super lemon haze

hazeydayz

im on my 2nd grow of super lemon haze and have been useing biobizz nutriunts with biobizz allmix soil

both crops have grown well and looked very helthy but just cant seem to get big heavy buds they are very leafy and light the bud its self is grate but there is lots of room for improvment any sugestions

i veg for 4 weeks then flower for 10-11 got a 600w mh and use 15ltr pots with plenty off space 1.5m x 1.7m x 2.2m

Hi there,

Looks like a happy lady to me, and that bud looks like a fair size one, but as another poster said it is hard to guage in pictures and I've never grown the SLH so I have limited input, but I will list the possibilities that I see.

Having said that you said you use a 600MH, do you switch to an HPS bulb for flower?

15L pots, that's what 4gal so I can't see the root base size being the issue.

Are they getting enough of a breeze? I find the more fans the more they produce as the plant will take in more water/nutrients to replace what the fans are taking from the buds.

PH 5.5 - 6.0 might be a tad low for soil, I've read that 6.3 - 6.5 is ideal for soil. Then again, I use 6.3 and mine look very similar to yours except of course I havn't grown SLH specifically, so I doubt that PH is the issue.

Only other thing I'd recommend is as someone already mentioned more light. You can simply add more, but I'd also ponder other ways of getting more light to them as well if you know what I mean, because I've found that alternating light coming at a 45 degree angle instead of mostly vertical light coming straight down will get light to those "popcorn" budsites and encourage them to grow larger, meeting up with the node above it and closing a bud. I find rotating and actually re-locating plants helps with this. People with multiple lights will see this increase as the light coming in at a 45 from the second light will reach the sides and underneath. Even if you prefer to lolipop and remove most popcorn, the buds will bulge more at the sides with this added light.

Sorry for the long post, hopefully some of it is of use. Good luck improving your yields my friend.