the leaves forming a horn shape these plants have to much nitrogen.

too much nitrogen can lock out other nutrients,

you also have salt building up in the medium.

Flush really well!

then cut back on the nitrogen, and give them nore potassium and phosophors but less nitrogen.looking good,happy harvest,john

I hear you superbluehaze, i am starting to think the soil mix is too hot as in too rich in nitrogen... when i planted these i mixed in a new type of soil that i had never tried before. They were stressed before this too... I wont make those mistakes again... i will take more pictures before harvest...one of them looks fine and other three lost a few leaves and the fan leaves dont look healthy but the smaller leaves and the leaves around the buds look healthy...

they are still going for it...this strain never lets me down...they smell delicious from now until harvest...

...Next time will be better...

• 2 weeks later...