Aussie's Outdoor White Lemon. updated 24/3/11

Ok guys here goes,

First up i have designed this grow in a way that a newbie who just recieved a bunch of seeds and winter is comming and cant wait till next season to plant a couple of seeds.

I will be using very basic materieals to show that any newbie can do this kind of thing.

Ok a month or so ago I popped some white lemon into some cocco pots and germed them up.

PIC_0010_0.JPG

I have had them placed outside from day one and 3 out of 5 popped.

I have been growing them in cocco coir and now i am just about to transplant them into their final pots. They will be grown using normal potting mix with mixtures of broken down horse sheet and some coir to help retain a bit of moisture.

They will not be going into huge containers just normal 2 ltr garden pots. I dont want them too big as it is autmn here and the window is closing on the growing season.

Ok 3-4 weeks have gone by and now to show you the pics of the ladies before transplant.PIC_0049.JPGPIC_0050.JPG

I have included a picture from out the back of my NL special that was crossed with a male NL special.

PIC_0051.JPGPIC_0052.JPG As you can see by the size of the bud (only 15 inch plant) it is what i am hoping to achieve with the White Lemon.

I will update this for next week after i transplant.

Ok 24/3 update.

After finally being able to hobble around after being bed ridden for a week it was time to transplant into pots for the outdoor grow.

The are transplanted into 2 ltr pots with a basic potting mix plus added horse sheet and coir.

Now the fun part begins as of this week are nealy at the 12/12 hr mark for the sun at my lattitude and they are only small so it should be a nice compact grow.

I am not much of an individule soil grower so here is where i will need others to help me out and to tell me when things are needed please.

I have waited till this time cause they will be grown in my own yrd and i have very nosey neighbours and a 6 ft plant would be a bit outstanding lol.

I estimate that thse will get to the2ft mark when finished much like an auto.

PIC_0055.JPG

Hey aussie!

As soon as the temps start to drop you will also have to lower the watering amounts to those ladies, so no more then 200ml max waterings (10% of pot size), and wen the temps drop you will have to lower it to about 100ml or a bit less. Take my word on it, thats how I handled to overwinter my plants.

Here's the link to the Overwintering plants info: http://www.strainhunters.com/portal/content/overwintering-plants-indoors

Also, due to temp lowering you prob will find that some of them will not be prepared to flower, and the ones that will, can have mold problems on the buds...

Take care

Just a quick update to say they are doing great. I wanted to show them in their hidden home. The big one at ther back is another nl special and it is the same age and has gone to bud already... The white is still vegeing. They are approx 15cm above the pot.

When i transplaned them i added some poo to the pot so i dont think i will have to feed for a little while.

PIC_0005_3.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
Guest superbluehaze

hi aussie,

The white lemon seems to have two phenos;

you seem to have both - one in more indica like than the other which takes after the SLH.

the buds are large and dense, and have a citrus to skunky odor;

yeild will be high, and i would expect you to have at least 2 to 3 onces per plant, if they are getting full sun.

the high is uplifting and affirmative;

the buds are VERY potent, almost as potent as the haze 3;

happy harvest, mate

john

• 1 month later...

I am sorry for the late update guys but my computer shit itself and now i am finally back online to show you guys the grow.

I just have to sort out my phone as the pics had to come from there atm.

Hey blue they were only 14 inches high and they were only one bud like the the NL but they were hard as a rock and sticky as hell.............

Gimme a day or two and i will upload the photos

Ok here we go as i have had a hell of a time trying to get these photos out of a bloody mobile and onto a computer grrrrrr lol

As you guys have seen they were put in right at the end of summer in only 2 ltr pots as i wanted to show people what a mug grower who didn't want to wait till the next summer can do with little to no experience.

Here they were in their hiddy place on chop day.

Image0059.jpg

Even the blue/ purple tones were starting to show with the cooler weather..

Image0060.jpg

I couldn't see much difference in the pheno's other than the middle one was smaller and more compact but that could have a number of causes....

Image0063.jpg

Image0064.jpg

Ok now for the smoke report::........

I use a Vaporizer and it is one of the tastiest buds iv'e grown...

Very pronounced lemony citrus taste....

Very sticky when dried and cured.... Almost impossible to chop up.....

The stoned starts slow and you think.... average:::::: Two minutes later you are thinking um ...um..wow..lol

Very cerebral at the start it is all in the back of your head... then it mellows down to a nice indica mellowness that is great for my favourite sport of fishing where it is good to chill out..confused_smile.gif

Well worth the effort of growing and stay tuned for a indoor scrog in a month or so..

And next summer get ready as i will be doing a couple of single grows straight in the ground in the aussie sun...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...